Back to Finding Purpose and Meaning In Life: Living for What Matters Most

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Finding Purpose and Meaning In Life: Living for What Matters Most by University of Michigan

Welcome to Finding Purpose and Meaning in Life: Living for What Matters Most! In this course, you’ll learn how science, philosophy and practice all play a role in both finding your purpose and living a purposeful life. You will hear from historical figures and individuals about their journeys to finding and living a purposeful life, and will walk through different exercises to help you find out what matters most to you so you can live a purposeful life. As an added benefit, you will also have complimentary access, for a period of time, to the Purposeful App. This groundbreaking mobile and desktop app is designed to help you build a purposeful rhythm into each day, so you can bring your best self to what matters most. Look for more information in Week 1 of the course! By the end of this course, you will: 1. Understand that having a strong purpose in life is an essential element of human well-being. 2. Know how self-transcending purpose positively affects well-being. 3. Be able to create a purpose for your life (don't be intimidated, this is different from creating "the purpose" for your life). 4. Apply personal approaches and skills to self-change and become and stay connected to your purpose every day. We are thrilled that you are here! We look forward to hearing and learning from you throughout this course!...

Jun 6, 2020

Short and precise course to get some perspective on finding focus on things that really matter. Vic is an excellent professor who just connects so well with the students even from the computer screen.

IG
Jun 23, 2021

I abolutely loved this. It has helped me tremendously in my understanding of self and setting a personal transcending purpose. And Vic, thank you for sharing your story. It made me tear up at the end.

476 - 500 of 538 Reviews for Finding Purpose and Meaning In Life: Living for What Matters Most

By Mahid M S

Apr 21, 2020

thanks

By Osama s h a

Dec 18, 2020

Good

By 006 C K

Sep 30, 2020

Nice

By Prathipati P

Sep 28, 2020

Best

By Mary C G

Jul 24, 2020

good

By Mohamed G E

Jul 6, 2020

good

By Sunil V

Jun 2, 2020

By Mallika M

Jun 21, 2020

By Piyangoon L

Feb 27, 2021

Just like quick reading a tiny must-read book. Easy, light yet essential. Bring up really good questions but might not lead to get you the answers right away after course.

The content is good for people who hasn’t been studied on this area before but very very light for sophisticated readers. Still I find this helpful in the exercises that help promote recapitulation and review of your previous/in progress purposes in life (though I’m still not get a clear answer for myself). The instructor is great. Pretty sure he has been experiencing ups and downs of life and he really knows what purposes are to life. I believe he is very insightful but the presentation comes out just only on the surface or only the light stuffs.

By Brandi L

Jul 13, 2021

Very nice course. It gave me a lot of good information and activities helped me find what I was looking for.

For some reason this still says In Progress even though I completed it. Maybe it's because I didn't pay for it, and therefore can not take the actual quiz's without upgrading to the credited paid for course. I cannot mark this course as Complete. My only options are unenroll or "continue". How unsatisfying it is to complete an entire course and not be able to mark it off your to do list. I will not unenroll (at least not for a couple months...)Hopefully Coursera will fix this issue. I took off one star for this issue.

By Deepak S R

Nov 9, 2021

I​ wish, I should have taken this course at the time of joining college.

T​his course has such a potential way to reframe your purpose and adds meaning to your life. It has included with good structured syllabus, informative thoughts, well-researched studies and a nice instructor which all makes this course is a worthy note to consider. I strongly recommend this one to those who want to work on their intention to discover themselves with the respect to being a purposeful person along with human goodness.

4​ stars! 'Cause, this course could have been little more, like extra one to two hours of content length.

By aby t

Oct 28, 2020

I AM THANKFUL TO THE UNIVERSITY OF MICHIGAN FOR GIVING A CHANCE TO LEARN AND SHARPEN MY UNDERSTANDING ABOUT PURPOSE AND MEANING. AS A MINISTER AND EDUCATOR I HAVE BEEN IMPARTING MORAL, SPIRITUAL, ETHICAL VALUES TO THE COMMUNITIES AROUND. WITHOUT DOUBT, ONE CAN SAY THAT, COURSERA COURSE IS A BLESSING TO THE COMMUNITY OF KNOWLEDGE SEEKERS .THANKS VERY MUCH.

REV .ABRAHAM M THOMAS

By Kelsey B

Nov 30, 2020

The ultimate goals of this course align closely with the skills I learned, and hope to use those skills for the rest of my life. The parts of the course that were about how to establish a purpose and relate it to different aspects of one's life were the best/most useful. The lectures on why purpose is important and all the benefits could have been shortened dramatically, and tended to be repetitive.

By Aryn J

Sep 18, 2021

Very much enjoyed learning about how purpose in life could improve life overall. Only criticism would be that there weren't enough activities or wasn't enough direction on how to actually implement a purpose or how to work towards finding or achieving one.

By Ramnath S K

Jan 11, 2021

Absolutely wonderful course which is in keeping with the stressful times and also for long term peaceful living beyond now. The lectures were insightful and the suggested practices easy and effective to do. I enjoyed the full course.

By Tainá R M

Aug 6, 2020

Great perspective about purpose. It is the most complete course i've seen about it. It doesn't only tells you the questions to identify your purpose, but shows the history behind the meaning of purpose.

By J. T

Dec 19, 2020

Thoughtfully presented and with good continuity -- except for the very end discussions which apparently had different themes and contexts that weren't explained, so they were exact duplicates.

By Vy H

Oct 26, 2020

To be honest, I didn't expect much from this course. But the framework that the lecturer presented: "Be goals", "Do goals" and "Action goals" is very sensible. I will apply it to my own life.

By Liza C V

Oct 20, 2020

Thank you Coursera. Thank you for the professor. Thank you University of Michigan! This is indeed a great course. We can achieve better things in life if we live with a purpose!