Back to Forensic Accounting and Fraud Examination

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Forensic Accounting and Fraud Examination by West Virginia University

Everyday across the world, thousands of businesses are victimized by fraud. Who commits these bad acts? Why? And, how? In this course we are going to help you answer the questions: who commits fraud, why and how. We’ll also help you develop skills for catching them....

AO

Jun 17, 2020

This course is one of a kind, it's simple, professional and straight to point. I've really been exposed to the concept of fraud and it's dynamics. This will take me a long way in my career.\n\nCheers!

AS

Apr 26, 2020

Excellent course to go with an excellent illustration from experts in the industries. I do carry a value which will cherished in my memory for ever ........\n\nThanks for all what i learned hear.....

701 - 725 of 895 Reviews for Forensic Accounting and Fraud Examination

By Veronique G

May 16, 2020

I really learned a lot taking this course. I am in the financial industry but got a chance to learn how other organizations detect fraud which is very similar in nature. The only thing I didn't like is that if I got an answer incorrect I was only told it was not correct and a reason without informing me of the correct answer for future reference. I am a member of the Association of anti-money laundering specialists (ACAMS) certified anti-money laundering specialist (CAMS) and this course added on to my level of knowledge and expertise. Overall I feel the instructors and Association of Certified Fraud Examiners did a great job with putting the classes together and I hope to stay connected in some way shape or form as I continue my career in the field. Many thanks!

By Avinash K

Jul 08, 2017

The course is very well structured and introduced me to most of the topics related to fraud examination and forensic accounting. I feel that the course could benefit from adding case studies for the student to solve or providing concrete examples which the student can solve like detection of duplicate invoices or identification of improper journal entries among a list of journal entries. This would really help drill down the concepts. Overall the course whetted my appetite for this very interesting area and I certainly would like to learn more from the professors. Thanks for developing this course.

By Sunk z

Apr 11, 2019

The content of the course is definitely great. I learned stuff i didn't knew and really liked exploring the course content. It was fun and instructive.

But the test-system sucks. I spent more time trying to understand the meaning of a question than actually pondering on which answer to choose. Plus given the very broad approach of the course, some questions were way to specific and it felt like there was no sense in asking some questions when taking the global goal of the course into account.

thank you for creating this course. I really appreciated doing it (apart from the testing-part :P)

By Thomas K

Oct 13, 2020

While contents are great, I have identified a number of spelling misakes (e.g. NASDAC instead of NASDAQ, obviously due to poor voice recognition) and other technical inconsistencies that have a negative impact on the learning experience. In the quizzes, the order of answers is often wrong, e.g. when the topmost answer is "All of the above.", and there are instances where questions are ambiguous and can't be reasonably answered (see the question in the Worldcom context: "... was not presecuted ... was the least culpable.." in the same sentence.).

By Sourabh N

Jan 25, 2018

The course trains us on principle theories of fraud, how to detect the fraudsters, classification of fraudsters and also the processes that can be used to control fraud in organisation. The course also touches upon concepts of money laundering and Whistle-blowing mechanisms. The course can be improved by also introducing us to digital forensics and tools used world wide. Further the syllabus needs to be widened to touch upon case studies or examples across the world and not restrict to USA

By Saqib Z S

Jun 29, 2020

A good course on the basics of Forensic Accounting and Fraud Examinations. I enjoyed the different voices they used to explain concepts. I also enjoyed how they used famous cases to show examples of fraud. The only thing that is keeping me from giving this course 5 stars is the lack of diverse voices. it would be nice to have instructors that vary in gender and race. Overall, I would recommend this for anyone looking to learn the basics of Fraud Detection and Prevention.

By Sreedevi S

Apr 10, 2020

It was an amazing experience to learn about Forensic Accounting and Fraud Examination for the first time, as a beginner. The course had a good quality in respect of topics covered, the mode delivered by the faculties. The little quiz after every week was simple but tricky at times, took me multiple attempts to complete. The final quiz had some repetitive questions though. Overall I am happy with my first experience in a MOOC and coursera.

By Fernando M

Apr 24, 2020

Interesting course and lessons, providing practical examples that connect theory and practice. For those of us non-US, the real cases were estimulating. On the other hand, I found the course really short and with no relevant material provided to the students. Maybe the institution should consider to provide more deliverables to the students in order to maximize the learning.

