Back to Foundations of Public Health Practice: The Public Health Approach

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Foundations of Public Health Practice: The Public Health Approach by Imperial College London

The Public Health Approach course is the first instalment of the wider Foundations of Public Health Practice specialisation from Imperial College London's Global Master of Public Health (MPH). The scope and content of this course has been developed from the ground up by a combined team of academics and practitioners drawing on decades of real-world public health experience as well as deep academic knowledge. Through short video lectures, practitioner interviews and a wide range of interactive activities, learners will be immersed in the world of public health practice. Designed for those new to the discipline, over four modules (intended for four weeks of learning), learners will become familiar with the scope, origins, ethics, principles and paradigms of public health practice. But there is also important foundational content for those coming from more experienced practitioner backgrounds. The 'Public Health Approach' is a phrase that is used widely to describe an up-stream, preventive, values-driven and evidence-based approach to improving population health. By the end of this course, learners will be confident with identifying and describing a wide range of public health challenges using the language and reference points of the public health profession. The subsequent courses require the knowledge from this course, as learners will be introduced to the public health toolkit of health needs assessment and evaluation, before taking deeper dives into behaviour change and health protection....

SO
Sep 18, 2020

Nice course. However, I finished my peer review assignment 4 days ago, and I am still yet to get a grade. I have reviewed 7 assignments so I do not understand why mine has not been reviewed.

KM
Sep 24, 2020

This was an excellent survey course in the basics of Public Health. It is not easy! Prof. Pinder and the rest of his crew are very articulate and clear. They make it look easy. It isn't!

26 - 50 of 96 Reviews for Foundations of Public Health Practice: The Public Health Approach

By Lisbeth A O R

Jul 1, 2020

Thank you so much to Coursera, Public health team at Imperial College of London, Dr Pinder and National University of Colombia for allowing me to participate in this course. I really enjoy it, I learnt different approaches in public health, the interactive learning tools were so innovative and I shared my experiences with students from different parts of the globe. Many thanks!

By Samantha I

Jul 29, 2020

The course was a great introduction to Public Health. The lessons and assignments set were challenging and allowed me to gain an in depth passion for this subject area. With the recent pandemic its been good to know the people who are working behind the scenes. Looking forward to the next part of the course.

By Alejandro R

Oct 19, 2020

I enjoyed very much, and did all the sections with a lot of enthusiasm and learnt a lot in every single part. Although, I am a Public Health professor and have experience working in the field, this review has been helpful to reflect over our jobs as consultants and teaching.

By Héctor V

Aug 8, 2020

The course instructors, materials and topics covered were all outstanding. The theory framework presented was clear and always relevant, and I especially appreciate their efforts in making students get into the public health worker mindset from the first lecture.

By Alina F

Aug 12, 2020

It is a great course that is suitable both for those who have some experience in public health and those who are new in the field. The tasks are interesting to complete and the instructors are very enthusiastic about the topic.

By Hosam M G A

The course gave me valuable insights into the public health practice, although I already work in the field for a while but a lot of information were new to me. Thank you Imperial College London and thanks to Coursera.

By Nada O

Sep 17, 2021

After completing this course I now have a strong and solid basic knowledge about public health and will definetely take the rest of the courses that Imperial College of London has to offer in public health.

By Dr. T V

Sep 12, 2020

I enjoyed and learned a great deal from the readings and the fact that were not just focused on the UK. Application of the learnings & peer review of the final assignment reinforced the learnings well.

By Francisco A E A

Jul 4, 2020

It is an excellent course! I think it provides the most fundamental elements for initiation into public health practice. I have high expectations for the following courses in this specialization.

By KATHRYN C M

Sep 24, 2020

By Vinicius A d S

Sep 27, 2020

Really help me to understand the basics concepts of public health and how to apply them in specific situations that we usually didn't know to proceed

By Sheng-Chun W

Mar 26, 2021

Excellent introduction to Public Health, content well presented and laid out. I find it very easy to follow and the concepts well explained.

By Reem M A

Nov 26, 2021

the studying material is great and well displayed... the activities and quizzes were also well composed and quite interesting and useful

By omosefe O

Jul 14, 2020

I had a wonderful experience, I have gained a whole lot in this short while .I am grateful to all my instructors for this experience.

By FRANCO S N

Nov 29, 2020

Really good course, has a lot of topics and the teachers are really good, so it is the structure and the way the course is done

By Jutta v S

May 12, 2021

Great Teachers. Interesting projects and very interesting additional materials for reading or watching are part of the course.

By NOBLYN P

Nov 21, 2020

THIS COURSE IS INDEED A BASIC FOUNDATION FOR PUBLIC HEALTH PRACTITIONERS. IT IS ENGAGING AND EASY TO UNDERSTAND. THANK YOU

By Sugandh J

Jun 26, 2020

I really enjoyed this course and the assignments. Very comprehensive materials and a good balance of optional vs mandatory.

By Maanpreet K

Jun 1, 2020

Lecturers did a great job in their delivery and the course was structured really well. Precise and interesting throughout.

By Madelene C J

Jun 2, 2021

The course is excellently constructed. Beginners in the field won't have a difficult time absorbing the concepts.

By Nichcha S

Dec 6, 2021

This course is really great. Whoever is interesting in public health should take this course. Highly recommend!

By Asif E

Jun 17, 2020

Really enjoyed this course as a foundational piece. Kudos to the team at Imperial College London

By Chiranjivi A

Jul 23, 2020

An early course that is very important to develop one's career as a Public Health Professional!

By Peace A

Jun 13, 2020

This course has opened my eyes to a lot on Public Health and the Public Health Approach.

By Farah A S

Oct 23, 2020

this course really helps me getting to know a broader perspective of public health