Back to Foundations of User Experience (UX) Design

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Foundations of User Experience (UX) Design by Google

Foundations of User Experience (UX) Design is the first of a series of seven courses that will equip you with the skills needed to apply to entry-level jobs in user experience design. UX designers focus on the interactions that people have with products like websites, mobile apps, and physical objects. UX designers make those everyday interactions usable, enjoyable, and accessible. The role of an entry-level UX designer might include empathizing with users, defining their pain points, coming up with ideas for design solutions, creating wireframes, prototypes, and mockups, and testing designs to get feedback. Current UX designers and researchers at Google will serve as your instructors, and you will complete hands-on activities that simulate real-world UX design scenarios. Learners who complete the seven courses in this certificate program should be equipped to apply for entry-level jobs as UX designers. No previous experience is necessary. By the end of this course, you will be able to: - Define the field of UX and explain why it’s important for consumers and businesses. - Understand foundational concepts in UX design, such as user-centered design, the design process, accessibility, and equity-focused design. - Identify the factors that contribute to great user experience design. - Review common job responsibilities of entry-level UX designers and teams that they work with. - Explore job opportunities and career paths within the field of user experience. - Explain why design sprints are an important and useful part of a UX designer’s work. - Describe common UX research methods. - Identify and account for biases in UX research....

NB

Mar 11, 2022

It is a great course for beginners and people transitioning to UX/UI design career from other fields. It gives you a basic knowledge and information what UX design is and how to apply it in real life.

GP

Mar 27, 2022

First i have to tell the amount of effect and information than put in this course is great hell lot of information about UX Design. Now iam thinking that i have selected a best course offered about UX

101 - 125 of 6,353 Reviews for Foundations of User Experience (UX) Design

By Estefania C D r

Apr 11, 2021

Is the first time I feel that I have really learned and enjoyed a course. It seemed important to me to solve each proposed activity even those that were not necessary to complete. I liked that through the course the experiences of different Ux designers were shared, it made the experience within the course nicer and also, gives me an idea of the type of job I'll have when I become a Ux designer. I appreciate that over the weeks, websites about design inspirations were shared. Now, I signed up in accounts where I start following blogs and people who works as designer, it'll help me to have more skills and contacts.

By Kyrsten K

Aug 26, 2021

T​his course is for real. It's challenging but not overwhelming. I did all the exercises, posts and readings to the best of my ability. One could coast through, clicking assignments as complete but far less would be learned or accomplished. It's an excellent introduction to the field of UX design. It asks students to begin some of the most intimidating aspects of any career up-front: networking, defining your brand and creating an online presence. The Googlers are encouraging, personable and inspiring. If this is what UX designers are like, they are the kind of people with whom I'd like to spend my work-life.

By Md T R

Jan 11, 2022

By Andrew X

Jun 4, 2021

ok! I really enjoy this experience, I recommend this course for an entry-level Designer, it's concise and right to the point of the most important topics to start a great carrier as a UX designer. Back then in 2007 when I started my Multimedia Design studies, I would love to have this knowledge about the User experience so clear, condensed, and well explained as I had it now. But the level of experience I achieved through all these years of dealing with all kinds of challenges on my carrier path, I consider is invaluable. Even though I'm happy 😉 and ready to continue with more Lectures. 🐯🤘🏽

By Mahantesh A

Jul 3, 2021

Amazing Course! The course itself is equitable. I have learnt about the foundational concepts in UX design, such as user-centered design, the design process, accessibility, equity-focused design and the factors that contribute to great user experience design. I have had the opportunity to gain knowledge about the common job responsibilities of entry-level UX designers and teams that they work with. Also I've learnt how I can create an online portfolio where I can showcase my works as a UX designer and the reasons why design sprints are an important and useful part of a UX designer’s work.

By Qisthina Q

Apr 28, 2021

I honestly love it, I think it is an absolutely great way to have your foot into the UX design field, especially if it's something that you're passionate about but you're someone who doesn't have a design background.

It is relatively easy, the quizzes and activities really help solidify your understanding of what you've learned in that week, plus, you're not alone! There is an active community in the discussion prompts so you can always interact with other fellow learners on whatever - whether it's the topics covered or past experiences that you can relate back to UX design, etc.

