Back to Welcome to Game Theory

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Welcome to Game Theory by The University of Tokyo

This course provides a brief introduction to game theory. Our main goal is to understand the basic ideas behind the key concepts in game theory, such as equilibrium, rationality, and cooperation. The course uses very little mathematics, and it is ideal for those who are looking for a conceptual introduction to game theory. Business competition, political campaigns, the struggle for existence by animals and plants, and so on, can all be regarded as a kind of “game,” in which individuals try to do their best against others. Game theory provides a general framework to describe and analyze how individuals behave in such “strategic” situations. This course focuses on the key concepts in game theory, and attempts to outline the informal basic ideas that are often hidden behind mathematical definitions. Game theory has been applied to a number of disciplines, including economics, political science, psychology, sociology, biology, and computer science. Therefore, a warm welcome is extended to audiences from all fields who are interested in what game theory is all about....

RR

This course is amazing for beginners for no prior knowledge about game theory. I especially love the recommendations given at the end of the courses and the honour problems given in the course.

VV

Apr 19, 2020

very good introductory course! for a more theoretical understanding of what game theory is about. some interesting applications were brought up to illustrate the types of games as well.

76 - 100 of 352 Reviews for Welcome to Game Theory

By SCHIFRA D 1

Such a fantastic course, I thoroughly enjoyed it and I recommend this for anyone who is even remotely interested in game theory.

By Shuting D

Jun 20, 2018

Love this course! Really engaging and easy to understand for someone like me who doesn't have a advanced math background!

By Sebastian

Dec 16, 2016

I find this course a very good primer for introducing Game Theory to someone who has zero prior knowledge on this topic.

By Steve H

Sep 22, 2019

This course was very interesting, a bit difficult, but I learned a lot of things that will come in handy in my career.

By Samanth D

May 01, 2020

Excellent overview. A very neat summary introduction to how Game Theory can be used on Social and Biological sciences

By JORGE E M L V

Mar 24, 2019

Muy bueno este curso de verdad que te da una introducción a la Teoría de Juegos me gustó mucho y se aprende bastante

By Neelam G

Jun 29, 2020

This was one the best course and I will use the knowledge in my teaching.

Thank you so much Michihiro and Cousera.

By Arda Ü

Jul 14, 2017

I learnt that I could use mathematical thinkings for daily problems. It was a wonderful course that I recommend

By Mark S F J

May 23, 2020

I LOVED THIS COURSE! I also loved Michihiro Kandori and his ways of explaining the course topics.

Thank you!

By Sohaib

Jul 12, 2020

Amazing content for anyone who wants to start learning about Game theory without any prior knowledge of it.

By Noé A V P

Mar 20, 2019

Fue un curso muy interesante, yo lo recomendaría a la gente que estudia sobre finanzas, economía y negocios

By Alala M Z B h

Oct 13, 2020

Very informative and deep introduction to game theory. Thanks so much Coursera and Prof. Michihiro Kandori

By Carlos E d A M

Aug 24, 2020

Great course, simple to understand and with a lot of practical examples to show how real is this subject

By 葉紋

Nov 08, 2016

Dear Professor, I found your lectures quite inspiring. I reaaly enjoy your introduction on game theory.

By Reshob R

Sep 30, 2020

WOW!! Really enjoyed this course. Learned a lot about decision-making in social situations. Thank you.

By 刘锦峄 J L

Apr 20, 2018

Really enjoy this course and hope UTokyo can establish more and more economic lessons here. ありがと!う

By Young H S

Oct 09, 2020

This course helped me arrange all the vague ideas and thoughts in a systematic and logical manner

By Umme H P

Oct 08, 2020

Absolutely loved the course! Hoping to do more courses from the lecturer and University of Tokyo

By Ricardo F

Nov 01, 2016

Very good introduction to game theory. The content is well presented, clear and nicely organized

By Md. A H

May 06, 2020

It was an awesome course..Teacher was very flexible and every lecturer was better to understand

By Joel G

May 31, 2018

Clear, concise explanations and good examples. The suggested further reading list is great too.

By Yunus Ç

Jun 21, 2020

I learned a lot of new information in a different area and this made me very happy. Thank you.

By John S

Jan 14, 2016

amazing, it rlly halped mi overstand the importance of strategies even in social situations.

By DIEGO F S C

Jul 06, 2020

It is a fantastic course. I recommend it for anyone who wants to learn about this topic.

By Ardra A K

Jul 10, 2020

Very wonderful class by the professor, explained in a simple and easy to grasp manner