Back to Stanford Introduction to Food and Health

SD
Aug 6, 2020

I really enjoyed doing the course, Very elaborate and informative course. Things are simplified so much that anybody can understand the basics of nutrition which helps in making the wise food choices.

GG
Jan 22, 2021

Love how Maya presented the course and I especially love the cooking sessions featuring her cute kids. I am looking forward to reading her book or if she has any YT account featuring more home cooking

5576 - 5600 of 5,823 Reviews for Stanford Introduction to Food and Health

By Aanchal

Jun 7, 2020

good for beginners. however, not very informative. Mostly some general things we already know are reminded to us.

By Anelia D

Jan 18, 2020

The course provides sensible basic information but is exactly that - very basic. I did not learn anything new.

By Mark K

Jun 22, 2016

This course should be longer and more in depth. However, I did find the readings quite useful and intriguing.

By Nikola I

Mar 24, 2019

It's too basic. Should contain more reading material and course content for something labeled with Stanford.

By BECHIKH N

Mar 9, 2021

Good course for general knowledge about food, nutrition, shopping, reading food labels and cooking at home.

By Miroslav P

Apr 15, 2020

Didn't provide any new information. It is comparable to informational documentary. But is nicely produced

By Daria K

Oct 1, 2019

It's strange to see non-healthy recipes after recommendation of mostly plant-based diet in the course.

By Maria I

Jan 26, 2016

Great class, but a little shorter than I would like and similar to Dr. Adams other Coursera offering.

By ravi r

Jun 13, 2020

It was an overview to understand food habits. I think the cookery part can be avoided in the course.

By ABHINAV H

Mar 11, 2019

I did not received the certificate after completing this course so please provide me the certificate

By Juan P

Jan 26, 2019

The concepts are clearly explained, but I found it too simplistic even for an introductory course

By Lynn J

Jan 23, 2018

This was a very basic course. I did enjoy the way the content was presented with casual convers

By michela c

Nov 27, 2019

I was expecting a deeper lecture about, but was good to initiate the studies about nutrients.

By Vita V

Jul 12, 2017

Для тех кто хоть иногда готовит и немного интересуется тем что он ест, курс полезен не будет.

By Alexandra L

Feb 19, 2016

Beautifully executed and fun to hear Michael Pollen speak, but sooooo easy. Too easy, really.

By Adriana N D

Aug 28, 2020

Useful info but very basic, this course is not for people who are already reasonably healthy

By Georgia V

May 7, 2019

it could be more extensive and not so rushed. the recipes at the end were a nice surprise :)

By Asal o

Apr 22, 2021

Very useful information, though the class was a bit slow and not as detailed as I expected.

By kathleen q

Nov 16, 2020

Very basic - seems as though this info is well known. Not much new or original material.

By Eduardo F P

Mar 6, 2018

Es un curso bastante básico pero útil para personas que se inician en temas nutricionales

By Anastasia

Aug 10, 2017

I would say, the course is far too introductory. The recipes are really good! Thank you!

By Paolo A

Jan 22, 2016

Way too basic. Only useful to people living in the US having extremely unbalanced diets.

By pallavi s

Apr 25, 2020

More detailed content should have been covered. Many important topics were not covered.

By Soumya A

Oct 6, 2019

The course should have touched upon micro nutrients too, it feels incomplete as of now.

By ZiLin C

Jan 29, 2021

I liked the interviews with Mr. Pollan. However, I did not learn much from the course.