Back to Stanford Introduction to Food and Health

NP
Aug 22, 2021

Very informative! Thanks for having this course free so that more people who are starting to learn about eating properply (like me) will be able to get access to authentic and legit lessons on food ;)

CN
May 13, 2021

Really good as an introductory guide to general human nutrition. Gives great insights on cooking, planning meals and health diet habits. It's a rather short course with actually impactful information.

6526 - 6550 of 6,647 Reviews for Stanford Introduction to Food and Health

By Andy C

May 4, 2020

While this is a helpful class to those learning the basics of how food affects your health, it does little to expand on the science behind these things. It seemed more like an infomercial for healthy eating than a class to understand how food affects your health.

By A

Sep 5, 2018

Aside from the recipes presented in Week 5, the course is very general and in my opinion does not teach valuable information about nutrition.

The advices that were given concerning choices in nutrition are very basic and in my opinion they are common knowledge.

By Susana C M

May 9, 2017

Weak courses, information very obvious. You don´t even need to watch the videos to pass the assignments. Maybe American lifestyle is not so healthy, but I thought it was a waste of time and money. It is indeed just an introduction. I wouldn't recommend it

Jan 29, 2018

In my opinion this course not help me as a doctor to know about diet,calories,regems,the calories of each ingredient i find this information is simple and every one can recognize it i want more medical information that help me to work in nourishment

By Walter S

Jan 22, 2016

They talked a little about LDL and HDL which is good.

But the rest was just a summary of avoid processed foods, eat less and eat less meat and ways to do it. It is important, but I thought the course lacked science and it was very very short.

By Lisa v V

Feb 21, 2017

Useful information about nutrition, I would've loved to learn more about that. The part about home-cooking and how to reduce the health risks when cutting an onion where too superficial and unnecessary for me.

By Nadine E

Aug 7, 2016

This is a very basic course on food and nutrition. I would consider the majority of the content to be common sense. I would not recommend it if you already have an interest or general knowledge of nu

By Mark

Feb 11, 2019

Pleasant and informative but VERY simplistic which was surprising for a Stanford course; I was expecting more on the bio/chemistry of nutrition and digestion, but this was more of a cooking show...

By GBT

Apr 18, 2017

Did not go into enough detail, reiterated home cooking and spoil rate but did not get into specifics. Perhaps another class on what foods do what in your body would be beneficial.

By Ngozi O

Jul 16, 2020

Seemed more geared toward people planning to change their eating habits. Also did not consider barriers to eating balanced meals like not having access to a nearby grocery store.

By Hussam E

Apr 18, 2021

When i subscribed for this course i thought it has more info, more scientific details and that's what i was looking for not just a general basic info & scirntificaly weak.

By Marina K

Sep 30, 2021

Не грамотный русский перевод. Тестовые вопросы не переводятся на русский. Странные навыки которым обучают - не покупать покупную еду а готовить дома. Вы серьезно????

By Jennifer B

Feb 22, 2019

Extremely basic in content but professional in presentation. Frankly, I'm surprised that this is a Stanford course. I expected something less elementary.

By Nicole D

May 8, 2021

Hätte anspruchsvoller sein können. Mehr auch auf biochemische Prozesse, bspw. was passiert bei einer erhöhten Aufnahme von Nahrungsergänzungsmitteln.

By Aya A E

Jan 21, 2018

A very general information is given. I was expecting to have more information on how to divide my protein in take or carbs throughout everyday meals.

By Frederique

Jan 19, 2016

Very basic content. I am not sure that there was anything new for me in this course. I am born in France and I guess we learn this from our families.

By Mira M

Jun 6, 2020

very basic and obvious content

The course does not challenge the student, especially if you already have some prior knowledge to nutrition and health

By Jenny B

Feb 1, 2016

Really very basic, anyone with an interest in the subject is likely to know most of this already. nicely presented though, good quality videos.

By Lia C

Though this course was informative, I was hoping it would focus more on the biology and chemistry of foods, why they would be beneficial etc.

By Laura E

Jun 26, 2016

This is ok if you know absolutely nothing about nutrition. Otherwise, it's basically information I'd expect to be relayed to kindergarteners.

By Romario V Q

Aug 3, 2021

Solo te dicen recetas y muy poca información sobre la alimentación en general,

Va mas encaminado para gente que tiene sobrepeso y desea bajar

By Yang G

Mar 30, 2020

general and shallow, not very informative, could be inspirational for those haven't cooked in a long time. recipe are at the end of course.

By Nadezhda

Mar 29, 2018

Этакое руководство для будущего первокурсника, который собирается покинуть родительский дом и хочет правильно организовать свое питание.

By barbara c

Apr 26, 2018

I think this course is too basic. I had expected to learn more in-depth about nutrition. It feels more like cooking for dummies.

By Andrés d J

Apr 13, 2020

I'm a little disappointed about this couse of Stanford. The content is very basic and I it could have been done in only 1 hour.