Back to Food & Beverage Management

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Food & Beverage Management by Università Bocconi

Managing a company in the food and beverage industry is a fascinating task. Food and beverage products are so deeply rooted in the culture of most countries that making and selling them is not only a matter of making and selling good and tasty products, but products that nurture people's body, soul, and heart. Given this, it's not difficult to see that the task quickly becomes complex. The objective of this course is twofold: first, we will focus on contemporary challenges that managers and entrepreneurs in food and beverage businesses should be able to face; and second, we will provide models and tools to design and implement appropriate courses of action to satisfy customers and build an advantage over the competition. This course is made up of four modules and an introduction, each exploring one dilemma that food and beverage companies face. You will be presented with a set of video lectures and guest speakers. These lectures combine an accessible introduction to specific topics integrated with interviews of managers and experts that will give precious insights and examples to the participants. To enhance your learning experience with us, we will make a Documentary on the Excellences of the Modena District available for you, which is in a format that we have developed specifically for this course in order to give you the chance to experience first-hand the territory as our on-campus students usually do. Each module is paired with an evaluated quiz and weekly discussion forums to reflect on the variety of the F&B world, its complexity, and the power of the network that we will build together during the course. Successful completion of the quizzes is required for a course certificate as explained in the Grading Policy. Below the guest speakers of the course: Masterchef Italia Sky – Nils Hartmann, Head of Movie Channels at Sky Italia – www.masterchef.sky.it Eataly - Paolo Bongiovanni, Marketing Director Italy – www.eataly.net Berlucchi – Paolo Ziliani, Owner – www.berlucchi.it Joia Restaurant – Alta Cucina Naturale – Pietro Leemann, Owner and Chef – www.joia.it Branca – Nicolò Branca, Owner – www.branca.it Barilla – Giuseppe Morici, President Region Europe – www.barilla.com Proyecto Expo 2015 Chile – Guillermo Ariztia, Chile Pavillon Director – www.expomilan.cl Winery Il Cavallante, Milano – Sergio Morpurgo, Owner Heineken – Floris Cobelens, Marketing Director – www.heineken.com TRDN – Martin Oetting, Managing Director – www.trnd.com GROM – Federico Grom, Owner and Founder – www.grom.it/en Tetra Pak – Matthew Hatton, Director Competitor Intelligence – www.tetrapak.com BioHombre – Matteo Panini, CEO – www.hombre.it Acetaia Maletti – Carmen & Claudio Maletti Cantine Riunite & CIV – Vanni Lusetti, CEO; Francesca Benini, Sales & Marketing Manager; Elena Lottici, Export Manager; Mario Vandi, Brand Manager – www.riunite.it GlemGas – Marco Guerzoni, Program Product Manager – www.glemgas.com Bibendum Catering – LaFranceschetta58 – Sabrina Lazzereschi & Marta Pulini, Owners and Founders – www.bibendumcatering.it , www.franceschetta58.it DISCLAIMER - Since most of the videos are conducted with those whose native language is not English, we have decided to sometimes preserve their more emphatic speech to keep a tighter match between the audio and the subtitles....

SL

Jul 28, 2020

Any people who want to become an entreprenuer should definitely do this course. The lectures was explained in a detailed manner and the powerpoint slides are also quite precise and easily understood.

JL

Sep 13, 2020

Very interesting introductory course to food & beverage management. Clear setup and interesting topics. ALso, the interviews with guest speakers are very interesting and relate to the topics covered.

26 - 50 of 714 Reviews for Food & Beverage Management

By Gorgos C

Jan 16, 2019

I hope i will be very helpful!

By Lei Z

Mar 30, 2019

very useful

By Adriana F d S

May 21, 2018

Bravo!

By Oksana K

Aug 11, 2017

It is really interesting course. The one minus is that the "Professor" speaks a little bit strange English.. Some words sounds strange and false.. that´s why you should look sometimes into the subtitles to understand what has he meant.

By Christos P

Mar 14, 2016

Badly formulated alternatives in the multiple choice test

By JeanLeeUCL

Jul 23, 2020

This course is so intriguing and exciting to me. It is fantastic to learn more in-depth about something I meet everyday. I would like to say, this course is really an eyeopener for me in the Food and Beverage sector. I am a MBA student, who is determined to contribute to the plant-based diet in the future. And I got deeply inspired by the material and content of the lectures. And the way they are presented are enjoyable. What's more, the people participated in the videos are so charming. But, there are too few female involve in. I wish I can see more, if this course is about to upgrade some day. Thank you very much for whoever make this course available to me.

By Odilie B Z

Sep 12, 2017

I enjoyed the course and got inspired with it! I found the interviews with the managers or owners of the F&B companies probably the more interesting part. But also the video lectures by Proff. Troilo as well as the summaries were clear and well structured. Just 2 comments further: 1. I found a bit "boring" the background for the first video deliveries, while at the end of the program there were sooo inspiring! he landscapes and the visits in Italy! (maybe it's because 'Io amo la Italia' :) 2. I'd have called the course F&B Marketing (rather than F&B Management). All in all an outstanding! Grazie mille!

By Olena B

Jan 13, 2016

Amazing course! I enjoy every video, every interview. Professor is cool, a professional . I like that you provided not only the theory itself, but also informative slides, interviews with so interesting people, plus gave/showed visual examples. Videos are of great length (not too long, not too short), information is valuable and only on business. I had a great , kinda , customer experience studying your lectures)) And its more than lectures, its a joy.

