Back to Fundamentals of Network Communication

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Fundamentals of Network Communication by University of Colorado System

In this course, we trace the evolution of networks and identify the key concepts and functions that form the basis for layered architecture. We introduce examples of protocols and services that are familiar to the students, and we explain how these services are supported by networks. Further, we explain fundamental concepts in digital communication, and focus on error control techniques that include parity check, polynomial code, and Internet checksum. Students will be required to have some previous programming experience in C-programming (C++/Java), some fundamental knowledge of computer organization and IT architecture and a background in computer science is a plus....

AS
Jun 28, 2020

It is a good course to cover the basics computer networking. It is simple and the workload is less. Try to go through other sources simultaneously to get in-depth knowledge on the topic.

A
Aug 16, 2020

It was a very good start in Network communication.\n\nThe lectures, quizzes, and materials are designed in a very good manner to reach the end of the course with the needed fundamentals.

26 - 50 of 359 Reviews for Fundamentals of Network Communication

By Isha J

Apr 19, 2020

Great

By Bongani R X

May 2, 2020

I am not able to finish the course because I can only submit the next assignment only if i upgrade. That is why I have stagnated.

By chen x

Jan 7, 2018

Hope the professor not only just read the PPT, but provide more detailed explanations of the concept.

By Paolo C

Very hard to follow the professor, strong accent makes it complicate.

Some of the slides had spelling errors...

Slides are in PPT format, like in 2007... how about update to PPTX?

By Shakib A

Aug 25, 2019

Better details and more materials will be more helpful. Poor slides.

By Mohammed P K

Aug 15, 2021

Let me tell this honestly. The course structure and other features are all good and very useful. I am a visual learner and I preferred this online platform to learn for that reason. But, I am not able to understand what he says. I have to spend more time in understanding the words he use and thus I am not able to learn this course through video lessons. I appreciate his effort but i tried my level best to understand it and I am not able to.

By Daniel F S L

May 23, 2020

Very very very boring. Please don't waste your time. Instructor only reads slides.

By Abdullah A F

Jul 17, 2020

Worst teaching style. Just reading slides

By Aayush R

May 22, 2020

difficult to understand the professor

By Lucas B

Aug 27, 2018

This course contains content similar to the first few weeks of an undergraduate networking course (I had one ~7 years ago). The timelines are very relaxed and is easily completed in the 5 weeks. However, the content is DIFFICULT without a background in knowing how to study -- watch the lectures, read the slides, read the book, work through problems, and expand your mind. The lectures are top-notch and realize those alone, in any course EVER, are not enough to learn difficult content. The only downside is the lack of responses from anyone (including mods) on the discussion forums.

By shivaranjani g

Apr 29, 2021

I can't tell how this course helps me in my research work. I have learned a lot of things about network communication before this course from online, but that did not give the proper knowledge about network fundamental. But after this course, I am going to use this as my research reference. The to the point knowledge, accurate grade, all is just perfect. Thank you.

By Harsh D V

Jun 2, 2020

Nice course for beginners to learn about Computer Networks. This course is the first course from 4 courses of Computer Communications Specialization offered by the University of Colorado. Instructor Xiaobo Zhou is good at making students understand the concepts. You might find a little bit of a problem with his English pronunciation.

By Praveenkumar G

Aug 12, 2018

Studying the advancement of any area of technology will not only inspire your natural interest, it will also give you a deeper understanding of the main achievements in that are. It will make you aware of the existing trends, and help you to evaluate the prospects of specific developments.

This course all above said.

By Muhammad Y A

Sep 14, 2020

A great course!, I've learned so much about network communication, especially as an introduction, love the course, and the assignments!. You'll get the final exam as a peer-reviewed form. I think this is good for those who want to learn more about Computer Networks or will take similar courses in college.

By Adepoju A L

Jun 2, 2021

T​his was very informative and educational. Concepts were explained thoroughly that even a beginner could understand clearly the ideas behind the functioning of each components. Thank you so much Coursera for this course and a bigger thanks to the instructor.

By Said A M

May 9, 2020

All thanks to Coursera community for the wonderful course of Network Communication Fundamentals i have just completed my scholarship few hours ago during this corona virus pandemic and it was found interesting and beneficial.

By Güray Ç

Mar 18, 2018

It is a great course. The chapters amazed me. It made me to decide learn socket programming. I know my network skills will be improved after finish this course.

By Vamanapalli B P

Nov 7, 2019

I learned many things from this course thanks for coursera ....

understanding students who cann't with money providing free financial aid...

thank you so much..

By Rashid G

May 5, 2020

I am university Student this course very help full to know about networking. And now i very easy clear my networking course in university....

By Dr. V K P

Course is very good for learner of Communication Network. It gives complete insight of hardware and software parts of Communication Network.

By Tarun G

Jul 30, 2020

it was helpful for me and it was easy for me cover it really quick since i have been studying about this for the last week or so in my uni.

By Nguyễn V Đ

Oct 5, 2020

This course is very useful .It's providing a lot of the information for my major.

I want to say thanks all of you who make this course.

By Rodolpho A M

Jul 14, 2020

Great course! Definitely will help in my Cyber Security Career! Thanks to professor Zhou for the easy to understand explanations.

By ZERAYINES L W

Aug 4, 2020

best course for me because i got unexpected knoeledge from this course . thanks for my instracture and all coursera helpers.

By bharath h

Apr 14, 2020

A very good course learned amazing things. Thank you university of colorado and thank you coursera for such a great course.