Back to Introduction to Forensic Science

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Introduction to Forensic Science by Nanyang Technological University, Singapore

We have all seen forensic scientists in TV shows, but how do they really work? What is the science behind their work? The course aims to explain the scientific principles and techniques behind the work of forensic scientists and will be illustrated with numerous case studies from Singapore and around the world. Some questions which we will attempt to address include: How did forensics come about? What is the role of forensics in police work? Can these methods be used in non-criminal areas? Blood. What is it? How can traces of blood be found and used in evidence? Is DNA chemistry really so powerful? What happens (biologically and chemically) if someone tries to poison me? What happens if I try to poison myself? How can we tell how long someone has been dead? What if they have been dead for a really long time? Can a little piece of a carpet fluff, or a single hair, convict someone? Was Emperor Napoleon murdered by the perfidious British, or killed by his wallpaper? *For Nanyang Technological University (NTU) students, please be noted that this course will no longer be eligible for credit transfer....

AP
Apr 16, 2021

HI, I am student of forensic science and as per my knowledge this is the best course i come across.\n\nyou just need to have basic knowledge, the cases given in the course are awesome.\n\ni loved this

SF
Nov 12, 2020

Thanks to Mr Roderick Wayland Bates for his simple and vivid explanation .....I liked his way of presentation... The course was really very useful and the case studies were thought provoking......

201 - 225 of 469 Reviews for Introduction to Forensic Science

By Sahar I

Aug 31, 2020

very informative course and the instructor discuss various examples so that the concept could be cleared.

By Nicolas D n

Jul 2, 2020

Great Course. I enjoy it very much.

Congratulations to the teacher!!! Great way of explaining and talking

By Damini R S

Dec 14, 2020

Excellent course. Really enjoyed the case studies and peer graded assignments. Lectures were very clear.

By Rachel N

Mar 26, 2018

Excellent course! Kept me interested from beginning to end. I learned an immense amount of information.

By Maria A G A

Mar 29, 2021

muy completo, durante semanas aprendiendo el oficio de forense. Muy bien explicado y super recomendado

By Adel G

May 3, 2020

Solid course, though a tad on the easy side. It serves as a nice introduction to the subject indeed !

By Andrea A

Apr 28, 2020

Excelente curso. Combina la teoría con casos para evaluar las aplicaciones de cada técnica utilizada.

By Ashutosh V

Jun 13, 2021

It was amazing learning the course with you sir. Every concept was delivered clear an to the point.

By Jisma J

Jun 1, 2021

it helps me a lot to give a proper base and knowledge about my future studies .Thank you so much !

By martin f

Mar 23, 2021

Surprisingly enjoyable! Very well structured and informative without being overwhelming. Thank you

By Victoria F

Jan 30, 2021

I enjoyed this class so much. It was interesting learning the techniques used in forensic science.

By Mahima S

Jan 27, 2020

I loved this course. Absolutely perfect for beginners who want understand the basics of forensics.

By João C M d C

Jan 13, 2021

Ótimo curso para se ter uma base de todos as necessidades básicas de um profissional da forencia.

By Violeta T T

Jan 18, 2021

Very fun, interesting, and informative course! One of the best I have taken on Coursera so far!

By Salome V

Nov 10, 2020

El material del curso está muy bien explicado y es muy didáctico. Recomiendo mucho este curso.

By Irina S

Aug 5, 2018

A very interesting course. Careful choice of material. Roderick Bates is an excellent teacher!

By Emporia C

Jun 26, 2018

Awesome course if you want an introduction to the forensic science and the labs that they use.

By Ronny M

Oct 14, 2020

It was an amazing course, perfect for juniors and totally made me want to get into this field

By Mario A G

Dec 17, 2018

Excelente estructuración del curso así como la selección de los temas. Altamente recomendable

By Ujwal V S

Sep 21, 2020

It was a great experience learning. I have learnt a lot from this course. Thankyou very much

By Darla L K

Oct 6, 2020

I loved this course. I learned a lot. I hope to continue in Forensic Science in the future.

By Devangi C

It was an amazing experience to be able to do this course, Helped me learn a lot, thank you

By Shane K L

Jan 31, 2021

The professor of this course is very knowledgeable. The reading recommendations are great.

By María V A L

Oct 6, 2020

una excelente herramienta de aprendizaje para iniciar en el mundo de las ciencias forenses

By Karla E P O

Aug 10, 2020

Amazing course. I learned so much and I want to keep learning. Thank you very, very much!