Back to Fundamentals of Graphic Design

CS

May 10, 2018

An ok course for beginners. A bit too basic for someone who has already had experience in design, but is great anyway cause it breaks things back down to the simplest parts to help you remember roots.

GA

Aug 21, 2018

Very interesting, I liked the format. Easy to follow, nice excercises. It's actually good to cover the basics of design, even if you are not an absolute beginner, and especially if you are self taught

1376 - 1400 of 1,455 Reviews for Fundamentals of Graphic Design

By Mandella E

Dec 26, 2017

Even though this is a beginner course, I feel it could have been a bit more challenging.

By Janaina L V

Dec 04, 2017

student's support should be better, they take long time to answer our doubts.

By Collin F

Nov 04, 2017

The lecturer was inspiring and very well spoken. The assignments emphasized the need to create many different iterations which I feel is a valuable habit to understand from the very beginning. In general I felt that I took a lot away from the course that I could easily apply to my work as a game designer / product person.

By Catharina M M K

Jan 24, 2018

I liked this course a lot - great basic information. The voice sometimes was a little too monotone and sometimes it was too slow (at least for me, everyone perceives it differently).

By Bruno C B M

Sep 20, 2017

Very Good for beginners!

By Kimberley P

Apr 02, 2018

great intro to the fundamentals with enjoyable exercises

By Teri L

May 24, 2018

Really easy-to-understand course, for people who would like to know the very basic things about graphic design. It teaches you he terminologies to build the base of a beginner designer and shows how it can affect different artworks. This course is encouraging you to simply "MAKE DESIGN!" and bring out your inner-creativity, especially through the somewhat open-ended assignments that only require something like Word, or even your pencils at home as the minimum. Definitely recommend it if you're only coming into the graphics design world :)

By Erick A R A d l S

Jan 17, 2018

Basic but good course. The optional assignments should be required to rise the course level and feedback.

By Mustafa A K

Mar 18, 2018

Great in-depth subjective lessons. They really help me deepen into the subject (using plenty of examples) and support me with my thoughts on the assignments. I would only improve the way the lessons were organized, and maybe make the assignments a bit more challenging?

Other than that, great course!

By Roger X M

Apr 01, 2019

very useful.

By Jordan W

Mar 25, 2019

A broad and well made start in graphic design.

By Feste I

Jun 03, 2019

In terms of lectures, it was a great course. I undoubtedly learned a lot and enjoyed it. The last star is missing since I wish there was a bit more interaction among people taking the course.

By Anshika A

Jun 08, 2019

Quite Interactive and cooperative.. Thank you Coursera...

By Yusuf S

Jun 10, 2019

Good course for beginners.

By 艾美姝

Jun 24, 2019

Good introduction to graphic design

By 谢文琴

Jun 27, 2019

A good course to get the basics of Graphic Design.

By Huon S

Jul 13, 2019

Great course! I would really have like to have had some more time covering composition.

By Hassan M

Jul 14, 2019

I am learning very well due to this course.

It includes Basic ideas of graphic designing.

By Ramon A K G

Jul 29, 2019

Simple concepts are introduced but taking this course allowed me to further my creativity and practice my skills in graphic design.

By Samara K

Aug 04, 2019

I really enjoyed learning the basics of graphic design and image-making. I definitely see myself utilizing and applying this knowledge in my further endeavours with graphic design.

By Hari H S R

Aug 05, 2019

This course is arguably the best starter for getting started with communication design as a practice. It was an insightful and productive experience. I would recommend Fundamentals of Graphic Design to anyone with aspiration for design in general.

By guy k

Apr 26, 2019

The course is great. It is very basic, yet still helps to clarify some areas even for a more experienced users. it did make me practice and understand fundamentals. The grading system and requirements can be improved. Maybe a video about reviewing others work will help to give it more importance, and in my opinion all of the assignment should be a requirement for the completion of the course. That might give more weight to the critics of optional assignments.

By India W

Aug 18, 2019

This course helped teach me the basics of graphic design. I have done graphics for GCSE and currently doing A-Level but I wasn't taught the basic theories of things, like layout and composition. My favourite part was the typography section, with the extra briefs being fun and interesting to do.