Back to Introduction to Forensic Science

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Introduction to Forensic Science by Nanyang Technological University, Singapore

We have all seen forensic scientists in TV shows, but how do they really work? What is the science behind their work? The course aims to explain the scientific principles and techniques behind the work of forensic scientists and will be illustrated with numerous case studies from Singapore and around the world. Some questions which we will attempt to address include: How did forensics come about? What is the role of forensics in police work? Can these methods be used in non-criminal areas? Blood. What is it? How can traces of blood be found and used in evidence? Is DNA chemistry really so powerful? What happens (biologically and chemically) if someone tries to poison me? What happens if I try to poison myself? How can we tell how long someone has been dead? What if they have been dead for a really long time? Can a little piece of a carpet fluff, or a single hair, convict someone? Was Emperor Napoleon murdered by the perfidious British, or killed by his wallpaper? *For Nanyang Technological University (NTU) students, please be noted that this course will no longer be eligible for credit transfer....

NU

Jun 18, 2020

The training and instruction received in the course of the program were an excellent one. It exposed me to various techniques used for crime investigation. Generally, I had an awesome experience.

DR

Jul 09, 2019

This was a good course for reviewing forensic medicine. Some detail part of medicolegal aspects are insufficient but as a package, it is most essential for the expert to upgrade their knowledge.

176 - 200 of 358 Reviews for Introduction to Forensic Science

By Cristina L F

Nov 16, 2019

Really interesting course, if you are curious about this topic, you should choose it.

By Eddie d J G B

Nov 11, 2019

A great update opportunity in forensic sciences, in a pleasant, didactic and fast way

By Josephine C

May 14, 2018

Super interesting course and the assignment were very interesting. Highly recommended

By Tammi M L

Aug 16, 2016

Great course, very interesting, and actually quite fun! You will learn a lot from it.

By davis e

Dec 11, 2019

its really been a wonderful time learning this course because i have learnt so much

By Nicolo G C

Aug 24, 2016

Super interesting course.

Would be great to have more Courses about forensic science

By Cindy B

Jun 25, 2020

Excellent course! Interesting and challenging. I enjoyed doing the assignments.

By Arón L S

Apr 13, 2020

Un excelente curso, debería haber más información del tema o una especialización.

By Lean F G

Mar 13, 2020

The lessons are mostly basic but still very helpful for future related endeavors

By Susan F

Apr 10, 2020

Very interesting class. I would take the next level of this course if offered.

By Hardik G

Apr 10, 2019

A very very good course. Well explained. Lab demonstrations should be increased

By Carla E P

Amazing course, amazing instructor, amazing knowledge gained from it.

Loved it!

By sara s

Oct 17, 2020

loved this course so much. It's so interesting and useful full of great info!

By Chan W W K

Sep 28, 2020

An excellent course. The course exercises are well designed and interesting.

By Zuzana D

Feb 20, 2018

This was the first course I took with Coursera and I found it very rewarding.

By Ishita P

Jun 20, 2020

Great course! All i needed! Helped me fall in love with the field even more!

By Makhado T T

Jan 21, 2020

I've learned so much and it will help me starting a career in Forensic world

By LARA A A

Feb 09, 2019

I would recommend the course to everyone who loves smart learning Thank you.

By Jacki T

Nov 08, 2018

Fantastic! i learnt so much more than i thought i would. highly recommend!!!

By Renjitha R N

Aug 22, 2020

It helped me brush my basics and provided me with strong reasoning ability.

By Hannah K Q B

Aug 21, 2020

I had so much fun studying this course, I learned a lot! Thank you so much!

By dinkar d

Aug 04, 2020

its too good, easy to understand and very informative... thanks to Coursera

By shanu s

Jul 20, 2020

Very useful course and i personally recommend Everyone to learn this course

By Lorena L

Apr 07, 2017

I have taken many courses, but this one is really useful and knowledgeable.

By Emma

Nov 05, 2016

This corse is teaching me everything I need to know about Forensic Science!