Back to Financial Markets

Aug 19, 2020

176 - 200 of 4,393 Reviews for Financial Markets

By Tarun r

Jul 5, 2020

Professor Shiller has a vast knowledge about his field he is an award-winning economist and gives us a deep knowledge about the course I would love to take more courses from professor Shiller as a suggestion to you can you please bring more videos of professor so that we can more deeply understand the financial markets as I am keen to learn more about the markets. Overall the course is so good I just loved professors' way of teaching. He is good and I think the best teacher in the world we love you, professor.

By Umar F

Apr 4, 2020

This course starts slow but as you enter second week, you find yourself pulled towards the charismatic explanations and wonderful examples given by the legendary Robert Shiller. It covers everything that is mildly or heavily related to financial markets. I'd recommend watching the videos in 1.25x as Mr.Shiller can seem slow to some of the students watching the videos. A comprehensive and complete course which ends with a rather emotional touch by the Nobel prize winning course instructor. Loved it, five stars.

By Ankit S

Jan 1, 2018

This course of 'Financial Markets' by Prof. Robert Shiller was one of the best courses I've been studied so far. The curriculum and syllabus of the course was brilliantly designed and the quizzes gave a good overview of the chapter. Prof. Robert Shiller is very brilliant in his field, I personally thank him for teaching this course and I want to congratulate him for his successes in the financial markets. I think this course will help me to think in a wide variety of ways in the 'Financial world and systems'.

By Jorg v G

Jun 3, 2019

A very extensive course with a macro overview of many financial terms and regulations. I really liked the fact that the history of many financial acts, regulations etc was explained. In this way you can understand why certain financial instruments were created and mostly still used today.

Professor Shiller is all knowing and a great host to talk us through. Even though I am not a financial specialist I enjoyed the course a lot and it has given me great insights.

Thank you for all who made this course possible!

By Gabriel E

Mar 15, 2021

I enjoyed this course I feel that I learned a lot. In particular, I appreciated Shillers willingness to question the dominant economic belief that humans are rational and the markets are guided by some ineffable and omnipotent invisible hand. That logic has gotten us into a world of trouble.

Also found navigating the course a bit difficult when compared to other courses on Coursera. After finishing the last lecture I had a hard time getting back to the peer graded assignment to complete my peer reviews.

By Timothy E T

Apr 19, 2020

Laden with humor, passion and humility, Prof Shiller manages to distill the complex world of finance into something more meaningful, relatable and ultimately an enjoyable learning journey. There's also this certain degree of quality ranging from the lectures and content, the inclusion of a helpful fellow class rep, post-lecture discussions and even guest lectures that complements the modules included in this course. Special thanks to Yale and Coursera for making this accessible to the masses. Thank you!

By Emmanuel O

Sep 18, 2019

The best thing i ever done this year is taking this course,the lecturer was very analytical and superb,every inch of the course was educative,informative and enjoyable kudos to all the staff that made this possible.I learnt a lot of new techniques as a financial tools related to both financial markets and others globally.A very deep insight into financial world globally deepens and broaden my knowledge about the nitty-gritty of FINANCE.Prof.Robert shiller you are the best include the rest of the staff.

By Haocheng X

Jul 7, 2020

generally, it is a great course for beginners to get to learn about the finance field as well as some other economic aspects; however, at the same time, Prof. Shiller presents some very unique opinions and perspectives on some things that may look regular to others, so it is an awesome opportunity as well to refresh these topics and gain some interesting ideas and thinking on them from a world-known economists Robert Shiller. Plus, it is a free course. I would say it's worth taking it. It's fantastic.

By Sophie C

Jan 25, 2021

I thoroughly enjoyed taking part in this course. Professor Shiller has a particularly engaging teaching style which made learning the content all the more interesting. I now feel much more confident in my understanding of key financial concepts and the role of markets in the world around us. I also felt the assessments were really useful in marking my progress in each module and that the peer-assessment in Week 4 also tested my ability to discuss the benefits of financial markets in the real world.

By Krista T

May 30, 2018

Excellent, comprehensive and fairly challenging course on financial markets, mainly due to the breadth of topics covered. Professor Shiller is an engaging lecturer and has a refreshingly balanced view of finance - he does not just preach efficient markets but talks about democratizing finance and innovating for good. The Chalk Talk sessions are helpful in understanding some of the (more mathematical) theory. To get the most out of the course I would recommend an introductory textbook to accompany.

By Zeeshaan A

This course gave me an opportunity to Explore & Exposed to the global financial industry, world & economy, financial markets, finance as core & building the niche, financial innovations, behavioral finance, finance as a technology invention/innovation, finance as skills/career & it is everything about finance. It is holistic about finance as a domain. Thanks to the team of Coursera & Yale University in enhancing my Knowledge by educating & building the necessary skills in finance as a whole.

By Abhishek B

Jul 24, 2020

One of the best courses that you could possibly do to understand the basics of the financial world. It will not only help in broadening your understanding of concepts, but will also incorporate them in a holistic view of the economy and the world. With the help of Professor Robert Shiller guiding you along this journey, you will both have fun and enjoy learning about finance. You will come out of this course a more knowledgeable person and will look at the world from a different perspective.

