Back to Gamification

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Gamification by University of Pennsylvania

Gamification is the application of game elements and digital game design techniques to non-game problems, such as business and social impact challenges. This course will teach you the mechanisms of gamification, why it has such tremendous potential, and how to use it effectively. For additional information on the concepts described in the course, you can purchase Professor Werbach's book For the Win: How Game Thinking Can Revolutionize Your Business in print or ebook format in several languages....

FL
May 22, 2019

Excellent course! I found it very useful. It really builds a super strong foundation to think about this User Motivation and UX. The word Gamification is something that some people like and some hate.

BM
Jun 16, 2017

Very structured and interesting class about gamification. Kevin is a very engaging teacher and this course was perfect introduction to gamification. I highly recommend the course. Thank you very much!

101 - 125 of 713 Reviews for Gamification

By Francisco C

Aug 30, 2020

it's my first course on coursera. i don't have reference to compare with, but i found it interesting, and complete. It helped me to understand better how to motivate people. My field is education so i'll use many of the contents explained in this course.

By prajakta s

Mar 25, 2018

This course has been very interesting throughout. It helped me gain a lot of knowledge and give a direction to my thought process in this domain. I am certain I can apply these learnings in my future professional journey. Thanks to wharton and coursera.

By Shuting Y

Mar 12, 2016

The course is not too hard and it's very suitable for the beginners!

You'll learn the concept of the gamification systimatically and comprehensively.

The three assignment are worth to give it a try, and you'll learn how to apply this knowledge in reality.

By arnaud m

Oct 30, 2016

This course is exceptional, full of discovery and learning. Even if you just make pure fun games for entertainment, I believe there are lots of valuable lessons in here to guide you toward making something that follows conventions and is attractive.

By Eriko S

Oct 20, 2017

This course is a great introduction to familiarize yourself with the rudiments of gamification. It covers the basic elements and is taught really well. The assignments and exams are reasonably challenging as well! I'd highly recommend this course.

By Gautam G

May 5, 2016

This course add a new dimension in my career. It changes my thoughts I really appreciate and recommended this course. Special thanks to Professor Kevin Werbach to offer such rich course materials and share his remarkable thoughts on Gamification.

By Hugo C

May 2, 2019

Um curso excelente! Aplicado de maneira maestral pelo professor.

Não pensei que é fácil assimilar os conceitos envolvidos, pois são muitos, do mesmo modo que é um verdadeiro desafio aplica-los à prática.Mas é possível e muito divertido tudo isso,

By Joice F B

Aug 7, 2020

I really enjoyed the course, it opened new doors for me. I think the rating system needs to be improved. The evaluation made by colleagues is not always correct. Coursera can improve its assignment rating system, including using gamification.

By Regina K

Jul 26, 2017

A very comprehensive and enlightening course containing a lot of helpful examples and very well explained by the teacher. I strongly recommend this course to everybody who wants to get a good understanding on gamification and its application.

By Jane A

Mar 19, 2021

I'm really grateful for Coursera for this opportunity and also I'm grateful for University and for my teacher Kevin Werbach. That was my first and great experience through Coursera. I had motivation to come back again and again for studying.

By Jasper Z

Feb 13, 2016

Absolutely enjoyed learning about Gamification! Kevin explaines every aspect very well and it made me learn how to think as a game designer. I'm definately going to use my knowledge in practical situations! Thanks for all, I learned a lot!

By Martyna C

Feb 9, 2016

This course was extremely informative, eye-opening and pleasureable. I've learned a lot during these 6 weeks. I strongly recommend this coure for everyone because it's not only about business but also about self development and motivation.

By Flor E C M

Jul 6, 2020

Excelente el contenido y metodología del curso. Brinda las herramientas para estructurar y desarrollar un sistema gamificado. Utiliza diferentes recursos pedagógicos y con información actualizada de las últimas tendencias en gamificación.

By Alexander G

Mar 5, 2019

Great course! Very useful. It's really important that you disuss not only advantages of gamifification but also limits and threats. I wish the course soon would be more up to date. Thanks a lot for this profound and very practical course!

By Santiago L E

May 8, 2017

Disfrute mucho aprendiendo sobre este tema. Las últimas 2 semanas ya se iba haciendo duro sacar el tiempo para terminar el curso. Uno comienza muy animado pero al final, aunque los temas son interesantes, otras cosas se vuelven prioridad.

By Matheus V

Jan 9, 2018

Muito bem estruturado e explicado, o professor aborda extremamente bem os temas e de forma clara com os exemplos bem detalhados, eu gostei bastante do curso e recomendaria com certeza para alguém que queira saber mais sobre gamficação.

By Sergii Z

Dec 15, 2015

Great course. Professor Werbach gives materials with lots of excitement and explains everything with great details and examples. I've passed the course twice (second time for Coursera Certificate) and both time it was great experience.

By Kadri A

Dec 21, 2015

Excellent course if you want to get an overview but also jump into some detail. The lecturer is really good and explaines everything very well, uses a lot of examples which makes it even easier to understand. Good assignements, too!

By Catia R

Dec 18, 2017

For those who want to start to better understand and use the gamification system, this course is very interesting because it covers in a general way all the concepts related to the system. The tasks performed were very interesting.

By Alexander E L

Feb 14, 2016

El profesor Kevin Werbach, nos entrega un inglés excelente para aquellos que no somos de habla inglesa.

Es un curso divertido, de clases livianas y lleno de información extra con la que se puede seguir aprendiendo fuera del curso.

By rajan r

May 6, 2017

Course delivery is superb, and the support is outstanding as well. Whatever misgivings are my own concerning gamification. I foresee more and more of gamification designs that would miss the substance for the form.

Rajan Ramasamy

By Cristian V

Mar 12, 2016

The teaching quality is excellent. The course is complete and detailed. The teacher seems to have real intention of making you understand what gamification is, what can it do for good and what are the dangers and the criticism.

By Abhijith C

Aug 1, 2017

Very interesting! the peer-graded assignments were fun to do. Prof. Werbach explains the concepts so clearly! His way of analysing and breaking down real world examples to explain all the concepts of gamification was a delight

By Andrés C

Oct 19, 2018

It's a great course that gives you all the information, tools and challenges that exist with the gamification but above all it is a course that inspires you, challenges your creativity and demands you to be better every day.

By Rowan A H

Nov 18, 2016

Brilliant course! This is a really interesting and exciting (sometimes a bit scary) field. Thanks so much to Professor Werbach for putting this all together. There is not a single person I would not recommend this course to.