Back to Financial Markets

SK

176 - 200 of 2,647 Reviews for Financial Markets

By Chio W P

Aug 18, 2018

This is a general course letting you understand the Financial Market. Professor Shiller is a very passionate finance & economic people, he emphasis a lot times that Finance is not about making money. I enroll this course because of this. There's a lot technical terms being discussed but you need to further research if you want to deepen the knowledge. Anyway, it's a great course and I like it.

By Ankit S

Apr 27, 2020

It was everything I can ask for. Living in India, I always wanted credible information to understand how the financial system works in countries like the USA and the history of things that are so common around us.

Most important and a huge shoutout goes to the ever humble and charming professor who made it a point to keep the course simple yet informative and relevant.

Thank you to everyone.

By AKASH K

Jul 01, 2019

It was a really a great opportunity to be a part of this course, which ultimately enhanced my skills towards finance and its related concepts.

As mentioned before at this very moment i wish to send my love and support to Prof. Shiller for his contribution to the entire course session, Yale Management, and the entire Coursera team for there support and guidance

Regards: AKASH KURIEN

By Mangesh S R

May 06, 2020

The good thing about the course is it takes you through several topics and historical facts which one might not find on the internet easily. The Course is quite good but they have not mentioned the reading material as pre-requisite beforehand which they should include since some topics require previous knowledge. It was me who saw the available resources later after completing the course.

By Brandon C

Mar 11, 2020

Prof Shiller has created a thorough yet concise overview of all the major financial markets out there while providing well thought out solutions to a variety of important economic issues. Shot with a mix of lectures, small groups, and coffee shop chats. You feel like you're at Yale learning alongside everyone. Refreshing and doable. You're bound to learn something useful from this course.

By Rocío M T

Aug 07, 2020

I enjoyed this course because It's easy to understand although I don't have too much knowledge about Financial Markets. It is a course that helps you to get into the very importance of Economics in the world and the view that it's not just about making money but about putting that knowledge at the service of Society. I recommend it if you want to have a different but very realistic view.

By Putcha L N R

Apr 13, 2019

Just fabulous course! Professor Shiller does an amazing job, explaining the basics of finance! I completely recommend the course to every single person, irrespective of their background, to help get bird's eye view of the basic financial terms and tools! Helps you understand why finance is essential, not only if you have taken it up at graduate or undergraduate level; but is life indeed.

By Dylan W

Mar 29, 2020

This was an incredible course. I learned a lot about financial markets and the more intricate systems of the financial systems that are so essential to our everyday life. Mr. Shiller was a great orator and I genuinely found this course intellectually stimulating and helpful. I'm so glad I was able to have this opportunity to reinforce my studies and better prepare myself for my future.

By Juan A A Q

Aug 06, 2020

El profesor Shiller ha sido un guía espléndido para el entendimiento de los mercados de capitales. No solamente ha sabido exponer de buena manera los principales conceptos técnicos sino que también nos ha dejado un mensaje importante: preocuparnos en llevar a las finanzas a un siguiente nivel, donde podamos ser estrategas en aplicarlas generando el bien común. Muchas gracias Profesor.

By DANIEL D

Jun 06, 2020

This was an excellent course due to its human capital and the entire team who provide the knowledge and experience to generate meaningful learning for many people through this financial markets course, and this contributes to improve not only on an intellectual level but on a social level encouraging critical-analytical thinking. thanks to Coursera, Robert Shiller and the whole team.

By Karla L R M

Jul 27, 2020

I am extremely grateful with this course and everyone involved! I had a great time, I learned a lot and I am happy that now I am not so lost financially talking and that I can understand a lot of important matters that I will need in my future life. I promise I will always maintain these knowledges present in my day-to-day life and I will share what I know to make a better society.

By Schreihans G

Jun 01, 2019

I really liked the course, even though it very much focused - especially in the housing part - on the US-American view. I would recommend to also have a look on the housing markets and the problem solving capacities of other countries. I am from Vienna, Austria and the city of Vienna addresses the housing issue very well and as well manages to remain the world's most liveable city.

