Back to Introduction to Genetics and Evolution

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Introduction to Genetics and Evolution by Duke University

Introduction to Genetics and Evolution is a college-level class being offered simultaneously to new students at Duke University. The course gives interested people a very basic overview of some principles behind these very fundamental areas of biology. We often hear about new "genome sequences," commercial kits that can tell you about your ancestry (including pre-human) from your DNA or disease predispositions, debates about the truth of evolution, why animals behave the way they do, and how people found "genetic evidence for natural selection." This course provides the basic biology you need to understand all of these issues better, tries to clarify some misconceptions, and tries to prepare students for future, more advanced coursework in Biology (and especially evolutionary genetics). No prior coursework is assumed....

AT

I recommend this course for someone who is interested in learning of basics of population genetics and evolutionary processes. Prof. Noor is a very good teacher and I like his explanation of concepts.

YH
Jul 3, 2017

The course is really interesting! I love the way the professor demonstrate genetics theories by countless examples and evidence. And those questions about debates in genetics are thought-provoking!

151 - 175 of 332 Reviews for Introduction to Genetics and Evolution

By Cindy L

Oct 11, 2017

Amazing class! The professor is captivating and explains a very complex subject in a straight forward and simple manner.

By Britt H

Jun 1, 2021

Excellent training and very lively videos. I learned a lot and really enjoyed each single video in the course. Thanks !

By Ruta R

Jun 3, 2017

Great Course. Good structured, informative and well explained.I understood more than while my education in high school.

By Ana B

May 24, 2016

The course is easy to understand and the concepts are very clear. I highly recommend this even if you aren't an expert.

By Sunirmal S

Mar 30, 2021

It was very helpful and informative.

I had so many doubts and confusion which got cleared after I completed the course.

By Qareeb u h

May 1, 2019

The way i got enrolled in the course and lead by Dr.Mohammad Noor was a dream for me ,and i am thankful to all of you.

By DeeDee S

Feb 20, 2019

Dr. Noor is an amazing professor and explains course material very well. I would definitely take more of his courses!

By Zhan W

Oct 23, 2016

Very useful resource on evolutionary biology and parts of ecology . Used this course to study for my GRE Biology exam.

By Ali S

Aug 31, 2021

The "Introduction to Genetics and Evolution "course was fantastic and I am excited to pass this course. Very thanks.

By Dawn

Aug 14, 2016

I quite enjoy studying this course. I really enjoy the interaction with Jerry! Interesting course and I have fun~

By Vlada S

Jun 3, 2021

Loved the tutor! You can see here is a person who loves his subject and loves to teach it! Enjoyed it very much!

By Syeda S Z

May 9, 2020

Very interesting and interractive. Professor Noor is not only very knowledgeable, but also such a fun teacher.

By Geoffrey J

Dec 18, 2015

This course is so informative that I'm doing it for a second time. This is the best Coursera course I've taken.

By Andrei T

Jun 10, 2017

Very nice presentation of the subject. Diverse and very interesting. It was a pleasure to follow this course .

By Duane G

Jul 17, 2020

The instructor is really great. I wish I had been a better student but I did my best. Really a great course.

By Shilpa N

Jul 16, 2020

Its a fantastic course i really enjoyed learning. Dr. Mohamed Noor you are awesome. Thanks for this course.

By Roger P

Apr 22, 2020

This was a superb course and Prof Noor was brilliant in explaining complex material in an understandable way.

By HyunJong K

Aug 11, 2020

The course is very thorough and instructive. I really enjoyed this course, and the professor is very nice!

By Edward J

Jan 29, 2021

This course is interesting and informative. Professor Noor does an excellent job of teaching this course.

By Chandrasekar R

Jun 23, 2020

A very detailed course. I loved Dr. Noor's way of explaining things to us. I feel like I've learnt a lot.

By Spiridonov A

Apr 12, 2020

Really enjoyed this course. So thought provoking, enlightening and even funny! Thank you Dr. Mohamed Noor

By Kaviya K

Sep 29, 2020

It was an wonderful opportunity for me to learn a lot in the field of genetics and evolution. Thank you

By Baker M

Aug 16, 2021

V​ery awesome, the instructor explains things very carefully and slowly that anyone could unnderstand.

By Franz M

Aug 17, 2016

Great course. I had no biology background at all. I learnt a lot. Thank you for making this course.

By Kim H

Jun 11, 2018

This is really good course to understand the main point of Genetics and Evolution in a simple way.