Back to Stanford Introduction to Food and Health

NK
Feb 24, 2019

It was very informative course. It could have more quizzes and assignments. The way things were explained in the course was quiet interesting. Keep it up!! course. I really like this way of education.

TL
Sep 30, 2016

Extremely interesting course. I feel the material and videos were very easy to absorb and understand. I certainly would recommend this to anyone with an interest in food and how it affects our health.

4226 - 4250 of 5,253 Reviews for Stanford Introduction to Food and Health

By Lakshmi V

Oct 11, 2017

This course is presented in a neat and friendly manner. The simple language in explanation and illustration makes it enjoyable to delve into the course. I personally liked the way suggestions were presented in taking care of one's own and family health, rather than making it technical. I am glad I to have taken up and completed the course. Wishing many more delightful courses from Maya Adam.

By Hugo

Interesting course which remember me fundamentals of nutrition and best practices to cook healthy.

I regret that course dont go more far on nutrition skills or vegetarian recipes for example but it's a good course to introduce nutrition for a person who wants to change his bad consummation habits and increase his health and his nutrition skills.

Hugo (sorry for my bad english, i'm french)

By Deborah

Sep 6, 2016

This was an easy course and I found the information very helpful in making you aware of processed food. I think it could have been a bit richer by exploring some other areas of health and food. I felt like the main focus was on processed food. The good thing though I learnt so much about processed food and I'm making every effort to cut it and eventually eliminat it from my diet.

By Yixuan J

Jun 19, 2017

For an introduction course this is very clear and easy to understand. Some of the action plans, such as sensible substitution are very practical to adopt. I would wish this course to be more comprehensive, for example, not just focused on battling most common health issues in the US, but also health benefits of different vitamins or nutrition planning for different demographies.

By Yumiko Y

Feb 9, 2019

This course was easy to understand, gave me chance to recheck my eating habit. As a Japanese I thought I know a lot about nutrition, food and health issue, since my mother often taught me with these issues including how to cook. However to learn from a professional from the start made me more clear and gave me the confidence what I learn from my mother was overall correct.

By Kim L

Jun 12, 2020

A good basic overview of nutritional concepts and some of the science behind transfats and different dietary conditions. Quite basic at times so can be completed fairly quickly and easily but it's short so nevertheless it's a great way to reaffirm existing knowledge, gain perspective on the food industry in modern society and fill in the gaps of your nutritional knowledge.

By Jessica J

Nov 15, 2017

Very interesting introduction to health, understanding food labels, and how to make better choices. Everything was explained clearly and the structure was well prepared. I would have loved for it to further in depth into how the body is affected by different foods. I was also surprised and disappointed to see white sugar being suggested to use, especially in the recipes.

By Jamie V

Apr 7, 2020

This is a great course! Although it was mostly a review of things that I already knew, I highly enjoyed learning about the properties of macronutrients and how they are digested in the body. I also appreciated learning about processed food versus real food and the recipe videos. I would love to see more content about other nutrients and specific foods in the future!

By Nick I

Apr 18, 2020

This course felt very basic, which I liked. I didn't really have any knowledge as far as nutrition goes so it was nice to have everything broken down to the most basic levels. I wish they would've jumped into a little bit more depth or maybe added 2 or 3 more modules. It's nice to know more, but it would've been better if I felt like I got even more out of it.

By Zainab K

Oct 23, 2016

It was a very helpful course, giving an insight about our routine when it comes to food and health. It gives an understanding of how to take care of ourselves in the best way possible, and how easily we are fooled by media and the society to ruin our health in the long run. It is more essential than we think, to maintain a proper diet, so thank you for this.

By Alice S M W

This is a very basic course but the ideas are put across very well and I feel I am able to explain my food decisions in clearer terms when talking to my husband. I even told my doctor recently that I prefer to eat in moderation than choosing low fat or low/sugar free products because they have replaced what they removed with even more unhealthy substitutes.