By Fred M

Oct 27, 2017

With the plethora of introductory Finance courses out there, the 'who' factor becomes key. I randomly came across his Youtube lessons on Behavioral Finance while in med school and i was hooked.

The lessons have enough content to be informative without being intimidating. The interactive sessions show a deep understanding intertwined with humility while answering students. The Honors quiz segment is a great addition for those who want to delve deeper into the subject. I highly recommend it!

By Marc-Antoine L

Sep 9, 2021

T​hanks a lot Professor Shiller. I have learned a lot with your course and I particulary appreciate the way you explain and illustrate complex and fundamental concepts on an easy way. You have this ability to go to the essence of the material and point with real illustrations the key concepts.

I​ highly recommand this training for all people new to the financial Markets wanting to have a 360 degre view of this domain and who are not yet expert on it.

A​mazing training! Thank you so much.

By Daniella V S

Apr 25, 2020

I enjoyed this course so much!

Started off signing for it due to the Lockdown ( COVID-19 ) in the Country (UAE) and decided to take this course firstly because i work in the Financial Markets as a broker and second because i wanted to expand my knowledge.

It is briliant !

Proffesor Robert Shiller is someone who we can listen forever and always have something to take from. He is making the course really easy to understand and you are guaranteed to enjoy every minute of it.

Thank you !

By Camilo G

Oct 4, 2020

Aunque hubo momentos en los cuales el contenido se tornaba algo denso, veo que todo está muy bien relacionado y cohesionado y que valió la pena la dedicación.

El curso da una visión de cómo funcionan los mercados financieros en general, qué se puede transar y cómo se transan activos financieros y commodities, qué los afecta, cómo y quiénes se benefician de las afectaciones.

Me permitió entender la lógica de la banca/bancarización y su continuo interés en el flujo y manejo del dinero.

By ALEXANDRE J D S

Nov 13, 2019

Excellent course for business financial planning and capital markets. I could see some flaws in dealing with money in stock purchases and especially in financial investments. I hope that with this more detailed planning you can achieve my goals of applying and investing in products that will benefit you in the future, when you need it most and especially in your professional life. Congratulations to all Coursera staff and especially to Yale University. Thanks for the opportunity.

By Troy T

Jun 4, 2020

My first Coursera course and I loved it. Thank you Professor Shiller and the Yale course team. Engaging lectures, group discussions and chalk talks. I didn't want the course to end. My background is in social sciences and law but I work in the securities industry so this course is applicable to my career. Coursera is a treasure and opportunity for anyone looking to continue their education. If this course is any indication of what the others courses are like, I am hooked.

By Aakash P

Dec 21, 2020

I'd rate this as the 101 on financial markets - this offers a really well put together look at various institutions, practices and aspects of financial markets, in theory and practices. I'd taken this course from the perspective of a law student interested in finance, but this is essential for almost everyone in the corporate world, as so many institutions have an intersection with finance and having a good understanding would probably benefit one's professional competencies.

By Abhinav C

Oct 2, 2020

Pros - Professor is charming, engaging and highly experienced. Lots of invaluable nuggets of insights were shared.

Cons - Individual videos are incoherent since they are snippets from his lectures. That is why it seems a little incomplete too.

Verdict - See it if you have little prior knowledge or are ready to put in a bit of separate effort to understand certain things that go unexplained. And if you are looking for "seeing the big picture of the market", definitely go for it.

By Avi

Jul 18, 2020

Hi!

If you are new to Finance or need a refresher, then this is the course for you.

What I enjoyed most was the engaging style of delivery by Professor Shiller- especially his passion for 'History of Thought' which was evident in the lectures. This factor alone made what could have been a dry subject for some, come to life.

I firmly believe that investing in this is a course worthwhile. It certainly gave me new insights into a subject matter I had explored before.

Happy learning!

By Marcel R

Apr 12, 2021

Overall a very educational course. As a younger student, I felt like occasionally I would lose focus due to the mundane style of teaching, but the information was given with little political bias. Some information also transferred to other courses I am currently taking such as AP Macroeconomics. I would recommend to an adult audience, as most 15 year olds don't have the attention span to watch these videos for some hours on end. Overall, the course has a good word from me!

By Priyansh R M

Mar 12, 2021

I was a magical experience to witness the legacy of Prof. Robert Shiller through this wonderful Financial Markets Course. I helped me learn about in general, and finance from a different point on view, which is, that it's not just about being financially sophisticated but more about HOW THINGS WORK? It gives an overview of the ideas, methods and role of institutions in the human society and how they are critical for any success of the society and for the betterment of it.

By Rahul S

Jun 9, 2020

This course serves as the correct introduction to the financial markets. It tells you the history and psychology behind some of the game-changing financial instruments we take for granted. Also, it convinces you that one has to not to fear the financial markets but instead leverage it to create meaningful wealth. The last module which emphasized the social/moral responsibilities with respect to financial innovation was an apt end. Robert Shiller is an excellent professor.