Back to Financial Markets

Aug 20, 2020

176 - 200 of 3,180 Reviews for Financial Markets

By Boyan D

Jun 23, 2020

THE COURSE WAS GREAT, THE PROFESSOR WAS AMAZING AND VERY THOUGHTFUL ON HOW TO PRESENT THE INFORMATION. IT'S EVERYTHING I THOUGHT THE CLASS WOULD BE AND IT WAS FAIR TO ITS EXPLANATION ON WHAT WAS TO BE COVERED. ALONG WITH THE BOOKS, IT COVERED EVERYTHING I NEEDED AND A LOT MORE; IN A VERY PRACTICAL USEFUL WAY RATHER THAN THEORY. THANK YOU PROFESSOR FOR SHARING. I WILL CHECK BACK IN WHEN I START RUNNING MY FIRST HEDGE FUND. CHEERS.

By Binyameen K V

Aug 07, 2020

This is the best financial markets course that you will ever come across. The way the professor explains each and every single topic backed with innumerous examples is simply enthralling. The amount of experience that he brings to the class is unmatched. It's a huge privilege attending his class. Even if you don't have any idea about finance, this course will leave you amazed.

Highly Recommended to every single learner out there.

By Francisco F

Un curso interesante y muy educativo, te ayuda a entender de una manera simple las estructuras y complejidades de los mercados financieros, todo esto de la mano de un gran economista, como lo es, el profesor shiller. / An interesting and highly educational course helps you to understand in a simple way the structures and complexities of financial markets, all this from the hand of a great economist, such as Professor Shiller.

By Daisuke S

Jul 12, 2020

The course content was excellent, as one might expect from professor Shiller. However, sometimes the questions in the quizzes could be improved to fit a more general class of people. For example, asking where the first benefit corporation was first established is not relevant to me because I do not reside and do not plan any time in the future, to reside in the US, although hearing about it in the lecture was interesting.

By Andrii V

Jul 18, 2020

In this course, I really liked the way it was structured and delivered - in a clear and understandable way. Also, it was very nice to listen to the Professor. The assignments were very well structured and very simple to understand. Every topic which was incorporated in this course was thoroughly discussed. I am pretty sure that I can recommend this course to all my friends who are interested in the financial industry.

By Willy L C

Excelente curso, su diseño y plataforma interactiva fueron maravillosas. El profesor Shiller, gran formador, se denota su pasión por la formación del capital humano y un vasto dominio de los recursos financieros y de la economía en su conjunto. Muchas gracias, por la oportunidad de participar y expandir mis conocimientos, los cuales aplicaré en el desarrollo de mi área en el manejo y gestión de los bosques tropicales.

By Ali K

Oct 04, 2020

It was an exceptional course. It was amazing privilege to be in Robert J Shiller course, whom won Noble Prize in Economic Science. I learnt a lot about financial market history, concept behind financial tools, derivatives and inflation and so many informative topics which gave me good sight about Financial Market.

Special Thanks to Yale University for providing this course for free for all students around the world.

By Dickens L

Apr 03, 2018

I really enjoyed this Financial Market course. I would recommend anyone who is interested in advancing his or her career in the financial services industry, and/or those who would like to gain financial knowledge to be able to make better personal finance decisions, to take this course. Professor Shiller is truly an inspirational person and his course would make you look at the world in a completely different way.

By Matthijs J

Nov 21, 2017

A very good course for people who are new to financial markets and like to know more about it. A great course which shows you the landscape of the modern markets and how they came to the point we are now. At the end I had a good general overview of the working of different markets and what the general principals are. Robert Shiller is a very good teacher and really makes you enthusiastic about the financial world.

By Philippe V

Nov 03, 2017

Very good introductory course to financial markets. Provides a great understanding of the financial framework that is central in a capitalist society. I appreciated the clear explanations of professor Schiller, as well as the historical context regarding the various financial tools that are available nowadays (insurance, stocks, options ,etc.). This is a great course to get a good understanding of modern finance.

By Ramiro B

Jun 16, 2019

This course I just took for pleasure and in order to have a better understanding of the financial markets. My only regret is that I did not take this earlier, I gained some familiarity with the mainstream aspects that make our society work: insurance, mortgage, banks, securities, etc. The professor was excellent I thought. One of the best classes I've taken in terms of enjoyment and value. Thank you again!

By Wyeth H

Oct 05, 2017

Great lectures from a professor that makes information relevant. The very thorough explanations and lecture accompanying salon's made this course even better. Also, the quizzes were not very difficult, they felt like they were just reinforcing what you learned, not challenging you to think more in depth. I did not mind that, it felt much more helpful than the quizzes and tests I take in school right now.