By Dhanya N

Mar 25, 2020

I loved this course. As an undergraduate student with a very limited understanding of financial markets, this course was a great introduction and covered all the key concepts. The workload is very manageable, and Professor Shiller is extremely engaging. I am very grateful for the opportunity to have learned from such a renowned economist. I highly recommend Financial Markets!

By Ada A K

Sep 21, 2018

A huge thank to Professor Shiller for his beautiful work and kindness, to Yale University for the unbelievable opportunity to study in, to Coursera team, great platform and worldwild proximity, for your desire to help and to give opportunity for better life in broad sense and for letting me the opportunity to be a student for free. Thank you again! Best wishes and good luck!

By Till B

May 12, 2020

Really enjoyed this curse providing a comprehensive introduction into the world of finance. Professor Schiller is a great lecturer who is capable of explaining complex theory in a precise and understandable way, sharing interesting insights from his vast experience in this field. Fully recommend taking this course for everyone, not only for people engaged with the matter.

By Martin Š

Jul 21, 2018

Great course to deepen your knowledge about financial markets and gain insight how things are in the States which is very helpfull if you are a foreigner and are being taught only "local" stuff. Mr. Schiller is very easy to listen to and may be very similar to your gramps which you might have lost in early age same as I did. Too bad this course has to end. Will miss this.

By Anupriya A

Jun 04, 2020

A unique course of Risk and Portfolio Management, with not just learning about Stock Markets and managing risks but how to analyse and reduce it by covering the history of stock market understanding the contents behind markets being bearish and bullish. Prof. Shiller made me understand all the concepts by giving relevant and experienced examples in almost all the topics.

By Paul F G

Sep 08, 2017

This was a most excellent course, interesting and very well taught. It's not often you get unfettered access to a senior lecturer and a Nobel Laureate at that. Professor Shiller is amazing as a straightforward, unassuming yet immensely knowledgable expert and teacher on a fascinating subject that not enough people understand or even know much about. Take this class!

By Rommel E

Jul 28, 2020

Incredible course. Over my expectations. Professor Shiller made it all easy to understand. Interviews were just great, and I feel I have received more than a course, a lesson for life trough those interviews. The dynamic of the course was great, videos, examples, translation, etc, what a great way to learn!!

Thank you Professor Shiller, Yale and of course: COURSERA

By Tomiwa A

Jun 27, 2020

This is a course everyone needs to take regardless of your field or specialization. This breaks down the financial markets and the players and other key concepts in traditional and modern day finance as it relates to our daily activities. I strongly recommend this course to all who are thinking about starting a career in finance or willing to enhance their career.

By thomas c

May 09, 2020

Very interesting course on Financial Market. It deals with most features of the field. As a french engineering student, I learnt a lot and really discovered a passion about finance! Moreover I haven't felt any langage barrier for this course, the professor was really understandable and clear but of course, the specific terms of finance meant some additional work.

By Kaushal B

Jul 19, 2020

One of the best on general finance and economics. It imparts knowledge about how finance developed over the years and builds up one's general knowledge. The structure of this course is very well designed and has is far above the other courses which are generally available. Also, the professor is an expert in his domain, and the salon sessions were really helpful

By Sanjay g

Sep 14, 2018

Amazing prof , DR Shiller - introduces any new concept with so much background and history, that generates a lot of interest. I have been working in the financial markets for the last 15 years and this course has been extremely useful for brushing up concepts across the span. Great concept f behavioural finance and how in real markets it takes a critical stage.

By Sooraj M

Jun 25, 2018

Absolutely wonderful course. Doesn't just focus on the purely academic, but also applies all the principles taught in a practical manner. The course is well organised, with lectures, quizzes, and other compelling material. Robert Shiller, in his lectures, is very easy to listen to and understand. On the whole, I am very happy and glad to have done this course.

By Alisson F B d O

Jul 24, 2020

Ótimo curso! mesmo sendo um curso introdutório, ele aborda várias partes do sistema financeiro com um detalhamento nas informações surpreendente, ele conta a história e a psicologia por trás de alguns instrumentos financeiros, mostrando além dos discursos tradicionais sobre o mercado financeiro. Muito obrigado Prof. Robert Shiller pelos seus ensinamentos.