Back to Food & Beverage Management

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Food & Beverage Management by Università Bocconi

Managing a company in the food and beverage industry is a fascinating task. Food and beverage products are so deeply rooted in the culture of most countries that making and selling them is not only a matter of making and selling good and tasty products, but products that nurture people's body, soul, and heart. Given this, it's not difficult to see that the task quickly becomes complex. The objective of this course is twofold: first, we will focus on contemporary challenges that managers and entrepreneurs in food and beverage businesses should be able to face; and second, we will provide models and tools to design and implement appropriate courses of action to satisfy customers and build an advantage over the competition. This course is made up of four modules and an introduction, each exploring one dilemma that food and beverage companies face. You will be presented with a set of video lectures and guest speakers. These lectures combine an accessible introduction to specific topics integrated with interviews of managers and experts that will give precious insights and examples to the participants. To enhance your learning experience with us, we will make a Documentary on the Excellences of the Modena District available for you, which is in a format that we have developed specifically for this course in order to give you the chance to experience first-hand the territory as our on-campus students usually do. Each module is paired with an evaluated quiz and weekly discussion forums to reflect on the variety of the F&B world, its complexity, and the power of the network that we will build together during the course. Successful completion of the quizzes is required for a course certificate as explained in the Grading Policy. Below the guest speakers of the course: Masterchef Italia Sky – Nils Hartmann, Head of Movie Channels at Sky Italia – www.masterchef.sky.it Eataly - Paolo Bongiovanni, Marketing Director Italy – www.eataly.net Berlucchi – Paolo Ziliani, Owner – www.berlucchi.it Joia Restaurant – Alta Cucina Naturale – Pietro Leemann, Owner and Chef – www.joia.it Branca – Nicolò Branca, Owner – www.branca.it Barilla – Giuseppe Morici, President Region Europe – www.barilla.com Proyecto Expo 2015 Chile – Guillermo Ariztia, Chile Pavillon Director – www.expomilan.cl Winery Il Cavallante, Milano – Sergio Morpurgo, Owner Heineken – Floris Cobelens, Marketing Director – www.heineken.com TRDN – Martin Oetting, Managing Director – www.trnd.com GROM – Federico Grom, Owner and Founder – www.grom.it/en Tetra Pak – Matthew Hatton, Director Competitor Intelligence – www.tetrapak.com BioHombre – Matteo Panini, CEO – www.hombre.it Acetaia Maletti – Carmen & Claudio Maletti Cantine Riunite & CIV – Vanni Lusetti, CEO; Francesca Benini, Sales & Marketing Manager; Elena Lottici, Export Manager; Mario Vandi, Brand Manager – www.riunite.it GlemGas – Marco Guerzoni, Program Product Manager – www.glemgas.com Bibendum Catering – LaFranceschetta58 – Sabrina Lazzereschi & Marta Pulini, Owners and Founders – www.bibendumcatering.it , www.franceschetta58.it DISCLAIMER - Since most of the videos are conducted with those whose native language is not English, we have decided to sometimes preserve their more emphatic speech to keep a tighter match between the audio and the subtitles....

SL
Jul 27, 2020

Any people who want to become an entreprenuer should definitely do this course. The lectures was explained in a detailed manner and the powerpoint slides are also quite precise and easily understood.

JL
Sep 12, 2020

Very interesting introductory course to food & beverage management. Clear setup and interesting topics. ALso, the interviews with guest speakers are very interesting and relate to the topics covered.

426 - 450 of 902 Reviews for Food & Beverage Management

By Luigi V

May 13, 2020

I personally enjoyed a lot this course especially because show for those people who run the food and beverage industry one ofthe most powerful Keys for the sucess "idea of marketing"

By Gary C

Aug 24, 2020

I enjoyed the criteria and the way it was presented. Will be taking another certification from Universita Bocconi soon.

I believe I paid for a certificate. When would I expect this?

