Back to Financial Markets

Aug 19, 2020

126 - 150 of 3,639 Reviews for Financial Markets

By Juan C E P

Dec 27, 2020

Wonderful course on Financial Markets. I personally think the focus is on Financial Risk Management, which is great. I learned a lot and I am sure it will be very useful for success in my personal and professional life. I would appreciate it if you could update it and take us into account especially with the changes in the world economy that are warned with the global pandemic of SARS-2 (COVID-19) That we are currently living and that will definitely change the whole world as we knew it, especially regarding finances in general. Thanks to Professor Shiller for this magnificent course!

By Chris J B B

Jun 6, 2020

This course has taught me financial literacy. I have learned how financial markets work, how financial system, innovations, instruments, institutions function and perform their purpose in the society. I also learned the greater purpose of finance which does not only focuses on our self but on the bigger society. Everyone should engage themselves in financial activities because finance is not only for the rich. Everybody should be financially literate and learn how to manage their own risks not only for themselves but also to contribute for a better society and for the common good.

By Beatriz C S

May 2, 2018

This course provides an overall vision about US's financial system mixed with basic financial concepts and it's an interesting introduction to behavioral finance. Professor's Robert Shiller lessons are clear, direct and unique.

The course is structured so that all the concepts are clear through a mix of lectures given by Professor Robert Shiller and more informal seminars with the students' discussions. The exams at the end of each lesson are useful to consolidate what has been learned.

I would recommend this course to anyone interested in getting to know the financial world.

By Curtis D

Feb 28, 2018

The course and Professor Schiller were both excellent! I am an engineer by training and I now realise how much I did not know about finance and how the world really works and what (finance) is gradually becoming more important in the global economy. This course provides a fundamental understanding of the financialisation and the financial instruments and tools that make our world better (options, trading, put-call, shorts, futures, banking, insurance, risk, crises, etc) and worse off, as well as the history behind these tools, market upsets, etc. etc. HIGHLY RECOMMENDED.

By Rishi D

Jun 8, 2020

An excellent introductory course for financial markets with an equally exemplary professor. Coming from a background with limited knowledge on finance, this course helped me to understand the major motivators and the technology which drives the market. Concepts taught in this course are both technically and socially relevant and can be re-appropriated to local financial markets easily. Thanks to everyone who contributed to this, especially Prof. Shiller whose enthusiasm made its seem as if the digital boundaries dissolved and I were actually having a conversation in class.

By Gurdeep S

Aug 31, 2020

I've really enjoyed Professor Robert Shiller's delivery of this course. I have learnt a great deal about financial markets and the financial system through this course. Having worked in the financial services industry, this course has given me more flavour regarding the industry I work in, and I'm sure the knowledge will be beneficial for my career.

High quality of learning especially that it can be audited for free.

Using real life examples and case studies put's more context to the theory.

I highly recommend this course, I have gone through the lectures second time!

By Akshar K S

Apr 30, 2020

Financial markets by professor Robert Shiller is a fantastic course. Everything about this course - from the topics covered to the paedology, is spotless. It perfectly meets its objectives of giving a wonderful introduction to the world of finance, providing knowledge about the various financial instruments, and finally, how we can use finance creatively and view it not just from the money, but for the good of the society. My heartfelt gratitude to Professor Shiller, Yale University and Coursera for this amazing, intellectual and highly informative course.

By G M

Jul 25, 2020

Very well organized and conducted course giving a broad view about financial markets, various kinds of instruments and the behavioural aspects of investment in financial instruments and their choice. Prof. Shiller was excellent and so was the support from Mr. Gupta. The salon sessions were very good as the students there were posing questions occurring to me, thereby making me a virtual participant. The tests were also good. Reading material and a Unit on payment and settlement systems for financial markets could have made the course more fulfilling.

By Mikhail K

Jul 26, 2020

MANY thanks for all the work you have done creating this course! I've learned A LOT of exciting things not just about financial markets but everything that surrounds it and all of us! The only drawbacks are that some things were cut from the real lecture so it wasn't included in the course and it made it difficult to fully understand these things. However, resorting to the course forums and some Internet sources helped create a full picture. Some subtitles were also not 100% accurate but it didn't hamper the learning process. HUGE thanks once again!

By Vishal

Jun 7, 2020

Robert Shiller is a wonderful economist and Professor. Hope I get an opportunity to meet him in real and try to gain more knowledge from him on finance and markets. I really had a wonderful experience studying under him and am envious, that I couldn't get an opportunity to be in his class physically. I will forever be grateful to him for this course and the knowledge I have gained from him. I started off as an illiterate in finance and now can proudly say, i have learnt so many new concepts and the way how markets and finance works. Thank you sir.

By ginasklee@hotmail.com

At first start, Dr Shiller highlights clearly the purpose of this course is NOT on how to make us rich. And finance is a technology for Good or Evil. This reminds me the case of Ledman Brothers, who went bankruptcy after 161 year operation due to the continuing subprime mortgage crisis. It's super important for professionals (like CPA, lawyers, financial professionals, sustainability peers) to have upright moral standards in order to enhance the development of human beings in the right track without tragedy because of unlimited greed and desire.

By Sunil H

May 4, 2020

It was an honor and privilege learning under the able guidance of an accomplished luminary like Professor Shiller. He is an amazing sea of knowledge. The Financial Markets course is a well structured course divided into weekly modules and questions at the end of each module. Being a Finance Professional, I have learnt the various nuances about International Financial Markets which I am sure will help me in my career and life. My sincere thanks to Yale University and Coursera for bringing this prestigious course to the students online. Thank you

By Diana C R Q

Aug 5, 2020

Cordial Saludo.

