Back to Forensic Accounting and Fraud Examination

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Forensic Accounting and Fraud Examination by West Virginia University

Everyday across the world, thousands of businesses are victimized by fraud. Who commits these bad acts? Why? And, how? In this course we are going to help you answer the questions: who commits fraud, why and how. We’ll also help you develop skills for catching them....

AO

This course is one of a kind, it's simple, professional and straight to point. I've really been exposed to the concept of fraud and it's dynamics. This will take me a long way in my career.\n\nCheers!

AS
Apr 25, 2020

Excellent course to go with an excellent illustration from experts in the industries. I do carry a value which will cherished in my memory for ever ........\n\nThanks for all what i learned hear.....

26 - 50 of 1,041 Reviews for Forensic Accounting and Fraud Examination

By Daniel N A

Mar 18, 2020

The course was filled with case scenarios which broaden my understanding.

The course facilators are competent, they broken-down terms to the basic form which made my learning easy and fun

Finally, the course has lots of Interesting topics ranging from

types of fraudsters,

the elements of fraud,

Fraudster demographics,

Forensic professional skills,

Essential fraudster traits,

Internal control concepts,

Whistleblowing,

And how to detect and prevent fraud.

I have a wonderful learning experience.. I gained so much which added knowledge. 👍👍👍

By Sher K

I would first of all pay my sincere tribute and thanks to the honorable mentors of the course who have covered the topics in the best possible way. The teaching techniques of the mentors is perfect based on the best practices in learning.

The course has been very fundamental for my understanding of fraud, its detection and prevention.

The final thoughts given by our respected mentors including the quotes are a benchmark for my future work.

Thanks again to coursera for providing such a wonderful platform for my professional growth.

By Fernando M

Nov 21, 2020

Quite a difficult online course especially for someone like me with the most basic knowledge in finance and accounting. But as a graft investigation officer and researcher at the Office of the Ombudsman in the Philippines, it was all worth it. It definitely enhanced my knowledge and skills in detecting fraud and corruption both in the public and private sectors of society. Hoping Coursera would develop other related courses for our continuous upscaling. Many thanks to everyone at Coursera and the West Virginia University!

By Yevgeniya R

Dec 30, 2020

This is a very good foundational course in Forensic Accounting and Fraud Examination. Though it would not make you ready for CFE exam, it still provides more interesting and useful information for more advance understanding of fraud, fraud investigation, and mitigation than do most other courses and source of introductory information available. I would definitely recommend it to my peers as a source of more in depth understanding of the area when they struggle with understanding of some of the concepts.

By N. S M

Jun 6, 2017

This is one of the best courses in Forensic Accounting. Though I am a person with an engineering background, it was very motivating. The course by itself is not self sufficient. It covers the major topics peripherally and acts as a beacon to start expanding knowledge through self study. The exams are a bit tough and well structured to stimulate reasoning. Overall, an excellent course for beginners in Forensic Accounting, especially with different background other than commerce and accounting.

By Prapti B

Aug 22, 2020

I have previously done two more courses in Coursera, likewise this was also one of a kind course I must say but on the other hand, this is my favourite course till date as it gave me a practical experience in this field and i am pretty sure that this knowledge will help in my practice as a company law enthusiast.

I will recommend one thing to change in this course. kindly include the right answer options too along with the explanation. it will be of great help.

By Prem P K

Aug 14, 2020

This is one of the best course on fraud examination, In this course you learn about how fraudster thinks, how,when,where they commit fraud.

and at the end of every week you get to see the interview with person who commit frauds of million dollars.

When I enroll in this course thinking that it focused on financial statements like balance sheet and income statements but its not that , this course is focused on how the fraudster thinks and how they commit fraud .

By Kathleen G

Mar 9, 2021

I recommend taking this course if you're interested/eager to know how to detect a criminal having the extent to go far for their own personal selfish interest. The professors also gave very well-rounded tips and tackled a lot of topics about the types of fraud, the stages of money laundering, and the origin of how it started. Thank you for making this class fun and informative, and I appreciate all your efforts in sharing this with everyone.

By Jelah G

Apr 22, 2020

The Course is well organized to impart very crucial and important skills and knowledge to learners. The presentations contains very relevant and current information regarding fraud practices. The presenters are vastly knowledgeable and informed about the fraud as a topic. Thank you so much Prof. Richard Riley, Dr. Richard Dull and Mr.John Gill.

Thank you so much Cousera Team for this great opportunity please feel so much appreciated.

By Nagesh M

Apr 26, 2020

The content of the course is very apt and useful in day to day working. The learnings can be used in corporate environment and is very insightful. Video, case study with relevant examples helped in better understanding of the concept thereby enhancing the required skills for the job. Moreover i could utilize the time and complete the course in a timely manner due to reminder and motivation by the Coursera tool, that too du

By Marvin J D V

Sep 15, 2020

The level of ease with which the topics are explained lets you know that there is still much to learn about fraud investigation. The shared knowledge and experience of the teachers is a very important value to consider this experience as excellent.

