Back to Financial Markets

May 9, 2020

126 - 150 of 3,391 Reviews for Financial Markets

By Gurdeep S

Aug 31, 2020

I've really enjoyed Professor Robert Shiller's delivery of this course. I have learnt a great deal about financial markets and the financial system through this course. Having worked in the financial services industry, this course has given me more flavour regarding the industry I work in, and I'm sure the knowledge will be beneficial for my career.

High quality of learning especially that it can be audited for free.

Using real life examples and case studies put's more context to the theory.

I highly recommend this course, I have gone through the lectures second time!

By Akshar K S

Apr 30, 2020

Financial markets by professor Robert Shiller is a fantastic course. Everything about this course - from the topics covered to the paedology, is spotless. It perfectly meets its objectives of giving a wonderful introduction to the world of finance, providing knowledge about the various financial instruments, and finally, how we can use finance creatively and view it not just from the money, but for the good of the society. My heartfelt gratitude to Professor Shiller, Yale University and Coursera for this amazing, intellectual and highly informative course.

By G M

Jul 25, 2020

Very well organized and conducted course giving a broad view about financial markets, various kinds of instruments and the behavioural aspects of investment in financial instruments and their choice. Prof. Shiller was excellent and so was the support from Mr. Gupta. The salon sessions were very good as the students there were posing questions occurring to me, thereby making me a virtual participant. The tests were also good. Reading material and a Unit on payment and settlement systems for financial markets could have made the course more fulfilling.

By Mikhail K

Jul 26, 2020

MANY thanks for all the work you have done creating this course! I've learned A LOT of exciting things not just about financial markets but everything that surrounds it and all of us! The only drawbacks are that some things were cut from the real lecture so it wasn't included in the course and it made it difficult to fully understand these things. However, resorting to the course forums and some Internet sources helped create a full picture. Some subtitles were also not 100% accurate but it didn't hamper the learning process. HUGE thanks once again!

By Vishal

Jun 7, 2020

Robert Shiller is a wonderful economist and Professor. Hope I get an opportunity to meet him in real and try to gain more knowledge from him on finance and markets. I really had a wonderful experience studying under him and am envious, that I couldn't get an opportunity to be in his class physically. I will forever be grateful to him for this course and the knowledge I have gained from him. I started off as an illiterate in finance and now can proudly say, i have learnt so many new concepts and the way how markets and finance works. Thank you sir.

By ginasklee@hotmail.com

At first start, Dr Shiller highlights clearly the purpose of this course is NOT on how to make us rich. And finance is a technology for Good or Evil. This reminds me the case of Ledman Brothers, who went bankruptcy after 161 year operation due to the continuing subprime mortgage crisis. It's super important for professionals (like CPA, lawyers, financial professionals, sustainability peers) to have upright moral standards in order to enhance the development of human beings in the right track without tragedy because of unlimited greed and desire.

By Sunil H

May 4, 2020

It was an honor and privilege learning under the able guidance of an accomplished luminary like Professor Shiller. He is an amazing sea of knowledge. The Financial Markets course is a well structured course divided into weekly modules and questions at the end of each module. Being a Finance Professional, I have learnt the various nuances about International Financial Markets which I am sure will help me in my career and life. My sincere thanks to Yale University and Coursera for bringing this prestigious course to the students online. Thank you

By Diana C R Q

Aug 5, 2020

Cordial Saludo.

Aprovecho esta oportunidad para dar las gracias a la Universidad de Yale por apoyar y compartir virtualmente los conocimientos del profesor Shiller, adicionalmente por facilitarlo traducido. Fue muy grato para mi poder conocer principios básicos del mercado financiero de Estados Unidos, a través de una metodología que me permitió llegar a descubrir similitudes en el sistema financiero del sistema Colombiano evidenciando que las fallas son historicamente compartidas . Gracias y muchos exitos 🙂

Att

Diana Carolina Roa Quiceno

By Souvik B

Aug 1, 2020

Exceptional! Thanks to Coursera for excellent design of the course along with the quizzes and a massive thanks to Prof Robert J. Shiller for detailed insights of this vast subject, starting from the basics, giving real life examples after each and every topic so that we can easily relate with the situation, immersive lectures, and making it pretty much interesting and well understandable for the beginners. It was a lovely experience to get acclimatized with the financial world and the capability of financial innovations and technology.

By Pedro L

Jun 17, 2020

Muy didáctico, tiene mucha información financiera que no dominaba, conocía. Igualmente me da una entrada para entender como operan algunas cosas en el mercado financiero internacional, ya queda seguir profundizando conocimientos en cuanto al trade que es el área que quiero abarcar. Doy gracias a la Universidad de Yale y a Coursera por la oportunidad pues amablemente accedieron a otorgarme la beca en este curso. Muchas gracias y espero me ayude a obtener posiciones en el mercado en esta área. Gracias y háganlo, doy fe que es excelente!!!

By Shardul S K

Jul 26, 2020

The course has been so invaluable to me and has opened my eyes and widened my vision to a whole new universe. I feel so much more of value than I was before I took up this course. Saying this course is every penny of its worth would be an astronomical understatement. Prof. Robert Shiller has formed an irreplaceable place in my heart and has imbued an aspiration for me to attend the Yale college someday down the line. This was truly a magnificent ride which I'm going to be forever grateful for to Prof. Shiller and of course Coursera.

By Vivek V K R

Jun 11, 2020

I strongly recommend this course to my fellow learners. From Prof. Robert Shiller’s lucid explanation of the concepts with his wit & engaging examples to the comprehensive curriculum of the course that can accommodate beginners as well as advanced learners to explain the role of finance in the world, the different instruments, how complex and powerful they really are and lastly how to be a prudent investor in general.

