Back to What future for education?

Learner Reviews & Feedback for What future for education? by University of London

Through this course you will start to critically examine your own ideas about education, teaching and learning. The critique will be developed through engagement with theories and ideas developed through educational research. You will be encouraged to use these ideas to challenge or support your own ideas about education. Each week we will focus on one key question, using video lectures, key readings and challenges to explore some commonplace notions about education. With the guidance of the course team, you will be asked to use these ideas to critically reflect on your own understandings and experience. By the end of the course, you will have developed a personal response to the main question: what is your preferred future for education?...

TA
Jan 7, 2020

Very good course. I enjoyed it from the moment I started. Just one review, some of the talks were too long, and not very integrating. Try to create a better variety of different learning materials.

EM
Sep 7, 2016

A really excellent course - well delivered, informative and insightful. I would highly recommend this for anyone working within the education space, whether a new practitioner or experienced.

126 - 150 of 196 Reviews for What future for education?

By Steve O

Jun 27, 2020

The course is more than eye opener

By Victor H L O

Feb 17, 2016

thanks

By sivaguru m

Jul 9, 2020

Good

By elliezhou

Mar 26, 2018

good

By Jocelyn L

Nov 11, 2019

This is the first time I experienced the learning from foreign schools. I like the pre-class thinking and after-class reflection sessions. It evoked my own thinking on the topics, which left me more inspirations.

One thing that I am not so comfortable is the interviews in 5 weeks. These interviews are mainly focused on one topic in each interview but they seem to me that the answers are not well organized and the points are sometimes separate so that each point cannot go deep. This is one part that I hope could be improved.

However, I do appreciate the contribution of Dr. Clare Brooks and her colleagues as well as the free online platform Coursera. Thinking about education from intelligence to government brings me a whole picture about education and provides me many new perspectives to see education.

For my own part, barely finished this course, I hope I will do better in the following courses on aspects of submitting homework on-time and treating homework more seriously.

Deeply thanks to the ones who bring this course to us.