By Supasuta C

Jun 20, 2020

More applications and case studies, rather than relying on merely lecturing and theoretical concepts, will make the course more practical and beneficial to learners. A good example is the Accounting Analytics course which contains a lot of cases, spreadsheets, calculations, etc. Those have helped to increase my understanding of the theoretical concepts a lot.

By Daniel C F

Jun 04, 2019

I enjoyed this course overall, however, I was hoping it would be more detailed in how to tell and how to find or locate accounting fraud. They talk about some of the software tools used in Accounting Fraud, but it would be nice to hear more about these software tools or maybe some examples of when they were used? I do recommend it!

By Praveen L

Jul 31, 2020

The course is quite engaging and well presented. The concepts explained with real examples help to better understand and retain the concepts. Some questions in quiz were however not discussed in the module but encourages extra reading. Looking forward to the next level of the course where we can study some of the concepts in depth

By AYESHA P

The course is perfect for those who wish to learn the basics. If coursera could customise the courseware to suit the requirements of those based in India, it would be a great value addition. Moreover in view of recent spate of frauds in India especially those related to the banking sector, there is ample material and genuine need.

By alan m

Apr 26, 2020

Completed the course in 2020. Basic course content still appears to be relevant and includes real-world cases to further enhance exposure to the topics. A great blend of top-class lectures from the WVU faculty and professional course content from the ACFE knowledge body. It truly serves the purpose of a certificate course.

By LLYOD K

Jun 10, 2020

It was imparting a good kick start indeed for forensic accouning and fraud examination.i will be glad if you add more flesh on technical aspects of fround examination such as sample data for hands on practice and investigative approaches.Thanks a lot to the course co-ordinators,cousera and the university of west virginia.

By Sargun D S

May 23, 2019

Provides great insight on the Frauds that have taken place on the global level. The course guides you through various aspects of fraud examination and helps you understand each aspect with the help of examples from real life frauds. Discussions and tests help analyse the understanding. Extremely engaging and useful

By Manarbek I

Apr 28, 2020

The course is designed to give overall view of the Forensic "business". If you are looking to gain some deep knowledge, understanding and feeling of the mechanics of the "business" - the course unfortunately will not give it to you. In general a good course, as I felt that pretty a lot work was made to arrange it.

By kanhaiya b

Oct 19, 2020

The course was designed more theoretical than practical. The content of the course and the questions asked at the end of every week are different thus is more challenging and surprising simultaneously. Overall, the course should have more content as the topic itself is too big to cover in just 3-4 hours.

By Steven M

Jan 02, 2018

This course provided current practices relevant to fraud examination and forensic accounting. Each of the instructors demonstrated an apparent expertise in the field. While the material was certainly useful in criminal investigation, some of the material seemed a little opinionated and biased.

By Ritika

Apr 07, 2020

a good basics course for someone who has limited to no knowledge of fraud investogation and forensic accounting. Coming from an accounting background, i found the level of knowledge to be a beginner to intermediate level. but overall a good refresher course on the basics of fraud auditing.

By Inga L

Mar 09, 2019

Although the course was great, I'd suggest the authors to review questions and correct answers as there are some inconsistencies - some correct answers in lecture videos and week quizzes where marked incorrect in the final exam. Anyway, thanks for sharing your knowledge and experience ;)

By Papa S A

Nov 29, 2018

Very interesting courses. I work like an internal auditor and this course just help me to understand deeply what is fraud, how does it occur? What kind of tools do I use to investigate and so on.

Thank you so much to all professors, to WVU and to ACFE for the quality of this course.

By Patricia I J L

Mar 18, 2020

It is well-structured course with basic information. Nevertheless some content is not available through the platform and it seems like a side-content program, which in turn makes it a bit superficial. Anyway it is fine to get the basic concepts and a better idea about fraud.

By Saleem B

Feb 02, 2019

Provides excellent knowledge on forensic Accounting and Fraud Examination.

One suggestion: MCQs need to be reviewed as there are duplication and incorrect/missing references for example answer would refer to "a and b above" but there is no a or b marked for answers.

By Aakanksha A

Apr 10, 2020

Found very helpful and got to know few of live examples of frauds and fraudsters. It also help in recognizing one of the factor for losses to organization and economy as a whole. Would recommend for easy learning with ease to access the course anytime and anywhere

By Lee M

Feb 01, 2020

When i started this program i was very much blank about forensic accounting and fraud exam but thanks to the lecturers or tutors. The course was well presented and the contributions from my fellow student was awesome and i thank God that i have past the course.