Back to Forensic Accounting and Fraud Examination

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Forensic Accounting and Fraud Examination by West Virginia University

Everyday across the world, thousands of businesses are victimized by fraud. Who commits these bad acts? Why? And, how? In this course we are going to help you answer the questions: who commits fraud, why and how. We’ll also help you develop skills for catching them....

AO

This course is one of a kind, it's simple, professional and straight to point. I've really been exposed to the concept of fraud and it's dynamics. This will take me a long way in my career.\n\nCheers!

RN
Jan 7, 2021

I enjoyed learning this course . It made me aware about the various ways frauds are committed, showed practical examples, discussed data analytic tools . I look forward to learning this subject more.

1151 - 1175 of 1,177 Reviews for Forensic Accounting and Fraud Examination

By A H H

Jan 14, 2018

Pretty good but not reach enough. it does not offer any practical quantitative methods to catch frauds.

By pranav s

Sep 15, 2020

1. Should make the course a little more detailed.

2. Should provide more material for the course.

By RAGHAV J

Aug 16, 2020

Good for those who want's to have a basic knowledge of forensic accounting and fraud examination.

By Dorothea H

Nov 11, 2016

The Professors were wonderful, issues with wording of questions on tests and grading of tests

By Vivek S

Aug 21, 2020

The course was neither thoroughly explained nor practically taught. Very disappointed!!

By Ajay K Y

Jul 13, 2021

This is good as a beginner's course only, does not go into details on advanced topics

By LESLIE N L

Aug 10, 2020

The quizzes and the exam called for knowledge not presented. Good information though.

By Damon D

Dec 6, 2020

Has some solid information but is really lacking without the accompanying text.

By Jakousi U C

Sep 25, 2017

Se siente como un infocomercial. It feels like a commercial.

By Gnananandan

Aug 23, 2020

Can be more diagrammatically represented

By faris a

Apr 17, 2021

It was fantastic and helpful course

By Stefan A

Good introduction into the Topic.

By Nyoike D

t

very

By kristy d

Jan 23, 2019

Lectures are excellent -- clear presentation from three professors with great sound -- easy to understand. Video of interviews from people who are convicted of fraud are fascinating. However, in an attempt to make the testing portion appropriately challenging and less open to cheating the multiple choice questions can be really obscure or oversimplified to the point of being wrong.

I'm disappointed in the online discussions -- NOT the fault of the course -- they seem to be improving their accounting knowledge while working full time and English is a second language so there isn't much posting, there's very little dialogue between students. I do appreciate Vincenzo Ferri's role as monitor -- it helps connect us.

By Ong J W

Mar 15, 2016

Too qualitative, too much theory, narrative.

Needs more specific examples of how numbers are manipulated for e.g. in financial statement fraud. Perhaps show real data on how outlier transactions are spotted.

By UJJWAL G

May 13, 2020

Very bad quiz as the options were terrible and did not have a clear justified answer. I could point out many MCQs which had more than 1 correct answer without an "all of the above" option.

By Radha A

Oct 5, 2021

The course only provides a theoretical introduction, it would be good it courses introduce practical techniques and analysis methods, only then can they become truly useful for students.

By Chain F

Jul 15, 2021

Really, you can substitute the course with googling: "fraud motvation models", "benford's law" and "fraud demografics". That would be much faster and less tedious.

By Darko I

Jun 2, 2020

Plenty of useful information. However, the whole course was based mostly on theory with case studies, and did not offer any practical and/or technical skills.

By Eric J

Aug 20, 2020

Most garbage and horrible course I have taken by far for accounting so far. The course has too many videos and the information is too repetitive and I got very bored. My enthusiasm was killed in week 2. The final part is 60 questions and it was shocking and disappointing. The final exam should not have 60 questions because I find that ridiculous and that it is too much and I unrolled this course as soon as I saw how many questions on the final for week 5. Execution is the worst thing I have saw by far. This course is so disappointing and could have been better. I give this course a 1 star out of 5. I wish I could rate this course a 0 out of 5 stars because really this course was seriously boring and depressing.

By Marcus K

Sep 8, 2019

The quiz questions where absolutely terribly phrased and the course lacked actual technical knowledge. It was too broad, lacked actual investigative part and had too big of an emphasis on theories and history.

By Shrikanth M

Sep 27, 2020

I was sent mail initially stating i will get certificate free of cost. when i completed, i am being asked to pay. I dont have zero grade to rate.

By t. p

Dec 11, 2016

exam questions are designed for raw facts instead of critical thinking and resoning. Sorry maybe its my poor english. Regards.