Chevron Left
Back to Stanford Introduction to Food and Health

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Stanford Introduction to Food and Health by Stanford University

4.7
stars
18,109 ratings
5,461 reviews

About the Course

Around the world, we find ourselves facing global epidemics of obesity, Type 2 Diabetes and other predominantly diet-related diseases. To address these public health crises, we urgently need to explore innovative strategies for promoting healthful eating. There is strong evidence that global increases in the consumption of heavily processed foods, coupled with cultural shifts away from the preparation of food in the home, have contributed to high rates of preventable, chronic disease. In this course, learners will be given the information and practical skills they need to begin optimizing the way they eat. This course will shift the focus away from reductionist discussions about nutrients and move, instead, towards practical discussions about real food and the environment in which we consume it. By the end of this course, learners should have the tools they need to distinguish between foods that will support their health and those that threaten it. In addition, we will present a compelling rationale for a return to simple home cooking, an integral part of our efforts to live longer, healthier lives. View the trailer for the course here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z7x1aaZ03xU...

Top reviews

CS
Aug 26, 2019

Very informative and useful. I'm from India and I look forward to study more about nutritional values of different foods. This course gave me a head-start and information to pursue my goal. Thank You!

NF
Dec 5, 2020

Foods and us have a relationship, and this course defines that relationship. Personally, this course provides positive experience for me in regards of food, meal preparation, and eating in moderation.

Filter by:

4151 - 4175 of 5,421 Reviews for Stanford Introduction to Food and Health

By Kirill D

Jan 26, 2019

Very good

By Patricio R D

Aug 28, 2018

excellent

By Olga O

Aug 28, 2018

Muy útil!

By Tapas P

Aug 3, 2018

Excellent

By Jeanne M P

Apr 4, 2018

Excelent!

By Lidiane C M W

Feb 16, 2018

Thanks!!!

By wangle

Oct 20, 2017

wonderful

By Paola S

Jul 2, 2017

LOVED IT!

By Samaa m

Jun 25, 2017

Excellent

By 王佳丽

May 13, 2017

wonderful

By LN. C I J C

Feb 28, 2017

Excellent

By Camila S

Feb 13, 2017

very good

By Lenin V

Dec 30, 2016

EXCELLENT

By Baila A

Nov 3, 2016

Awesome!!

By Rumen

Aug 2, 2016

Excellent

By Rogelio M A B

Apr 11, 2016

Muy bueno

By nithya

Feb 20, 2016

Excellent

By America G

Feb 13, 2016

I love it

By DIANA S

Feb 9, 2016

Excellent

By Yaman K

Jan 22, 2016

Wonderful

By Fernando D d G

Dec 11, 2020

Perfect!

By Dariane d C

Dec 7, 2020

Amazing!

By João P F P

Nov 16, 2020

I loved!

By Mujtaba b a

Aug 26, 2020

جيد جداً

By Haniyah C

Jul 4, 2020

Amazing!