Back to Welcome to Game Theory

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Welcome to Game Theory by The University of Tokyo

This course provides a brief introduction to game theory. Our main goal is to understand the basic ideas behind the key concepts in game theory, such as equilibrium, rationality, and cooperation. The course uses very little mathematics, and it is ideal for those who are looking for a conceptual introduction to game theory. Business competition, political campaigns, the struggle for existence by animals and plants, and so on, can all be regarded as a kind of “game,” in which individuals try to do their best against others. Game theory provides a general framework to describe and analyze how individuals behave in such “strategic” situations. This course focuses on the key concepts in game theory, and attempts to outline the informal basic ideas that are often hidden behind mathematical definitions. Game theory has been applied to a number of disciplines, including economics, political science, psychology, sociology, biology, and computer science. Therefore, a warm welcome is extended to audiences from all fields who are interested in what game theory is all about....

RR

This course is amazing for beginners for no prior knowledge about game theory. I especially love the recommendations given at the end of the courses and the honour problems given in the course.

FR
Sep 15, 2020

I enjoyed this course a lot. It gives a very good theoretical background to the concepts of game theory as well as providing extra challenges for people with more of a maths background.

76 - 100 of 395 Reviews for Welcome to Game Theory

By ARYA V

Aug 17, 2020

The Fantastic course of game theory for beginners such as me. I learned many several theories and facts while completing this course. Thank you.

By Andre F B

Mar 5, 2016

It1s a wonderfull course, the lectures are very clear, and you just have to have some discipline to learn the basics of game theory.

Good Job

By akhilesh a

Apr 6, 2016

It was a great learning experience! I would like to thank Coursera team and University of Tokyo from developing such an insightful course.

By Nancy W

Aug 20, 2017

Well and carefully presented. Would like to have had more practice problems and also a recommended text. I would recommend this course.

By Marco A R d A

Feb 17, 2021

It was my first English course and I was learning a lot, the professor is a very nice man! I'm grateful for all knowledges. Thanks

By Sarojkant S

Aug 31, 2020

Excellent to Begin with and hop on to higher math! Practical examples and simplifying the abstract concepts in the most lucid way!

By 민수 김

Oct 9, 2016

It's very nice that I can learn game theory very easy. He teaches about concept of game theory very well by using many situation.

By SCHIFRA D 1

Such a fantastic course, I thoroughly enjoyed it and I recommend this for anyone who is even remotely interested in game theory.

By Rin T

Jun 20, 2018

Love this course! Really engaging and easy to understand for someone like me who doesn't have a advanced math background!

By Sebastian

Dec 15, 2016

I find this course a very good primer for introducing Game Theory to someone who has zero prior knowledge on this topic.

By Steve H

Sep 21, 2019

This course was very interesting, a bit difficult, but I learned a lot of things that will come in handy in my career.

By Samanth D

Jan 24, 2021

Excellent overview. A very neat summary introduction to how Game Theory can be used on Social and Biological sciences

By JORGE E M L V

Mar 24, 2019

Muy bueno este curso de verdad que te da una introducción a la Teoría de Juegos me gustó mucho y se aprende bastante

By Neelam G

Jun 29, 2020

This was one the best course and I will use the knowledge in my teaching.

Thank you so much Michihiro and Cousera.

By Arda Ü

Jul 14, 2017

I learnt that I could use mathematical thinkings for daily problems. It was a wonderful course that I recommend

By Mark S F J

May 23, 2020

I LOVED THIS COURSE! I also loved Michihiro Kandori and his ways of explaining the course topics.

Thank you!

By Sohaib

Jul 12, 2020

Amazing content for anyone who wants to start learning about Game theory without any prior knowledge of it.

By Noé A V

Mar 20, 2019

Fue un curso muy interesante, yo lo recomendaría a la gente que estudia sobre finanzas, economía y negocios

By Alala M Z B h

Oct 13, 2020

Very informative and deep introduction to game theory. Thanks so much Coursera and Prof. Michihiro Kandori

By Ayman

Nov 28, 2020

Well taught game theory course. Using this for my undergraduate application to Cambridge for Economics :)

By Carlos E d A M

Aug 24, 2020

Great course, simple to understand and with a lot of practical examples to show how real is this subject

By 葉紋

Nov 8, 2016

Dear Professor, I found your lectures quite inspiring. I reaaly enjoy your introduction on game theory.

By Regina C

Dec 9, 2020

Good explanations and a lot of examples show you what game theory is about . Thanks Prof. Recommended.

By SUN L

Nov 26, 2020

A good beginner's course for game theory. The course is interesting and useful and easy to understand.

By Reshob R

Sep 30, 2020

WOW!! Really enjoyed this course. Learned a lot about decision-making in social situations. Thank you.