By Anushka P

Jul 5, 2020

The streamlined focus of the course on the hand-picked topics is instrumental in making the lectures approachable, enjoyable and easy to understand. Thank you Mr Troilo and Bocconi!

By Vong C K

Jul 28, 2019

This course has much knowledge about marketing and brand management in F&B field. It's so helpful with many case study and example in the hospitality industry. I completely satisfy.

By Ana M C

May 22, 2020

Great structure, content and presentation! I would change only the name of the course to Food and Beverage Management and Marketing. It's a very practical and well designed course.

By Jack M

Oct 18, 2020

An excellent course to be undertaken by all f&b related professionals. Very informative and very relevant to the industry. Very detailed and explained by the best in the industry.

By Jakub K

May 16, 2020

Very nicely done course. It shows students how to think, how to approach problems, and what to keep in mind while working in F&B industry. I'm sure I'll quickly use this knowledge

By Vinícius M D P

Dec 26, 2016

I have found it very helpful to understand the food market. I particularly found the first week to heavy in terms of content, maybe it should be split in to two weeks of course.

By David R

May 6, 2020

Very good course with great examples given to ensure that you understand the content. Please just check a few of the example videos that use youtube are not available anymore.

By Alberto R

Jan 12, 2018

I am a wanna-be entrepreneur in the f&b field. I must say that this course is very much detailed and useful to clarify important points on different issues. Higly reccomended!

By Daniele A

Aug 9, 2017

The course is very well thought out, the teacher is outstanding, very clear and coincise. Great examples and interviews, i found it quiet easy to complete and i learned a lot!

By Arturo Q

Apr 15, 2017

Thank you professor and team, this is a subject I should learn by hearth as I will like to put my own venue one of those days. Thank you for sharing with us Coursera learners.

By Sara G

Apr 24, 2020

I learned about marketing, the difference between product and market, the attention of knowing how to manage large and / or small companies. I learned many things, thanks.

By Renan M R J

Jan 30, 2016

É um Curso maravilhoso me ajudou a ter uma visão mais ampla e me permitiu criar um Planejamento Estratégico para minha carreira. Parabéns

Att

Renan Medrado Rodrigues Júnior

By Elias S J

May 8, 2020

Mr. Gabriele Troilo did an amazing job with this course and I enjoyed every aspect of it. I learned more about the F&B world and how it comes all together.

-Eli

By Dominic H J

Aug 8, 2019

Very interesting concepts. The course covered materials I did not expect it to cover. I plan on taking this one every once in awhile as long as its available for review!

By Fitri R

Sep 25, 2020

This course was amazing, I learned a lot related food and beverage management. This course also was delivered perfectly nice and detail. Thank you Coursera and Bocconi.

By Alice A

That's a really good and interesting course if you want to broaden your knowledge about food & beverage management. It gives you some tips to create your own marketing.

By Victoria

May 6, 2020

Great course: very well structured, full of relevant slides, videos, interviews, and information. I am really delighted, and I highly recommend it! Thank you very much!

By Aude K

Feb 1, 2016

A great mix of theoretical concepts and interviews from industry opinion leaders. My first Online course with Coursera an Bocconi and I definitely look forward to more.

By Jorge C

May 5, 2021

Bety detalles que excellent, I fue learn a lot from this course, nos i'm putting allá ir they anoté info real practice thanks You so much. Sincerely... Mr castellanos.

By amr a

Aug 1, 2019

The most beautiful country of the world (ITALY)

Thank you Gabriele for offering your wide knowledge to this free online platform I couldn't afford the cost otherwise.

By ramona v

Jul 7, 2017

Very complete course with a lot of video and reading materials. Very challenging and demanding, but provides important insights on food and beverage management issue.

By Zafira B

Sep 25, 2020

Estrategic, integração valores e brand entre outros atributos de forma que as informações são harmônicas pequenas e de qualidade no conjunto da disciplina.

Thank you.