Chevron Left
Back to Stanford Introduction to Food and Health

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Stanford Introduction to Food and Health by Stanford University

4.7
stars
27,754 ratings

About the Course

Around the world, we find ourselves facing global epidemics of obesity, Type 2 Diabetes and other predominantly diet-related diseases. To address these public health crises, we urgently need to explore innovative strategies for promoting healthful eating. There is strong evidence that global increases in the consumption of heavily processed foods, coupled with cultural shifts away from the preparation of food in the home, have contributed to high rates of preventable, chronic disease. In this course, learners will be given the information and practical skills they need to begin optimizing the way they eat. This course will shift the focus away from reductionist discussions about nutrients and move, instead, towards practical discussions about real food and the environment in which we consume it. By the end of this course, learners should have the tools they need to distinguish between foods that will support their health and those that threaten it. In addition, we will present a compelling rationale for a return to simple home cooking, an integral part of our efforts to live longer, healthier lives. View the trailer for the course here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z7x1aaZ03xU...

Top reviews

CS

Aug 26, 2019

Very informative and useful. I'm from India and I look forward to study more about nutritional values of different foods. This course gave me a head-start and information to pursue my goal. Thank You!

NF

Dec 5, 2020

Foods and us have a relationship, and this course defines that relationship. Personally, this course provides positive experience for me in regards of food, meal preparation, and eating in moderation.

Filter by:

5001 - 5025 of 7,904 Reviews for Stanford Introduction to Food and Health

By afshan b

Jul 4, 2022

By Megha S p

Dec 2, 2021

By Hadia H

Nov 21, 2021

By Marjorie S

Oct 12, 2021

By Mokopu A

Aug 16, 2021

By Alexa A

May 29, 2021

By Charles A J V

Apr 26, 2021

By Victoria V

Dec 28, 2020

By Katsiaryna I

Nov 24, 2020

By Kirani S

Nov 18, 2020

By ILIANA M

Oct 22, 2020

By Tyrese P

Sep 14, 2020

By Md. A H

Sep 8, 2020

By Haydee A

Jun 9, 2020

By Liew C S

Jun 8, 2020

By David l

May 10, 2020

By Ning X

Apr 14, 2020

By Sara D

Apr 9, 2020

By Kharly C

Mar 11, 2020

By Ahmed A

Feb 12, 2020

By Chris R

Aug 7, 2019

By Hang Y

Aug 3, 2019

By Eduard A

Feb 6, 2019