By Brittany B

Jan 5, 2022

When I started this course, I had absolutely no real knowledge of UX. Now, I feel ready to start making work and break into the industry at full force. Toward the end of the course, they talk about how to overcome imposter syndrome, and I've found that to be especially helpful as that's something I realize I've been suffering with since high school. Thanks to this course, I've finally completed the decade-long task of creating a professional online portfolio, and getting started with social media platforms and online design communities. I'm extremely excited to move forward!

By Rhenald K

Jan 4, 2022

Before taking this course, I have already learn about UX, UI, and product design fundamentals. After taking this course, it sharpened my knowledge in this field far to the next level. I absolutely love this course, it gives you complete insight in being a UX designer and what's going on with that role in the industry nowadays. More than that, we were also taught about how to build personal branding as a designer on all across social media platforms, even our own website/portfolio. Best UX design I've ever taken so far! Can't wait to enroll to the next course! Thank you.

By Suz

Aug 31, 2021

I found this course really engaging. The short videos really held my attention and the activities and tests were well timed and made for good breaks in the dialogue to help cement themes and points for learning.

Michael was a great host and you could see him really relax into the teaching style as time went on. Interviews with others in a varoety of roles gave different perspectives and being able to view a variety of designers work allowed the learner to experience different styles and methods of working along with some really interesting routes taken into the field.

By Songyi S

Apr 7, 2021

Huge shout out to Google, and Coursera to provide this brilliant course. I was not expecting to learn about UX design with high quality and in-depth contents within the first course. However, everything that I learned was extremely helpful to understand the UX design industry and the entry-level UX design role. I love the way that Google made this content, not just providing teaching but encourages the learners to keep up their study. Also through the course content, I could see how Google demonstrates great User experience design to the learners. Thank you so much!

By Ben B

Jun 17, 2022

I really enjoyed part one of this seven-part course. There were sections that I'd already experienced in my current job, however, it was great to go through them again and use the examples in other scenarios.

The course as a whole was incredibly user-friendly, as expected, and you can see that a lot of time and effort has been put into creating this course.

Meeting various members of the team and understanding how they become to be a UX designer was very interesting and gives you more confidence that you really can learn the skills to succeed in this field.

By Lucy M

Jan 9, 2022

As an almost complete beginner, I found there were some things I'd already researched, but most was new to me. All of it was useful!

I love how I got to create something real as well (the beginnings of a UX design portfolio).

I'd recommend doing all the optional sections and reading what other participants say.

I nearly knocked one star off because I found it hard to navigate to comments I made or responded to (to see if I'd had any feedback). So some of the community aspect was lost which is a shame, but maybe it's just me not 'getting it'!

By Ashley G

Jun 14, 2022

So appreciative for this course and all the information that it has provided! There is an abundance of information but it is provided simply and effortlessly for anyone to be able to understand, process and apply it. Thank you so much for all of the hard work and providing so many with the opportunity to learn these skills to better our lives and to learn to help others. These skills transfer over into life in order to care for those we come into contact with and put their needs before our own! Awesome job Google and Coursera! Thank you!

By Sardor A

May 18, 2021

While I was thinking about how to move from graphic design to UX design, my teacher suggested this course to me. And I started taking the course. I made the payment without thinking and studied diligently. I spent more than 1 month and got the knowledge I had never received from anyone in my life from this foundation course. My passion for UX design grew even more. I realized that UX is not just about drawing shapes and writing something, but also an area where people can be comfortable on every front. A big thanks to the Google UX team.

By Aman K C

Jun 4, 2021

Its a really great journey i must say because when i just start my journey through this course i might don't know that i get to know a lot of things in future. but when i just covering each and every topic , we do exercises , quizzes , share our experience its really great and yes i must say you have to be consistent if you love to have something in your life too well this is a course but who knows that this course will change your life and you were be there where you just thought to be. A lot of learning in this course. THANK YOU ALL .

By Nicholas D

Apr 7, 2021

Google has certainly raised the bar on course. I've enrolled in a few courses I found interesting and possibly helpful to my career but found them lacking in the depth of knowledge they provide or the instructor was difficult to understand.

I was starting to regret my 1 year commitment but Google's course has certainly reverted my regret. I've only completed course 1 which in it self was 4 weeks but the knowledge was relevant and easy to understand. I honestly enjoyed this course and would recommend anyone curious about ux to start here.

