Back to Stanford Introduction to Food and Health

TL
Sep 30, 2016

Extremely interesting course. I feel the material and videos were very easy to absorb and understand. I certainly would recommend this to anyone with an interest in food and how it affects our health.

SD
Aug 6, 2020

I really enjoyed doing the course, Very elaborate and informative course. Things are simplified so much that anybody can understand the basics of nutrition which helps in making the wise food choices.

4251 - 4275 of 5,255 Reviews for Stanford Introduction to Food and Health

By Lauren B

Apr 12, 2016

If you are looking for advice on how to live a healthier life I believe this might be a great course for you. However, if you are looking for depth in the nutritional science this course will be unfulfilling. I stopped after the 3rd week of lessons because this course did not contain the scientific information I was hoping for.

By HILAL I K

Jun 29, 2020

I'm interested in the question of how we can be healthy with food. When I saw this course, I enrolled immediately. The lessons are very useful because images and videos are informative to learn beginner level. However, the course needed to be developed because I could not see more scientific information or data. Thank you :)

By Vo N D

Dec 30, 2016

The course is very well managed and so informative from basic knowledge about foods and its nutrition then takes us a very fundamental but bold about nutrition and health. For those who does not like to read lot of books to come up with a simple and quick idea about how to have a health eating, this is a recommended one.

By Lesly F

Este curso brinda información valiosa sobre la alimentación de las personas y como influye esto en la salud. Así mismo brindan consejos basados en evidencia científica para poder seguir una dieta balanceada. Lo que más me gustó fue que incluyeron algunas recetas de platos novedosos y prácticos para realizar en casa.

By Fabian H

Aug 11, 2016

Interesting topic and very good information

Not enough content (my opinion)

Tests where way to easy, I could take them all without first watching the videos, and my grade ist above 90%. The questions are (espacially in Week 3 and 4) easy to solve with logic and a basic intelligence. Please work on making it harder! :)

By Marwa E

Mar 11, 2017

Simple and practical

I really enjoyed this course and how it managed to focus on the beauty and enjoyment of food as a main point in making healthier choices when it comes to diet. I only hope there is another follow up more in-depth course with more information on micro-nutrients and hormonal influence on obesity.

By Jeyana M

Jan 19, 2016

In general, this course is great! Thank you so much for it.

Great lectures, great videos, animations and slides.

One thing I didn't like is the assumption, that cooking at home will do so much help in slowing down the obesity epidemic. Here in Ukraine most of us don't eat out, but obesity is prevalent nevertheless.

By Bhim R M S

Feb 2, 2020

Ever since I learnt about healthy eating, I became very captivated with the topic. I was very curious and my how food affects our health and how we can protect ourselves by eating right. This course has enlightened me about the various aspects that we have to consider when choosing what we eat and how we eat it.

By daniel h

May 2, 2018

A good way to start your research into what food is, what you can do with it and how food works in your everyday life. The videos are informative however lacking charisma to keep the student entertained.... This may not be a negative. This is about facts and Standford provides a good base to start from.

Thanks.

By Thomas R

Apr 26, 2018

Thorough and engaging look at the fundamentals of nutrition and healthy food choices. Excellent resource for anyone who wants to understand the basics of a healthy diet and productive sustainable food choices. Engaging videos and the demonstrations of recipes are particularly nice touch. Thoroughly enjoyed.

By Borja T

Jan 18, 2016

Could be added more technical question, but I understand that the course is trying to reach as much people as possible.

However explaining a bit more details about minerals, which was not mention, would be good. Extending to flavonoids and some other stuff which most poeple is unaware would be interesting.

By Reem N

Jun 29, 2020

An interesting basic course with explanations about nutrients, calories, plant-based diets etc. I think I had expected more details and a more rigorous course but I see now that this is aimed at people who may have limited to no knowledge about these issues. Very good course, nonetheless. Thank you.

By RITESH M

Feb 11, 2020

i have learned so many things about food , how to do groserry shopping . i learned that we should more depend on natural food rather than highly processsd food we should eat plant food rather than having meat, and some other supplements that are available in market eassily we must ahave more organic

By Alison O C B

Jun 26, 2020

I really liked it, but it's very basic, and as I'm a first-year nutrition student in college, I should had taken on a harder course that would bring me some knowledge I didn't already know. Regardless of that, it's a very good course for someone who doesn't know anything about health and nutrition.

By Jose C

May 8, 2020

I appreciated the insights and recommendations from both Dr. Adams and Michael Pollan. We do overeat in this country but it is so difficult to eat the right way when fresh organic fruits and veggies are SO incredibly expensive and fast food and junk food so cheap. Thanx for this perspective.

By Ubayd R

Oct 19, 2020

Its been a great journey of learning and experiencing true knowledge about how food and nutrition affect our health and whats the role of food in your lifestyle and fitness. Overall its been a great course i would definitely recommend people to must do this course for a better understanding.

By Karime L

Great course for beginners. Could have better explanations of terminology like HDL cholesterol and LDL. I think that beginners need a little more detail about terminology involving biochemistry. Overall, it is an inspiring and helpful course to understand why it is important to eat healthy

By Thijs W

Feb 5, 2016

Great introductory course which gives a more nuanced view on eating. Everyone would be able to understand this and start to cook by themselves. Would have been nice if one week would have been dedicated to some myths, like the protein shake or gluten free diets which are very much debated.

By Pan C T

Jan 4, 2017

This Course is useful and practical for all the students and people would like to know the detail of food and health. Actually, after finishing this course, I have a stronger interest in food than before. If the lecturer can give us more information about this area, that would be better.

By Pam L

Aug 9, 2016

Everything I learned or relearned fit with my knowledge of food and food systems with one glaring exception: I am a strong supporter of organic standards and regenerative agriculture. Therefore, I would be unable to recommend vegetables and fruits regardless of their pesticide residue.

By Jana R

Jan 20, 2016

I would have loved to get more information. Addtional readings, forums to share ideas and recipes, projects etcs about food, health and nutrition. Maybe homework would increase our knowledge! Some paper as final assignment would be helpful.

Thanks for the course and enjoy your meals :)

By rishitha t

Aug 17, 2020

This course has enabled me to understand what a healthy diet exactly mean. Videos are pretty good and instructions are very easy and acceptable way to implement. Cook recipes are very helpful in day to day lifestyle. Special thanks to Maya Adam, Professor Pollan and Stanford team.

By Kara G

Jun 10, 2020

It was a very beginner course and more designed as instructive rather than educational. If you are health-conscious and want basic tips on how to become healthier then this is the course for you.It is not time-consuming or difficult and I finished the entire course in under a week.

By Karlee J

A really great class to learn the general rules of what are healthy choices and what are not. I feel that during the COVID-19 pandemics, because people are inside more, they are potentially cooking more, so learning what are the best choices in making these dishes is very helpful!

By yasemin i

Oct 20, 2019

The course was good for a beginner, nevertheless I found it too repetitive about eating plant based and not consuming processed foods. I wish it had more explanations about nutrients effects on health (macro/micronutrients) and the overall effect of food on health besides obesity.