Back to Stanford Introduction to Food and Health

TL

Oct 01, 2016

Extremely interesting course. I feel the material and videos were very easy to absorb and understand. I certainly would recommend this to anyone with an interest in food and how it affects our health.

CS

Aug 27, 2019

4151 - 4175 of 5,108 Reviews for Stanford Introduction to Food and Health

By Jose C

May 09, 2020

I appreciated the insights and recommendations from both Dr. Adams and Michael Pollan. We do overeat in this country but it is so difficult to eat the right way when fresh organic fruits and veggies are SO incredibly expensive and fast food and junk food so cheap. Thanx for this perspective.

By Ubayd R

Oct 20, 2020

Its been a great journey of learning and experiencing true knowledge about how food and nutrition affect our health and whats the role of food in your lifestyle and fitness. Overall its been a great course i would definitely recommend people to must do this course for a better understanding.

By Karime L

Great course for beginners. Could have better explanations of terminology like HDL cholesterol and LDL. I think that beginners need a little more detail about terminology involving biochemistry. Overall, it is an inspiring and helpful course to understand why it is important to eat healthy

By Thijs W

Feb 05, 2016

Great introductory course which gives a more nuanced view on eating. Everyone would be able to understand this and start to cook by themselves. Would have been nice if one week would have been dedicated to some myths, like the protein shake or gluten free diets which are very much debated.

By Pan C T

Jan 04, 2017

This Course is useful and practical for all the students and people would like to know the detail of food and health. Actually, after finishing this course, I have a stronger interest in food than before. If the lecturer can give us more information about this area, that would be better.

By Pam L

Aug 10, 2016

Everything I learned or relearned fit with my knowledge of food and food systems with one glaring exception: I am a strong supporter of organic standards and regenerative agriculture. Therefore, I would be unable to recommend vegetables and fruits regardless of their pesticide residue.

By Jana R

Jan 20, 2016

I would have loved to get more information. Addtional readings, forums to share ideas and recipes, projects etcs about food, health and nutrition. Maybe homework would increase our knowledge! Some paper as final assignment would be helpful.

Thanks for the course and enjoy your meals :)

By rishitha t

Aug 17, 2020

This course has enabled me to understand what a healthy diet exactly mean. Videos are pretty good and instructions are very easy and acceptable way to implement. Cook recipes are very helpful in day to day lifestyle. Special thanks to Maya Adam, Professor Pollan and Stanford team.

By Kara G

Jun 10, 2020

It was a very beginner course and more designed as instructive rather than educational. If you are health-conscious and want basic tips on how to become healthier then this is the course for you.It is not time-consuming or difficult and I finished the entire course in under a week.

By Karlee J

A really great class to learn the general rules of what are healthy choices and what are not. I feel that during the COVID-19 pandemics, because people are inside more, they are potentially cooking more, so learning what are the best choices in making these dishes is very helpful!

By yasemin i

Oct 20, 2019

The course was good for a beginner, nevertheless I found it too repetitive about eating plant based and not consuming processed foods. I wish it had more explanations about nutrients effects on health (macro/micronutrients) and the overall effect of food on health besides obesity.

Sep 26, 2017

A very nice and interesting course. Too bad the recipes aren't to download, but good that there are so many subtitles in so many languages so you can just write it down yourself and look the ingrediants up even if you didn't have English as your mother tongue. Thank you very much.

By Rini S

Nov 21, 2016

First things first, I am really glad that I 'stumbled' over this course. I got to know a lot about what to eat and how calories are not everything we ought to be looking for. After this course, I have come to know that I've been reading the nutrition labels wrongly all my life.

By Tristan I

Feb 03, 2020

The course was very helpful. Since this is an introduction, I finally get a good intro to food and health. It is great. However, it needs some more reading and probably more questions in the tests to make it better. All in all, very great class and I recommend joining it.

By Rochelle S

Apr 25, 2020

I certainly enjoyed, this course. I found the information you have prepared valuable. I would definitely recommend to anyone who wants/needs to gain insight knowledge and a better understanding about Food and Health. Hope to study here again in the future.

My rating 4.7

By Viviana G

Apr 18, 2020

Great course! Loved it and am thankful to have been able to complete it. This is where I first began to really understand nutrients. I would like to see an updated version as in 2020 there is more information that would be relevant and useful in this course syllabus!

By Livnat B

Feb 27, 2016

The course was informative, condense to be easily understood, and was well done. I left the course eager to learn how to cook!

I think the course could have demanded / pushed the students a little more to think about this deeper.

I am excited to try out the recipes!

By Taheera A

Oct 23, 2020

Simple and easy to follow course that gives you the basics that you need in order to make healthier choices when it comes to food and shopping. It gives you the general knowledge needed in order to make informed decisions when it comes to buying and preparing food.

By Shannon H

Jan 24, 2016

Michael Pollan is wonderful! Great fundamental tips. Music can be distracting. Maya's speech is a bit slow...Pollan's pace was stronger. Visuals were clean and easy to digest. Content was succinct and memorable. Appreciated the brevity of the videos. Thank you.

By ankur s

Apr 10, 2020

I got a good basic insight abot food and eating habits. The way Maya makes her receipes is too orgasmic. I mean she has taken cooking and eating healthy to a new level of awareness. Overall a good course to study the concepts of food, nutrition and health. Thanks.

By Michelle B

May 11, 2018

Great, very short, introduction to health. A very good starting point. I would love to learn a lot more, but I think this is something you can go through in an hour and take something away from. Would not pay for this certificate, but would still recommend taking!

By p u

Jun 09, 2020

very useful as an overview for beginners who have very less idea on nutrition. but i wouldn't recommend it for someone who wants to gain expertise in diet planning ( for themselves or other). its very basic and helps bursting some common myths and misconceptions.

By Mitch B

Jan 30, 2016

Great information, but in some instances I would have liked to see the course delve a little deeper into the topic. This was a minor concern however, overall it provided the information that mattered, and did so in a simple and "easy to digest" manner. Well done!

By Julia S

Jul 24, 2017

A pretty good course for beginners, or for those who simply wanted to be more educated on food and nutrition for the daily person. It is a little simple for those who have approximately a high school level knowledge of biology, but nevertheless, contains good ti