By Srinu L

Mar 19, 2019

It was comprehensive and targeted the key points regarding food and health. I do wish there was more discussion with policy regarding food in the US and how it can sometimes be difficult for some to find healthy and fresh food. Also, the topic of preparing food and cooking was discussed but more tips for managing time and effort would have been nice.

By Heather D

May 16, 2018

An excellent course, mostly for those new to the idea of eating healthily. I absolutely loved the first week which explained how food worked inside the body. I also was glad there was a list of books to read, documentaries to watch, and websites to use for continued science-based nutrition information. Thank you very much for providing this course!

Jun 7, 2016

Very interesting and enjoyable, I think the mix between information about food and recipes for healthy food is a good one. I do think that for example adding recipes to lectures about certain types of food would make it an even better combination. For people living outside the US, the information about healthy diets might seem a bit US centered.

By arpit m

This course is great to learn the basics of nutrition but it is majorly based on western diet and culture. That's why I feel it is more constraint to a certain audience in some cases. Nevertheless, I enjoyed and learned basic day to day health and food habits, which I will try to implement in my lifestyle.

Thanks and Kuddos for making us aware.

By PRATEEK K D

Aug 25, 2019

explanation is excellent. i got to know much new things.

if you give some practical examples. and region wise available food and their dieting plan then it will be great. like i am from INDIA. here food are not same as like USA or other countries.

make a brief nutrition planning for different types of disease and daily exercise planning.

By Vivian W

Jul 12, 2019

It is a simple course with basic knowledge, principles and recipes that everyone can apply to improve their daily meal and health. As I've read a couple of nutrition books, I found the content is not intensively structured enough for me. But I would definitely recommend it to my friends who care about their health or eat not very healthy.

By Atul K

Jul 28, 2020

Excellent teaching in basics. Instead of the emphasis on recipes towards the end, I would have preferred learning more about what to eat when, what can be a healthy mix for what time of the day, diet for the more active, for the people with different objectives of weight and fitness etc. Maybe you could have an advance course for this.

By Sharoon S

Oct 14, 2017

This was an interesting course. It was visually appealing, timed just right and mostly informative. I would have liked for this to be a bit more scientifically informative. There was a lot of feel good episodes which I personally felt didn't add to my take away. I do appreciate the course instructors positive demeanor and presentation.

By Sheryl W

Sep 16, 2017

It was an informative course and enjoyable. I would suggest that in the last two lessons recipes be added for vegans and those with dairy intolerance. It was good to see gluten free recipes but they need adapting for egg intolerance. I would recommend this course as it is informative and tries to put things forward in a helpful manner.

By Nancy I

Sep 10, 2018

I loved this course, i had so many new discoveries, so many different methods to prepare a healthy meal and to maintain a healthy lifestyle.

But i have a request, i need to put on a little weight coz i am underweight, if i could get recipe's for that i will be most grateful. Thanks again, you guys are doing a wonderful job over there!

By Akshay

Jan 22, 2020

Really nice course to begin for beginners. Gives basic understanding of food and changes the way you would look at food the next time after taking the course. Should go for this course even if its not related to your career tracks. Decent explanation and really emphasis on the difficulties we face in day to day life regarding food.

By Mansi K

Jan 29, 2016

I star reduced because it was somehow lacking in assignments and practical applicable steps to start eating healthy. A great base of information to build on and offer more in depth of what foods to eat and not to eat. Would also love more information on label reading and organic vs Other food. Extra Virgin vs Virgin Olive oil etc.

By Maggie W

May 5, 2017

I loved that a lot of the content was easy to understand and convenient to follow. The materials is definetely helpful for anyone who has interests in eating healthy or even losing weights. I was just a little surprised that the last week of this class turned into a series of cooking videos. Overall, this was an amazing course!

By Lauren B

Apr 12, 2016

If you are looking for advice on how to live a healthier life I believe this might be a great course for you. However, if you are looking for depth in the nutritional science this course will be unfulfilling. I stopped after the 3rd week of lessons because this course did not contain the scientific information I was hoping for.