Back to Introduction to Game Design

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Introduction to Game Design by California Institute of the Arts

Welcome! This course is an introduction to the primary concepts of gaming, and an exploration of how these basic concepts affect the way gamers interact with our games. In this course you will understand what defines a “game” and the mechanics and rules behind different types of games. Through four linked assignments you'll learn ways to create and describe a game concept, and specifically what makes a compelling game. This course focuses on the conceptual underpinnings of games, and all assignments can be completed with a pencil and paper – no previous programming knowledge is required....

TN
Apr 12, 2020

I really loved doing this course. Learnt how to make a simple game and make it really interesting! I loved how the easily the instructor was able to teach us and make us curious throughout the course.

DG
Feb 12, 2020

The lecture videos from Professor Fran and his old friend were surprisingly entertaining. Kudos to the team because they were able to make it fun, informative, and engaging throughout the four weeks.

276 - 300 of 676 Reviews for Introduction to Game Design

By 罗杰

Apr 19, 2018

Simple course, but useful to me. I learn how to start game design by a correct direction.

By Cesar P

Jul 26, 2017

Love the teacher and the content. I Really enjoy the course from the beginning to the end

By Joshua A

Jan 20, 2021

I like this course it has helped me in some ways. Now I know the basics of game design.

By Timothy O

Sep 16, 2017

I loved this class - though as my first exposure to critiquing it was a bit of a shock.

By Ahmad I

Jan 24, 2017

Awesome Course to kick off the Game Design world. Highly recommend for the game lovers.

By Alex M

Nov 3, 2016

Good teacher. You get a the best out of the course by taking the assignments seriously.

By Zheng L

Jun 22, 2018

a good course to motivate you to design game without need to know programming and arts

By Francisco J B V

Apr 2, 2020

Excellent course, everyone that want to create a videogame needs to take this course.

By Barnabás N

Feb 29, 2016

Basic introduction, if you don't know anything about game design this is your chance!

By Irina C

Oct 1, 2015

A great course for beginners. The teacher makes it easy to follow and fun. I love it!

By Catarina S C

Sep 24, 2020

I loved it! It is very simple and basic, the ideal for someone who is just starting.

By Pieter S

Apr 4, 2017

Engaging and interesting! This is by far the best online course that I've ever done!

By Alessandro G

Oct 21, 2015

This course is fun, enlightening and stimulating; the lessons are clear and concise.

By Karik J

Sep 25, 2015

OMG! Such a great oportunity to me, i'm a web programming studant, maybe some day!!

By Sergio A S M

Oct 1, 2020

It was a great time. I learned many things about one of my favorite topics: games.

By Rodrigo A Z V

Apr 29, 2021

Aprendí lo básico sobre los videojuegos que se que me sera muy útil en el futuro.

Feb 8, 2021

It was an excellent start for someone like me who had no experience in the field.

By Deniz S

Jun 8, 2020

Best course to build a comprehensive foundation for you game development journey!

By Simon L

Aug 28, 2021

Everything was super well done. I learned so much and had a great time doing it!

By João P R d O

Apr 7, 2020

Awesome classes, great teaching method, just a really really good course overall

By Angel C

Sep 2, 2020

Precise and direct, a very nice introduction to Game Design, good fundamentals.

By Lucas G d S

Jun 14, 2016

Really amazing this fist step on this road! On the end I have my own boardgame.

By Tiana D

Sep 17, 2018

Great course, learnt a lot, especially from the assignments and peer feedback.

By Hank

Oct 23, 2015

Excellent! The teacher is just so lovely.I love this guy and enjoy this couse!

By David M

Sep 2, 2019

Very enjoyable course with a dynamic teaching method that kept me interested.