Back to Stanford Introduction to Food and Health

AE
Jun 21, 2018

SD
Aug 6, 2020

I really enjoyed doing the course, Very elaborate and informative course. Things are simplified so much that anybody can understand the basics of nutrition which helps in making the wise food choices.

4226 - 4250 of 5,246 Reviews for Stanford Introduction to Food and Health

By Nick I

Apr 18, 2020

This course felt very basic, which I liked. I didn't really have any knowledge as far as nutrition goes so it was nice to have everything broken down to the most basic levels. I wish they would've jumped into a little bit more depth or maybe added 2 or 3 more modules. It's nice to know more, but it would've been better if I felt like I got even more out of it.

By Zainab K

Oct 23, 2016

It was a very helpful course, giving an insight about our routine when it comes to food and health. It gives an understanding of how to take care of ourselves in the best way possible, and how easily we are fooled by media and the society to ruin our health in the long run. It is more essential than we think, to maintain a proper diet, so thank you for this.

By Alice S M W

This is a very basic course but the ideas are put across very well and I feel I am able to explain my food decisions in clearer terms when talking to my husband. I even told my doctor recently that I prefer to eat in moderation than choosing low fat or low/sugar free products because they have replaced what they removed with even more unhealthy substitutes.

By Srinu L

Mar 19, 2019

It was comprehensive and targeted the key points regarding food and health. I do wish there was more discussion with policy regarding food in the US and how it can sometimes be difficult for some to find healthy and fresh food. Also, the topic of preparing food and cooking was discussed but more tips for managing time and effort would have been nice.

By Heather D

May 16, 2018

An excellent course, mostly for those new to the idea of eating healthily. I absolutely loved the first week which explained how food worked inside the body. I also was glad there was a list of books to read, documentaries to watch, and websites to use for continued science-based nutrition information. Thank you very much for providing this course!

Jun 7, 2016

Very interesting and enjoyable, I think the mix between information about food and recipes for healthy food is a good one. I do think that for example adding recipes to lectures about certain types of food would make it an even better combination. For people living outside the US, the information about healthy diets might seem a bit US centered.

By arpit m

This course is great to learn the basics of nutrition but it is majorly based on western diet and culture. That's why I feel it is more constraint to a certain audience in some cases. Nevertheless, I enjoyed and learned basic day to day health and food habits, which I will try to implement in my lifestyle.

Thanks and Kuddos for making us aware.

By PRATEEK K D

Aug 25, 2019

explanation is excellent. i got to know much new things.

if you give some practical examples. and region wise available food and their dieting plan then it will be great. like i am from INDIA. here food are not same as like USA or other countries.

make a brief nutrition planning for different types of disease and daily exercise planning.

By Vivian W

Jul 12, 2019

It is a simple course with basic knowledge, principles and recipes that everyone can apply to improve their daily meal and health. As I've read a couple of nutrition books, I found the content is not intensively structured enough for me. But I would definitely recommend it to my friends who care about their health or eat not very healthy.

By Atul K

Jul 28, 2020

Excellent teaching in basics. Instead of the emphasis on recipes towards the end, I would have preferred learning more about what to eat when, what can be a healthy mix for what time of the day, diet for the more active, for the people with different objectives of weight and fitness etc. Maybe you could have an advance course for this.

By Sharoon S

Oct 14, 2017

This was an interesting course. It was visually appealing, timed just right and mostly informative. I would have liked for this to be a bit more scientifically informative. There was a lot of feel good episodes which I personally felt didn't add to my take away. I do appreciate the course instructors positive demeanor and presentation.

By Sheryl W

Sep 16, 2017

It was an informative course and enjoyable. I would suggest that in the last two lessons recipes be added for vegans and those with dairy intolerance. It was good to see gluten free recipes but they need adapting for egg intolerance. I would recommend this course as it is informative and tries to put things forward in a helpful manner.

By Nancy I

Sep 10, 2018

I loved this course, i had so many new discoveries, so many different methods to prepare a healthy meal and to maintain a healthy lifestyle.

But i have a request, i need to put on a little weight coz i am underweight, if i could get recipe's for that i will be most grateful. Thanks again, you guys are doing a wonderful job over there!

By Akshay

Jan 22, 2020

Really nice course to begin for beginners. Gives basic understanding of food and changes the way you would look at food the next time after taking the course. Should go for this course even if its not related to your career tracks. Decent explanation and really emphasis on the difficulties we face in day to day life regarding food.

By Mansi K

Jan 29, 2016

I star reduced because it was somehow lacking in assignments and practical applicable steps to start eating healthy. A great base of information to build on and offer more in depth of what foods to eat and not to eat. Would also love more information on label reading and organic vs Other food. Extra Virgin vs Virgin Olive oil etc.

By Maggie W

May 5, 2017

I loved that a lot of the content was easy to understand and convenient to follow. The materials is definetely helpful for anyone who has interests in eating healthy or even losing weights. I was just a little surprised that the last week of this class turned into a series of cooking videos. Overall, this was an amazing course!

By Lauren B

Apr 12, 2016

If you are looking for advice on how to live a healthier life I believe this might be a great course for you. However, if you are looking for depth in the nutritional science this course will be unfulfilling. I stopped after the 3rd week of lessons because this course did not contain the scientific information I was hoping for.

By HILAL I K

Jun 29, 2020

I'm interested in the question of how we can be healthy with food. When I saw this course, I enrolled immediately. The lessons are very useful because images and videos are informative to learn beginner level. However, the course needed to be developed because I could not see more scientific information or data. Thank you :)

By Vo N D

Dec 30, 2016

The course is very well managed and so informative from basic knowledge about foods and its nutrition then takes us a very fundamental but bold about nutrition and health. For those who does not like to read lot of books to come up with a simple and quick idea about how to have a health eating, this is a recommended one.

By Lesly F

Este curso brinda información valiosa sobre la alimentación de las personas y como influye esto en la salud. Así mismo brindan consejos basados en evidencia científica para poder seguir una dieta balanceada. Lo que más me gustó fue que incluyeron algunas recetas de platos novedosos y prácticos para realizar en casa.

By Fabian H

Aug 11, 2016

Interesting topic and very good information

Not enough content (my opinion)

Tests where way to easy, I could take them all without first watching the videos, and my grade ist above 90%. The questions are (espacially in Week 3 and 4) easy to solve with logic and a basic intelligence. Please work on making it harder! :)

By Marwa E

Mar 11, 2017

Simple and practical

I really enjoyed this course and how it managed to focus on the beauty and enjoyment of food as a main point in making healthier choices when it comes to diet. I only hope there is another follow up more in-depth course with more information on micro-nutrients and hormonal influence on obesity.

By Jeyana M

Jan 19, 2016

In general, this course is great! Thank you so much for it.

Great lectures, great videos, animations and slides.

One thing I didn't like is the assumption, that cooking at home will do so much help in slowing down the obesity epidemic. Here in Ukraine most of us don't eat out, but obesity is prevalent nevertheless.

By Bhim R M S

Feb 2, 2020

Ever since I learnt about healthy eating, I became very captivated with the topic. I was very curious and my how food affects our health and how we can protect ourselves by eating right. This course has enlightened me about the various aspects that we have to consider when choosing what we eat and how we eat it.

By daniel h

May 2, 2018

A good way to start your research into what food is, what you can do with it and how food works in your everyday life. The videos are informative however lacking charisma to keep the student entertained.... This may not be a negative. This is about facts and Standford provides a good base to start from.

Thanks.