Back to Stanford Introduction to Food and Health

GG
Jan 22, 2021

Love how Maya presented the course and I especially love the cooking sessions featuring her cute kids. I am looking forward to reading her book or if she has any YT account featuring more home cooking

CS
Aug 26, 2019

5501 - 5525 of 5,785 Reviews for Stanford Introduction to Food and Health

By Jessica S

Feb 26, 2021

I thought there would be more science and depth to this course. I was looking for a deeper level of knowledge, felt very basic to me. Love Michael Pollan but would have been nice to see more experts

By Holo D

Feb 10, 2021

Some Case studies should be included to make reader feel that Change in Food Habits can make a real difference. Doctors are too eager to put people on Metaphor (something like that)and Crestor.

By Debbie C

Feb 19, 2016

It was well presented but a little light on, I was hoping for a bit more "meat" to it. But interesting none the less, & a fascinating insight into how few people apparently cook their own food.

By Andy N

Feb 3, 2016

If you have some basic knowledge about food and nutrition, then this course is not the right for you. It's very basic and sometimes trivial. But the lecturer and course itself was really nice.

By Sofie E

Mar 15, 2019

It's a course which covers basic. I would not recommend this to people who already are in the health and nutrition field, but to people who are new to the field. Very well explained and easy.

By Shivam S

Feb 4, 2018

If you are wanting something more technical, this is not the course for you. The concepts are simple to follow and for the common man. Its more of a motivational documentary than a course.

By Jekaterina S

Jan 23, 2017

Too superficial, basic and short vs my expectations. It might be because high expectations or another target audience for the course, but full course content could be fit to the first week.

By Jakob J

Jun 1, 2020

Course is informational but due to it being multiple choice instead of peer graded writing one can do the entire course by guessing on the quizzes and skipping the videos in a few minutes.

By Ana M C R

Aug 3, 2020

This is a very very basic nutrition course. I would say it is more addressed to the American public who is not used to cooking and eating at home. The recipies at the end are really nice.

By Elise D

Apr 4, 2017

This course had a lot of valuable information but in the quizzes it was only the most basic questions asked. And I would have liked more practice quizzes. Over all a good course though!

By Eleanor

Mar 31, 2021

It was a great introductory course and awesome for any new learners. I found the topic slightly too easy but had good structure and recipes that were tasty and time efficient to make.

By Lara B

Nov 29, 2020

I think that some parts are really informational and useful but there are sections that are just common sense. It's well made but a part of the content should definitely be rethought.

By Guillaume L

Apr 9, 2020

Nice course, clear and beautifully executed, but it is interesting only for people having absolutely no clue about cooking at home, I mean even just making a salad. Very USA focused.

By Alexis G

Oct 8, 2018

A good guide for beginners. I was expecting a University course in Nutrition, so I was disappointed. I wish I could reference the videos for my Health Coaching clients, though.

By Stacey O

Jan 3, 2017

This is all information I already have in my arsenal after researching health trends and learning more about how I should eat. I was hoping for something a little more detailed.

By Tahia T K

Oct 19, 2020

Plese gibe me a certificate i have worked very hard for it.please give me a certificate. Please 🙏🙏😭😭🙏🙏🙏🙏😭😭🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏😭🙏🙏🙏🙏.Please give the certificate. Please.

By Amber R

Jul 26, 2017

I enjoyed this course and thought it provided helpful, but very basic, information. I would recommend it for anyone who has little to no knowledge about the subject matter.

By Liga S

Aug 5, 2020

More suitable for people who rarely cook at home and struggle with weight and health problems. Very basic and simple information. All course can be finished in few hours.

By Adhitya J

Jul 6, 2017

Great informational and short course that you can finish in a day, but didn't go too in-depth into the nutrition side. Focused on obesity trends and fighting those.

By Fernando E

Apr 7, 2020

Es un curso muy básico acerca de la nutrición pero ayuda a que te interese y que comiences a aprender acerca de la relación entre lo que comemos y nuestra salud.

By gaby z

Jul 16, 2020

creí que el curso tenia información mas científica y especifica. Me parece que es muy útil para obtener conocimientos básicos y aplicarlos en la vida diaria.

By Holger E

May 27, 2016

Interesting, but not so much new things to know when you've already learned about healthy food. It's ok.

It's quite hard because of the english language. :(

By Sol A

Jan 23, 2016

an easy course, i would reccomend it to novices to nutritional science. If you're a more seasoned nutritionist, move on and find a more challenging course.

By Kuo K T

Feb 10, 2016

Way too easy.. I was expecting more information in nutritional science.

Still there's some useful tips for us to choose good food and improve our health

By Kay V

Apr 9, 2020

Good info, but very basic. I live in The Netherlands and in our culture this is all common knowledge. I was hoping for something a bit more complex.