By Soufyane H

Jan 3, 2022

هذه الدورة هي بداية تمهيدية لعالم تصميم تجربة المستخدم، وهي حقا تحتوي على كم ّهائل من المعلومات المفيدة، والتي تضعك على الطريق الصحيح لاستكشاف هذا المجال ومعرفة الأسس وأطر العمل المعمول بها عالميا من قبل المصممين الحترفين وحتى الشركات الكبيرة.

توفر هذه الدورة إنتقال سلسل وسهل بين مختلف الجوانب في مجال تصميم تجربة المستخدم، وتتبع اسلوب رائع في إيصال المعلومة من خلال مقاطع الفيديو والمقالات. حقيقة إستفدت كثيرا من هذه الدورة التي تعد مدخلا لعالم التصاميم وقد زادتني رغبة في متابعة بقية الدورات الستة للحصول على الشهادة النهائية.

By Muneeba

Apr 15, 2021

I loved everything about this course. I have taken other courses related to UX and I have also done some team projects but this foundational course still had a lot new that I could learn. It was so detailed but yet so specific. It gave me a roadmap on how I can do better and polish everything that I am doing and already know. It is helping us learn all the skills that we'll be needing in our journey to be great problem solvers.

Very excited to see what's next and learn a whole lot of new stuff. Google is the best, always!

By pj s

Jun 22, 2022

Such a great course! Before signing up for this, I had zero idea of what a UX designer was or even what user experience was. This gave me so much information without it feeling overwhelming. You will not get bored in this course, as it's very engaging. I love the fact that i can read along with the words, instead of just watching the person. I have ADHD and that definetly helps me keep my focus on what teh person was saying. Thank you so much for making these courses available to non-college educated people like myself.

By Hiu W ( W

Apr 12, 2021

A thorough introduction to UX. Google does a great job in leading beginners in the field and prepping them mentally for what it is like in the actual field. I love how everything is in my own pace and I won't be stressed about handing in things in a deadline as I balance the study with a full time job. The combination of videos, readings, task and quiz is a great learning method for someone like me who gets bored with the same learning style. Thank you Google and I look forward to learning more in the next course!

By Bolade

Jun 10, 2022

T​his course is a great foundational course. It is so well put togther. it's easy to understand and is the right stepping stone to get into the knowledge of UX. I love how the tutors where changed from time to time, i loved how enthusiastic they were in their communication, they made the lessons sound great and it was obvious they enjoyed talking about UX. It was always great to have ohter UX professionals share from their personal expereince in the course of the program. Basically, I enjoyed the course so much!!

By Tomás A

Jan 31, 2022

Provides a good overview of what UX Design is, what you can expect from jobs in the field and gives you enough content to complement on your own. (Of course you won't learn everything, but if you look for articles and material online you can get a solid foundation)

Also, the way everything is presented is super engaging and interesting, it had me fully connected and paying attention, taking notes as everything was valuable. Even knowing people's experiences in their journeys becoming a UXD have great value.

By Kainat A

Mar 18, 2022

I really enjoy the learning through this course. Before this course i was completely blank as UX designer, Now i'm litlle bit confident about some concepts: like what is UX, what is good UX, designers careers, Product development life cycle, Frameworks like: design thinking, user centered design, five elements of UX designs, lean UX , double diamond, inclusive, equity focusd design, universal design, design sprints, accessability, portfolio etc. These all things were great. Thanks Google, Thanks coursera.

By Nop C

Jun 29, 2021

Easy to understand the lesson. it's clear and very helpful for me who are new for UX design.

But would like to add some point on User experienceI found that it's dificult to notice that which stage or lesson we are looking at. Better to add color or something easy to notice. Given some scenario : When i go back to the previous and browse on the lesson and read content and would like to change lesson and then i tap the lesson that i reading because there is no icon or anything i can realize where am i now.

By Lea I

Mar 26, 2021

For a "Foundations of UX" part, is was very relevant, complete, concise, clear and a pleasant experience.

I was able to follow the course actively from the computer and from a phone (even if there were few bugs on smartphones). I would recommend this certification course, and I will continue, on my side, the next chapters. My goal is to complete the entire Google's certification path. There's a lot to do and I have no doubt it will be pleasant and rich. Thank you Google and Coursera for this opportunity.