Congratulations to the teachers, writers, designers and others involved, for making this learning experience extremely valuable for my personal and professional life.

By AKSHAY R S

Aug 15, 2020

Excellent course which clearly explains all the concepts of forensic accounting and fraud examination including fraud triangle, fraud detection, use of data analytics in fraud, Benford analysis, money laundering, whistleblowing etc from a practical perspective with adequate examples from corporate world. "Worldcom" scandal was also discussed as a case study to add a practical perspective to the concepts.

By Alexis B

Sep 22, 2020

I really enjoyed the course. Learned a lot that I didn't know. I wish though the areas of money laundering and executive fraud had been enlarged upon. I also wish that this was a more advanced course or several courses. Will I use this in my position. Absolutely. The main reason though I took it was because of trump. I had some theories and hypothesis about him and wanted to see if I was correct and I was.

By Nicole C

Nov 22, 2020

This course is phenomenal, I really have very much enjoyed learning this course as it was first time studying this course; the learning experience was absolutely fantastic and emotional. I am certainly looking forward to learning more about Forensic Accounting and Fraud Examination. I would like to give a huge special thanks to coursera, the course lecturers, the camera team and the public officials.

By SUNIL T

Apr 22, 2019

This is well designed course focusing on Fraud Examination and basics on Forensic Accounting. i liked the mix of experts from academic and professional background. The videos and use cases were interesting and provided good insight on approach towards fraud examination. I hope the learning will help me sharpen my skills as fraud prevention expert in a leading bank in India. sunil.tiwari@outlook.com

By Lilian J

Mar 22, 2020

I really enjoyed this course. The videos, learning materials, quizzes and feedback were very helpful. There's so much information delivered in the course that is very useful and has changed my outlook about what forensic accountants and fraud examiners actually do. I am more informed regarding fraudsters, money launderers, whistle blowers, etc. I thoroughly enjoyed my studies with you.

By Karen B P

Mar 24, 2021

This is an excellent introductory course in Forensic Accounting and Fraud Examination. The detail provided in these videos are in-depth, easy to understand and educational. The course presentation is awesome. The speed of the speaker speech is. Welcoming and encouraging.

I have acquired a greater understanding of Fraud and prevention and detection methods. I highly recommend this course.

By Cong T T T

Sep 2, 2020

Thank you Mr. John Gill, Dr. Richard Riley and Dr. Richard Dull for bring the effective course to us. This course is really helpful and easy to understand for a beginer Internal auditor such as myself. After the course I already have basic knowledge about Fraud, Fraud Examiner and Forensic Acounting, and it's a basis for me to develop my occupation in the future. Thank you very much.

By Rosena S

May 17, 2016

Very interesting content that introduces many common fraud schemes and warning signs that may help prevent or detect the fraudulent act. Additional real life frauds were incorporated into the lessons which was one of my favorite parts. Wonderful teachers and a class that encompasses accounting concepts, forensic and investigative skills, and curious minds. Highly recommended!

By pankaj s

Jun 15, 2020

Its been a wonderful experience undergoing this well structured, well-articulated, and well synchronised course. However, just a small suggestion for the benefit of working people, if some more reading material is made available in addition to mere video text... it would be of immense help as they will manage their time accordingly which otherwise becomes extremely difficult.

By Eunice G

Feb 17, 2021

I really enjoyed this course. I have taken other courses in the past and never lasted for an hour but this one's an exception. Maybe because I am personally interested with the topic and there are true to life cases and interviews presented throughout the course. It is not just theoretical but helped me apply or relate it to my experiences as a professional. Thank you!

By Michael M

Apr 21, 2021

I would like to thank all the lectures for such a professional way of delivering lectures. I was a very nice time for me. I found all i learnt useful and quite relevant to the current world.

Keep on doing the great job. To all yet to join the course please do it without delay , you will learn something that will positively contribute to the change of the world.

By Joel C L

Sep 20, 2020

I have meant so much and I would like to do the ACFE examination. I work as an internal auditor but the knowledge gain here make me very aware of my internal environment more because frauds are often commuted by the most unsuspected employees or CEO I definitely would like to create a Money laundering policy also and whistle blower policy for my organization

By Mehul C S

Jul 23, 2019

The Course was really a great learning experience with qualified professor's team. It was all in details with case studies easy to understand with simple language and accent. Enjoyed the course and would recommend for people who want to make there career in Forensics & Fraud Examinations.

Thank You Everyone for your valuable time & resources...

By nandurij

Oct 22, 2020

One of the best courses I have ever appeared in Coursera. All the videos focused on the subject without deviation and the value of the inputs given by the Faculty is plenty. The quality of the quiz enabled me to focus on core points of the modules and really help in my work environment. Thanks to all the Professors and team of Coursera.