Back to Foundations of User Experience (UX) Design

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Foundations of User Experience (UX) Design by Google

Foundations of User Experience (UX) Design is the first of a series of seven courses that will equip you with the skills needed to apply to entry-level jobs in user experience design. UX designers focus on the interactions that people have with products like websites, mobile apps, and physical objects. UX designers make those everyday interactions usable, enjoyable, and accessible. The role of an entry-level UX designer might include empathizing with users, defining their pain points, coming up with ideas for design solutions, creating wireframes, prototypes, and mockups, and testing designs to get feedback. Current UX designers and researchers at Google will serve as your instructors, and you will complete hands-on activities that simulate real-world UX design scenarios. Learners who complete the seven courses in this certificate program should be equipped to apply for entry-level jobs as UX designers. No previous experience is necessary. By the end of this course, you will be able to: - Define the field of UX and explain why it’s important for consumers and businesses. - Understand foundational concepts in UX design, such as user-centered design, the design process, accessibility, and equity-focused design. - Identify the factors that contribute to great user experience design. - Review common job responsibilities of entry-level UX designers and teams that they work with. - Explore job opportunities and career paths within the field of user experience. - Explain why design sprints are an important and useful part of a UX designer’s work. - Describe common UX research methods. - Identify and account for biases in UX research....

NB

Mar 11, 2022

It is a great course for beginners and people transitioning to UX/UI design career from other fields. It gives you a basic knowledge and information what UX design is and how to apply it in real life.

GP

Mar 27, 2022

First i have to tell the amount of effect and information than put in this course is great hell lot of information about UX Design. Now iam thinking that i have selected a best course offered about UX

5801 - 5825 of 6,354 Reviews for Foundations of User Experience (UX) Design

By Snežana M

Jun 24, 2022

It was nice, even tho I have some knowledge in UX there were mentioned things which were new for me

By Sonia S S

Jun 23, 2022

Week 4 on User Research was the most informative if you are looking for information on UX Research.

By Nick D

Jun 10, 2022

Content is a bit slow and dry in some places but gets better as it goes on. would def say 4.5 stars

By Wacera N

Nov 26, 2021

This course affirmed things I already knew, bringing more structure into my thinking as a designer.

By Andrew P

Oct 19, 2021

Wish organizing your portfolio was after when we complete the assignments to be able to upload them

By Brian B

Mar 24, 2021

Some test answers can seem like splitting hairs or a debatable opinion. Mostly the course was good.

By Christopher K

Apr 29, 2022

The comment section needs some serious help. Some people respond to prompts with one-word answers.

By Lavinia T

Jul 28, 2021

I have found my love (for UX design) here! Thank you Coursera and Google for the wonderful course.

By Yasmin N

Apr 24, 2021

Great introduction, but the large branding module would be more valuable to have at a later stage.

By Benedicta F B

Aug 31, 2021

The foundational course was enlightening. I look forward to completing the other course modules.

By Melissa R

Jun 23, 2021

Really good introduction to the job industry and what a UX designer need to learn to get started

By Jeremy V

Feb 4, 2022

Very good intro to UX Design. A lot of theory to get a good foundation, but not many exercises.

By kalyani s

May 6, 2021

Its Covers my basic foundation of ux design. thank you for this course it is valuable for me :)

By Sofía B

May 25, 2022

Lo único que me hubiera servido es sumar feedback con algun profesor o tutor durante el curso.

By Γεώργιος Χ

May 24, 2021

This first course was really interesting and we established the foundations of our UX career.

By marilyn c

Jun 8, 2022

I personally did not like the IAT and learning about the design strips or however you say it.

By Anastasia S

May 20, 2022

I would prefer people talking instead of reading the words, some of them looks like robots :D

By Yashi B

Feb 3, 2022

I'm not able to verify my ID as when I click to verify ID they bring me back to the home page

By gabbyy i

Jan 8, 2022

It's a nice introduction to UX DESIGN, but sometimes there are topics that repeat themselves.

By Devayani B

Sep 20, 2021

I found the course wonderful. Especially for creating personal brand, websites and portfolio

By Sara A

Sep 12, 2021

It was a great introduction to the UX field, I wish there were more examples to the process.

By Louise P

Jun 11, 2022

​very good and informativ. It did feel like there were out of order videos or i midded some

By Harit P

Jan 17, 2022

It is one of the best course I've completed. It helped learn the basics of UX from scratch.

By elena w

Dec 30, 2021

I would love to get more basic knowledge about UX principles. what makes a design good ect.

By Claire Z

Jun 6, 2022

Very rich information, and you do have to study hard to pass the exams with flying colors.