Back to Fundamentals of Graphic Design

GA

Aug 21, 2018

Very interesting, I liked the format. Easy to follow, nice excercises. It's actually good to cover the basics of design, even if you are not an absolute beginner, and especially if you are self taught

FS

Jul 14, 2020

Excellent course to learn and refresh about fundamentals of design....It applies to all spheres of MULTIMEDIA..Highly recommended... As a suggestion course and notes should be available in PDF format.

2476 - 2500 of 2,883 Reviews for Fundamentals of Graphic Design

By Kara A R

Oct 19, 2020

I found no issue with the course in terms of content, materials and assignments. However, I do wish there was a way to balance the peer-reviewed work as I've people who've misunderstood the brief multiple times. One even graded incorrectly.

By Ranjit R

This course is great to learn about the fundamentals of graphic design. I learned about the basics of typography and how to work with shapes and patterns. If you are about to start to learn graphic design then this course is for you.

By Claudia N M S

Jul 24, 2020

the material from the Calarts are great, the lecturer also teach us very well. a little concern is with the fellow student. i sometime get a peer review that don't really help me to point out my strength and weakness in my work.

By Sakina H J

Aug 21, 2016

Its a great course to start understanding the basics of design and know what graphic design is all about. the lectures are very well explained and the assignments are all very easy to complete.

Its a very well structured course.

By Ruben S

Feb 09, 2016

It is a great course, simple yet complete. However, it would be nice if we had more contact with our lecturers, and if they graded our assignments instead of other classmates. They are not as experienced as our teachers are.

By Deborah M

Jan 23, 2017

I really loved this course, it really pushes you forward to create and it is a really good course for beginners. I would only love for the review part to be more

challenging in order to get better at your work in the future

By Laura B

Mar 06, 2016

I loved the course, although I think the instructions for various briefs should be more precise and/or someone should be available to clarify the instructions and answer any questions from students (regarding the briefs).

By Anthony J S

Jan 22, 2016

Four stars, because there is always room for improvement. But this is a well structured course and gives a great grounding for anyone looking at graphic design.

Thanks to those who put this course together, great work.

By Kelly L

Mar 05, 2018

Good information, wish there were more assignments and perhaps multiple presenters. This class is part of a specialization, so you can not get the certificate for completion unless you join the specialization.

By Anastassiya R

Dec 12, 2016

I found the course rather interesting and useful for the beginners in graphic design, however I think the students need the feedback from the instructor. I missed some professional critic during the course.

By erin n

Oct 07, 2020

The course itself was well done, however the peer review is useless. Only one person actually made a comment beyone "good". So it makes it difficult to grow when there is no feedback at all on the work.

By Alan S

May 28, 2017

I liked the course as a beginner to graphic design and I would recommend it for everyone. Maybe to be perfect I would like it to include more examples and technical classes, but it was definitely worthy.

By Sheena P

Feb 02, 2017

This Course has opened my eyes to different simple concepts I had forgotten or not quiet understood until now. I am going to work through all of the 5 coursed for Graphic design. this was a great start.

By Sandrine C

Jan 08, 2016

The fundamentals, like the title says. Very well explaineI wish there was more info on what software to use for the assignments for those of us more used to traditional mediums rather than digital.

By Danielle E

Sep 13, 2020

I think this course is fun to learn the fundamentals of design and how to apply it in Graphic Design. It is good for those who are new or want to refresh on the basics and have extra practice.

By Mariia A

Aug 16, 2018

It would be great if you also include some Adobe Illustrator basics into the curriculum, rather than that I had lots of fun learning with you and acquiring new skills in design and typography.

By Feste I

Jun 03, 2019

In terms of lectures, it was a great course. I undoubtedly learned a lot and enjoyed it. The last star is missing since I wish there was a bit more interaction among people taking the course.

By M Z

Mar 17, 2019

This is a very fundamental and inspiring courser for those who are new to the area of graphic design. It is not just about technical skills but instead, it focuses on explore and experiment.

By Aniruddha M

Jun 03, 2020

Quite in-depth course on the Fundamentals of Graphic Design, beautifully broken down into small components. Perfect for beginners and students interested to start learning Graphic Design.

By Lara L

Jan 19, 2020

Gave me an okay, very basic understanding of basic concepts. I feel like a good chunk was missing though as I've been going through a separate free course which was much more in depth.

By Michelle L

Oct 30, 2016

Great overview of graphic design for someone who does not have any experience in this area. Encourages creativity and new ways of thinking about every day objects and representations.

By Catharina M M K

Jan 24, 2018

I liked this course a lot - great basic information. The voice sometimes was a little too monotone and sometimes it was too slow (at least for me, everyone perceives it differently).

By Mrudula

Oct 24, 2020

This course really helped me cover up the basics that I could not learn in my college and let me understand what graphic design is based on. It expanded my knowledge on the subject.

By ANANDITA R

Sep 14, 2020

Fundamentals of Graphic Design is the right path for anyone looking forward to entering the graphic design arena. The course is well-structured and the assignments are very helpful.