Thanks to Prof. Shiller, after completing this course, I am motivated to pursue a career in Portfolio Management.

By Yukiko S

Apr 29, 2020

The Financial Markets course was built in the way that anybody can understand the overview of the entire and the broader financial sector. I found it eye-opening and that many aspects of financial markets have a lot to do with the modern understanding of human psychology and behavioral science. It was interesting enough to devote many hours alone online. Never felt like the math torture. I would recommend it to anyone with interest. It will hopefully cast out the bias and gets you the new view points around anything finance.

By Yucen F

Course highly recommended. I really loved this course and I found the topics fascinating. It allowed me to look at finance from different perspectives and showed me the two facet of finance depending on how we use it. The Salons and QA interection parts make the course more active and intriguing. The essay also allowed me to discover a new insight of an extremely interesting topic. Professor Shiller tried to inspire us to think about what finance can contribute to society and help us understand our role in making it happen.

By Herman G

Nov 2, 2020

Impressive content and awesome delivery by a distinguished and awarded Professor with incredible speakers that inspires me to do better in finance application in uplifting the less privileged with the use of finance and IT by disrupting the incumbents in less developed economy like the Philippines.

As a veteran finance executive with global experience this refresher course is interesting more so with it's altruistic vision.

I would like to hear more from Robert Schiller on the strategies to move forward with his visions.

By Matthieu S

Apr 8, 2020

It was a great course that gave a very broad view of finance and its concrete implications in society. Pr Shiller is a very good lecturer and manages to make complex concepts understandable. Of course, this is not a course that will transform you into a finance wizard. But it gives you a taste for this field, and a starting point to exploit further on. I must add that Pr Shiller did a good job of adapting lectures to the digital, engaging in short talks with students and leading interviews with some finance figures.

By Ojasvini

Jun 7, 2020

It is one of the interesting courses offered by Yale University on Coursera. This course strengthened my basics of Finance and in particular, of financial markets. It is designed in the beautiful way. Everything from the videos to quizzes is amazing and informative. Prof. Shiller's perspective of finance is unique in itself (must to be known). Every concept is explained with practical real life examples. And the Salon discussions are quite engaging. Really liked this course, am looking forward to more such courses.

By Adriana P

Oct 7, 2020

When I started this course I didn't knew much about the finance world and its inner workings. What I liked most about the course was the large specter that it covered, it was a from A to Z for beginners and what it did for me is it had awakened the curiosity to learn more about the field. I also love the fact that the presentation of concepts was backed by actual examples. It helped me understand better and create connections with events and notions that I already possessed. Very helpful! Thank you for the course!

By Tarun r

Jul 5, 2020

Professor Shiller has a vast knowledge about his field he is an award-winning economist and gives us a deep knowledge about the course I would love to take more courses from professor Shiller as a suggestion to you can you please bring more videos of professor so that we can more deeply understand the financial markets as I am keen to learn more about the markets. Overall the course is so good I just loved professors' way of teaching. He is good and I think the best teacher in the world we love you, professor.

By Sadman H N

Apr 19, 2020

Yale University did an outstanding job. This course was presented in an organized way and it was easy to understand the topics thanks to our honorable Robert Shiller sir. Now I have a lot of knowledge about financial market and I think Yale Universities teaching standard is one of the best in the world. I would love to learn more from this university and my goal is to admit myself in masters in Yale University. This would change my life completely. Thanks Yale for giving me an opportunity to be a part of you.

By Umar F

Apr 4, 2020

This course starts slow but as you enter second week, you find yourself pulled towards the charismatic explanations and wonderful examples given by the legendary Robert Shiller. It covers everything that is mildly or heavily related to financial markets. I'd recommend watching the videos in 1.25x as Mr.Shiller can seem slow to some of the students watching the videos. A comprehensive and complete course which ends with a rather emotional touch by the Nobel prize winning course instructor. Loved it, five stars.

By Ankit S

Jan 1, 2018

This course of 'Financial Markets' by Prof. Robert Shiller was one of the best courses I've been studied so far. The curriculum and syllabus of the course was brilliantly designed and the quizzes gave a good overview of the chapter. Prof. Robert Shiller is very brilliant in his field, I personally thank him for teaching this course and I want to congratulate him for his successes in the financial markets. I think this course will help me to think in a wide variety of ways in the 'Financial world and systems'.

By Jorg v G

Jun 3, 2019

A very extensive course with a macro overview of many financial terms and regulations. I really liked the fact that the history of many financial acts, regulations etc was explained. In this way you can understand why certain financial instruments were created and mostly still used today.

Professor Shiller is all knowing and a great host to talk us through. Even though I am not a financial specialist I enjoyed the course a lot and it has given me great insights.

Thank you for all who made this course possible!

By Timothy E T

Apr 19, 2020

Laden with humor, passion and humility, Prof Shiller manages to distill the complex world of finance into something more meaningful, relatable and ultimately an enjoyable learning journey. There's also this certain degree of quality ranging from the lectures and content, the inclusion of a helpful fellow class rep, post-lecture discussions and even guest lectures that complements the modules included in this course. Special thanks to Yale and Coursera for making this accessible to the masses. Thank you!

By Emmanuel O

Sep 18, 2019

The best thing i ever done this year is taking this course,the lecturer was very analytical and superb,every inch of the course was educative,informative and enjoyable kudos to all the staff that made this possible.I learnt a lot of new techniques as a financial tools related to both financial markets and others globally.A very deep insight into financial world globally deepens and broaden my knowledge about the nitty-gritty of FINANCE.Prof.Robert shiller you are the best include the rest of the staff.