Back to Gamification

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Gamification by University of Pennsylvania

Gamification is the application of game elements and digital game design techniques to non-game problems, such as business and social impact challenges. This course will teach you the mechanisms of gamification, why it has such tremendous potential, and how to use it effectively. For additional information on the concepts described in the course, you can purchase Professor Werbach's book For the Win: How Game Thinking Can Revolutionize Your Business in print or ebook format in several languages....

BM
Jun 16, 2017

Very structured and interesting class about gamification. Kevin is a very engaging teacher and this course was perfect introduction to gamification. I highly recommend the course. Thank you very much!

FL
May 22, 2019

Excellent course! I found it very useful. It really builds a super strong foundation to think about this User Motivation and UX. The word Gamification is something that some people like and some hate.

76 - 100 of 677 Reviews for Gamification

By Vazgen B

Dec 15, 2016

This is an extremely good and comprehensive introduction to Gamification. By the end of the course, you learn enough and even more to apply game elements to your real-life business and life challenges. I wish the course was updated though (some of the content is slightly outdated).

By Robertas S

Mar 14, 2016

The essentials of today's business logic. After 15 years in advertising strategy I rarely encounter better courses than this. Well structured, challenging tempo (at times), fantastic assignments. Handouts not the best thought, so prepare not to rely on them and make notes yourself.

By Colin R

Sep 6, 2017

Really, really enjoyed this course. Didn't think when I started it, that it would have the depth that it did, but was pleasantly surprised. Professor Werbach is a superb speaker - natural and confident. This course has really opened my mind and broadened my thinking. Brilliant. :)

By Arturo B

Jan 15, 2016

Very rich course with loads of content, very useful insight. Very comprehensive and comprehensible, it follows an easy to understand structure and provides the learner with rich knowledge of the subject. The concepts are well-explained and it is made interesting by the speaker.

By Irma R

Dec 16, 2015

The best course on Coursera from all that I was already participate into! Lectures are interesting, tests are shaped nicely and related to the course material very well, and assignments were the most fun - pretty hard, but interesting, challenging and useful. Thanks a lot!

By David A

Sep 9, 2017

Fantastic insight into the basics of gamification including its theories, psychological background, history and a lot of practical examples. Prof Warberg is a passionate and smart presenter. Not bored for one second and managed to stay all motivated throughout the course.

By Miras K

Apr 15, 2020

I found this course to be great as for beginners and for someone who is already familiar with gamification. This course is well-managed and thought through. Assignments are interesting and not meaningless.

I enjoyed spending this 6 weeks with Professor Werbach. Thank you!

By Carlos A

Nov 16, 2016

Great course with a serious discussion of gamification topics , it addresses both its advantages and pitfalls. Kevin is a great professor that explains concepts clearly and in a fun way. The course interviews are relevant. Looking forward to a more advanced level course.

By Juan E T Q

Sep 23, 2017

ME SIENTO ORGULLOSO DE HABER PARTICIPADO EN ESTE CURSO Y EMPEZAR APLICAR, DISEÑAR, Y DESARROLLAR, COMPROBAR, CONSTATAR Y POSTULAR NUEVOS CAMBIOS SOBRE LA GAMIFICACION QUE SE HA DESARROLLADO EN ESTE CURSO¡¡¡¡ FELICITO AL PHD. KEBIN WERBACH POR ESTA OPORTUNIDAD, GRACIAS.

By Jose A

Sep 21, 2016

Un curso muy completo y muy ameno para entender las implicaciones de la Ludificaciòn. Werbach revisa en este curso temas que van desde la diversiòn en el quehacer humano, hasta la motivaciòn como elemento indispensable en la Ludificaciòn. Completamente recomendable.

By Francisco L S

Jan 17, 2016

The course helped me clarify my understanding of gamification as an emerging field of study. Not only that, it gave me a set of tools to actually apply gamification to my current endeavors. All this while enjoying the material and professor Kevin's teaching style.

By Samuel P R

Aug 17, 2020

This course was amazing. It gave me the tools to not only apply critical thinking into gamification and the use of game elements in various non game-like structures, but also provided me with a helpful framework to develop gamified systems.

By Svetlana Z

May 4, 2017

I am trying to apply some gamification techniques at work now (Gamification project for Retail department) and this course really helped me to overcome some obstacles and to think of some new ideas on how to make this experience better.

Thank you very much!

By Francisco C

Aug 30, 2020

it's my first course on coursera. i don't have reference to compare with, but i found it interesting, and complete. It helped me to understand better how to motivate people. My field is education so i'll use many of the contents explained in this course.

By PRAJAKTA M S

Mar 25, 2018

This course has been very interesting throughout. It helped me gain a lot of knowledge and give a direction to my thought process in this domain. I am certain I can apply these learnings in my future professional journey. Thanks to wharton and coursera.

By Shuting Y

Mar 12, 2016

The course is not too hard and it's very suitable for the beginners!

You'll learn the concept of the gamification systimatically and comprehensively.

The three assignment are worth to give it a try, and you'll learn how to apply this knowledge in reality.

By arnaud m

Oct 30, 2016

This course is exceptional, full of discovery and learning. Even if you just make pure fun games for entertainment, I believe there are lots of valuable lessons in here to guide you toward making something that follows conventions and is attractive.

By Eriko S

Oct 20, 2017

This course is a great introduction to familiarize yourself with the rudiments of gamification. It covers the basic elements and is taught really well. The assignments and exams are reasonably challenging as well! I'd highly recommend this course.

By Gautam G

May 5, 2016

This course add a new dimension in my career. It changes my thoughts I really appreciate and recommended this course. Special thanks to Professor Kevin Werbach to offer such rich course materials and share his remarkable thoughts on Gamification.

By Hugo C

May 2, 2019

Um curso excelente! Aplicado de maneira maestral pelo professor.

Não pensei que é fácil assimilar os conceitos envolvidos, pois são muitos, do mesmo modo que é um verdadeiro desafio aplica-los à prática.Mas é possível e muito divertido tudo isso,

By Joice F B

Aug 7, 2020

I really enjoyed the course, it opened new doors for me. I think the rating system needs to be improved. The evaluation made by colleagues is not always correct. Coursera can improve its assignment rating system, including using gamification.

By Regina K

Jul 26, 2017

A very comprehensive and enlightening course containing a lot of helpful examples and very well explained by the teacher. I strongly recommend this course to everybody who wants to get a good understanding on gamification and its application.

By Jasper Z

Feb 13, 2016

Absolutely enjoyed learning about Gamification! Kevin explaines every aspect very well and it made me learn how to think as a game designer. I'm definately going to use my knowledge in practical situations! Thanks for all, I learned a lot!

By Martyna C

Feb 9, 2016

This course was extremely informative, eye-opening and pleasureable. I've learned a lot during these 6 weeks. I strongly recommend this coure for everyone because it's not only about business but also about self development and motivation.

By Flor E C M

Jul 6, 2020

Excelente el contenido y metodología del curso. Brinda las herramientas para estructurar y desarrollar un sistema gamificado. Utiliza diferentes recursos pedagógicos y con información actualizada de las últimas tendencias en gamificación.