Thank you for your job!

By Dominique P S

Feb 28, 2020

Un corso interessantissimo, strutturato in maniera seria, completa ed esaustiva. E' stata una vera sfida personale, ero assente dalle aule da ben 40 anni. Il corso, prevalentemente in lingua inglese è stato altresì un mettermi alla prova dal punto di vista linguistico. Doppio impegno per me, ma un'enorme soddisfazione. Ora vado avanti, vado oltre, anche in inglese. Grazie di cuore per questa opportunità che mi è stata offerta e complimenti a Voi.

By Adalis F

Sep 30, 2018

I'm so satisfied with the content of this lessons , it is a brief of every single point that matter to start doing business is this area. For me that already have experience of international marketing , It has been perfect to know more specific details and It already is giving me some good ideas to start to introduce my products in Spain, Italy , Germany and France.

THANKS Prof. Gabriele Troilo you are a fantastic professor.

By Laura T

Nov 11, 2019

This course is clearly structured with inspiring best practice examples, an engaging professor and interesting additonal content. It refers to crucial issues for F&B businesses and helped me a lot to understand this industry in a deeper way. I can highly recommend to take this course as it will enrich your knowledge and provide great insights into the challenges of successful F&B companies.

By Amin H

Apr 12, 2020

Credo a mio avviso che sia uno dei migliori corsi riguardante il campo manageriale per chi ancora non ha avuto modo di approcciarlo. Detto ciò consiglio vivamente per chi come me ha voglia di entrare in questo mondo o semplicemente arricchire il proprio bagaglio culturale. Grazie al prof.Giuseppe Troilo e alla tua dedizione per questo magnifico corso!

By Luis F L

Oct 24, 2017

Great course, with great interviews with experts in the F&B industry. I would recomend it for anyone. It also povides you with some insight in basic key-concepts in management and market, in case you, like myself, are not familiarized with this vocabulary. Great explanations and real-life examples. 100% enjoyable. I had a great time and learned a lot.

By Rafael P d L

Mar 19, 2018

A great course for anyone related to the hospitality industry, it covers key subjects in a professional and updated manner, complemented with interesting interviews with top industry executives. The professor in charge is a perfect narrator and guide.

I learned many concepts and inspired me to review the existing strategy and focus of my business

By Cristina T

Sep 29, 2016

The professor, the explanations, the video lectures, slides, graphics, examples and interviews helped me to understand what is F&B management. The units were very well organized and the topics were very well explained. The course gave enormous pleasure from the beginning to the end. Loved! Thanks for everyone that worked hard to make this course.

By Viktor P

Jan 11, 2018

For the most part it was great. Plenty of learning options available from plain reading of the presentations slides to the actual videos. The questions on the quiz might need some work since the language at times is ambiguous and imprecise. However, overall I am very pleased with the course for F&B and Marketing information in general. Thank you

By Oscar G

Apr 13, 2020

It was a very nice course, touching topics that can be applied to work from the smallest restaurant to big food corporations and distributor. It really gives you a great overview of the whole food and beverage industry, and the different interactions that with the market that as a manager are good to know. I see myself applying this knowledge.

By Francesco G

Mar 10, 2017

I've been working for almost 10 years in finance in an international F&B company and I think this course has been really helpfull for me as helped to fix lots of concepts I faced in my professional life from a theoretical and objective point of view. Very nice readings, attachements and interviews. Congratulations to prof. Troilo and Bocconi!

By Jovana D

Nov 14, 2016

This was a great course because I like a good challenge; it was way more difficult than I had previously anticipated. The course shined a light on some things that I normally wouldn't give much thought to, and as someone who currently holds a position at a company that is in the F&B industry, it was quite inspiring, to say the least.

By Nassime F

Mar 07, 2020

Amazing content ! covering in every angle all you should know as an entrepreneurs/manager in the Food & Beverage Industry.

I want to thank Gabriele Troilo and his team at SDA Bocconi, for the very high quality courses, materials and videos he provides to us.

The high quality reputation of the school is one more time confirmed :)

By Michele C

Apr 13, 2020

During this difficult period of quarantine i learned a lot from this course, I'd like to thank the Professor Gabriele Troilo for the Videos and for the incredible knowledge he shared with all the students which enrolled. It's gonna be easier or at least less complicate open a Business and undertstand all the issues around it.

By João P D S S P

Feb 12, 2020

"I am amazed with this course was very good learning I want to continue learning more the university is to be congratulated because I would like to know the dependencies of the institution the teaching is of quality. The teacher has a range of knowledge and the guests were very attentive to their questions "!!!

By Gizem Ö

Apr 14, 2017

It was intense and at the same time efficient online course. Videos were clear and short enough to catch attention. Interviews and examples were impressive!

I really liked this course from Bocconi University, and I highly recommend everyone who wants to know about food & beverage management as a beginner.

By Stefka G

Nov 05, 2016

This course was very helpful. The information was very well presented, with a lot of examples and clear statements. Easy to understand, remember and practise. The tests were very accurate with clear questions and answers. The interviews were inspiring and clarifing the whole material of the course.

By Sasha

Sep 20, 2015

I admire of this lecturer and its structured information (espessially in presentations). I think this course gave me a better understanding of marketing than my university's course of marketing. I have finance background and I like to work with numbers but this course was really interesting for me.