Aprovecho esta oportunidad para dar las gracias a la Universidad de Yale por apoyar y compartir virtualmente los conocimientos del profesor Shiller, adicionalmente por facilitarlo traducido. Fue muy grato para mi poder conocer principios básicos del mercado financiero de Estados Unidos, a través de una metodología que me permitió llegar a descubrir similitudes en el sistema financiero del sistema Colombiano evidenciando que las fallas son historicamente compartidas . Gracias y muchos exitos 🙂

Att

Diana Carolina Roa Quiceno

By Souvik B

Aug 1, 2020

Exceptional! Thanks to Coursera for excellent design of the course along with the quizzes and a massive thanks to Prof Robert J. Shiller for detailed insights of this vast subject, starting from the basics, giving real life examples after each and every topic so that we can easily relate with the situation, immersive lectures, and making it pretty much interesting and well understandable for the beginners. It was a lovely experience to get acclimatized with the financial world and the capability of financial innovations and technology.

By Pedro L

Jun 17, 2020

Muy didáctico, tiene mucha información financiera que no dominaba, conocía. Igualmente me da una entrada para entender como operan algunas cosas en el mercado financiero internacional, ya queda seguir profundizando conocimientos en cuanto al trade que es el área que quiero abarcar. Doy gracias a la Universidad de Yale y a Coursera por la oportunidad pues amablemente accedieron a otorgarme la beca en este curso. Muchas gracias y espero me ayude a obtener posiciones en el mercado en esta área. Gracias y háganlo, doy fe que es excelente!!!

By Shardul S K

Jul 27, 2020

The course has been so invaluable to me and has opened my eyes and widened my vision to a whole new universe. I feel so much more of value than I was before I took up this course. Saying this course is every penny of its worth would be an astronomical understatement. Prof. Robert Shiller has formed an irreplaceable place in my heart and has imbued an aspiration for me to attend the Yale college someday down the line. This was truly a magnificent ride which I'm going to be forever grateful for to Prof. Shiller and of course Coursera.

By Vivek V K R

Jun 11, 2020

I strongly recommend this course to my fellow learners. From Prof. Robert Shiller’s lucid explanation of the concepts with his wit & engaging examples to the comprehensive curriculum of the course that can accommodate beginners as well as advanced learners to explain the role of finance in the world, the different instruments, how complex and powerful they really are and lastly how to be a prudent investor in general.

Thanks to Prof. Shiller, after completing this course, I am motivated to pursue a career in Portfolio Management.

By Yukiko S

Apr 29, 2020

The Financial Markets course was built in the way that anybody can understand the overview of the entire and the broader financial sector. I found it eye-opening and that many aspects of financial markets have a lot to do with the modern understanding of human psychology and behavioral science. It was interesting enough to devote many hours alone online. Never felt like the math torture. I would recommend it to anyone with interest. It will hopefully cast out the bias and gets you the new view points around anything finance.

By Yucen F

Course highly recommended. I really loved this course and I found the topics fascinating. It allowed me to look at finance from different perspectives and showed me the two facet of finance depending on how we use it. The Salons and QA interection parts make the course more active and intriguing. The essay also allowed me to discover a new insight of an extremely interesting topic. Professor Shiller tried to inspire us to think about what finance can contribute to society and help us understand our role in making it happen.

By Herman G

Nov 2, 2020

Impressive content and awesome delivery by a distinguished and awarded Professor with incredible speakers that inspires me to do better in finance application in uplifting the less privileged with the use of finance and IT by disrupting the incumbents in less developed economy like the Philippines.

As a veteran finance executive with global experience this refresher course is interesting more so with it's altruistic vision.

I would like to hear more from Robert Schiller on the strategies to move forward with his visions.

By Matthieu S

Apr 8, 2020

It was a great course that gave a very broad view of finance and its concrete implications in society. Pr Shiller is a very good lecturer and manages to make complex concepts understandable. Of course, this is not a course that will transform you into a finance wizard. But it gives you a taste for this field, and a starting point to exploit further on. I must add that Pr Shiller did a good job of adapting lectures to the digital, engaging in short talks with students and leading interviews with some finance figures.

By Ojasvini

Jun 7, 2020

It is one of the interesting courses offered by Yale University on Coursera. This course strengthened my basics of Finance and in particular, of financial markets. It is designed in the beautiful way. Everything from the videos to quizzes is amazing and informative. Prof. Shiller's perspective of finance is unique in itself (must to be known). Every concept is explained with practical real life examples. And the Salon discussions are quite engaging. Really liked this course, am looking forward to more such courses.

By Adriana P

Oct 7, 2020

When I started this course I didn't knew much about the finance world and its inner workings. What I liked most about the course was the large specter that it covered, it was a from A to Z for beginners and what it did for me is it had awakened the curiosity to learn more about the field. I also love the fact that the presentation of concepts was backed by actual examples. It helped me understand better and create connections with events and notions that I already possessed. Very helpful! Thank you for the course!

By Tarun r

Jul 5, 2020

Professor Shiller has a vast knowledge about his field he is an award-winning economist and gives us a deep knowledge about the course I would love to take more courses from professor Shiller as a suggestion to you can you please bring more videos of professor so that we can more deeply understand the financial markets as I am keen to learn more about the markets. Overall the course is so good I just loved professors' way of teaching. He is good and I think the best teacher in the world we love you, professor.

By Sadman H N

Apr 19, 2020

Yale University did an outstanding job. This course was presented in an organized way and it was easy to understand the topics thanks to our honorable Robert Shiller sir. Now I have a lot of knowledge about financial market and I think Yale Universities teaching standard is one of the best in the world. I would love to learn more from this university and my goal is to admit myself in masters in Yale University. This would change my life completely. Thanks Yale for giving me an opportunity to be a part of you.