By Utkarsh S

Jun 12, 2020

This course is a great course for anyone who is new to finance and wants to get a basic understanding of it. Professor Shiller deals with a lot of topics in such a short course and thus leaves us wanting for more. A possible way to guide your way through this course could be attending the lectures and then surfing the internet about the topics discussed. It will definitely enhance the learning process.

By Adriana J G G

Jul 23, 2020

It's a great course, includes broad aspects of finance that you will find interesting and useful. From the professional perspective, I could enhance my knowledge in finance, but most of all, understand why and how the different financial instruments really work, what are their upsides and downsides, how to use them smartly and make them useful, not only for self purposes, but for the good of society.

By Priyal S

May 02, 2020

An excellent introductory course. I especially love how Dr. Shiller relates every concept to real-life scenarios. This makes it more encouraging as the concepts then become easier to grasp and the class is based on a more practical approach rather than theoretical one. I would recommend this for anyone who has the slightest interest in Finance/ Economics. This course would enable you to explore more.

By Teodorus R A

Sep 22, 2020

This course is very good for us to know a lot about finance, behavioral finance, and managing risk. There is a lot of knowledge that can be used and implemented in our daily lives. Lessons that are easy to understand even though they do not come from a finance background because the explanation is simple, comprehensive and based on reality in life. Very Excellent Course about finance that I ever had.

By Akshai R K

This course should be taken by anyone who is interested in gathering the basic knowledge of finance and the way it works in our society. I feel really lucky to have had completed this course and it goes without saying that the course content and Professor Shiller's way of teaching stood way beyond my expectations. I absolutely loved this course and will surely miss being in Professor Shiler's class.

By Hana P

Aug 25, 2019

Whether you're already in the world of finance or currently looking for places to enter the finance sector, this course would do it for you. The course is excellent, but just an introduction to the topic, so anybody who wants a very deep, graduate level study might be disappointed. Prof. Schiller is an excellent lecturer. The course gives a personal, close feeling of the himself, of Yale University.

By John M

Feb 18, 2018

This was an excellent update to Dr. Shiller's first Financial Markets course. The lectures as always were excellent. I liked the addition of the salons, chalk talks, and the balloons that appeared from time to time to explain a concept in a lecture. The only small problem was that I was unable to see the pointer's laser in the lecture. I hope Dr. Shiller does more courses - behavioral economics?

By Svetlana Y

Aug 03, 2020

Hello, this course is very useful for me as a student with a degree in Business Administration. The material is presented in an accessible and interesting way!

I would like to extend the training period for this course for a few more days, as I am busy at work and did not have time to finish all the assignments. Certification is very important for me and for my training in the profession. Thank you!

By Vitor Y C P

Sep 06, 2020

Curso incrível! Vale muito a pena para quem quer ter um aprendizado sobre como o mercado financeiro se iniciou e quais suas verticais mais importantes (e qual o motivo de existirem). Um ponto importante: Se você quer aprender a operar no mercado financeiro ou então ficar rico com o mercado, esse curso não é para você. Esse curso é para quem é apaixonado por este ramo e quer aprender as bases dele.

By Chio W P

Aug 18, 2018

This is a general course letting you understand the Financial Market. Professor Shiller is a very passionate finance & economic people, he emphasis a lot times that Finance is not about making money. I enroll this course because of this. There's a lot technical terms being discussed but you need to further research if you want to deepen the knowledge. Anyway, it's a great course and I like it.

By Ankit S

Apr 27, 2020

It was everything I can ask for. Living in India, I always wanted credible information to understand how the financial system works in countries like the USA and the history of things that are so common around us.

Most important and a huge shoutout goes to the ever humble and charming professor who made it a point to keep the course simple yet informative and relevant.

Thank you to everyone.

By Akash K

Jul 01, 2019

It was a really a great opportunity to be a part of this course, which ultimately enhanced my skills towards finance and its related concepts.

As mentioned before at this very moment i wish to send my love and support to Prof. Shiller for his contribution to the entire course session, Yale Management, and the entire Coursera team for there support and guidance

Regards: AKASH KURIEN

By Mangesh S R

May 06, 2020

The good thing about the course is it takes you through several topics and historical facts which one might not find on the internet easily. The Course is quite good but they have not mentioned the reading material as pre-requisite beforehand which they should include since some topics require previous knowledge. It was me who saw the available resources later after completing the course.