Back to Introduction to Genetics and Evolution

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Introduction to Genetics and Evolution by Duke University

Introduction to Genetics and Evolution is a college-level class being offered simultaneously to new students at Duke University. The course gives interested people a very basic overview of some principles behind these very fundamental areas of biology. We often hear about new "genome sequences," commercial kits that can tell you about your ancestry (including pre-human) from your DNA or disease predispositions, debates about the truth of evolution, why animals behave the way they do, and how people found "genetic evidence for natural selection." This course provides the basic biology you need to understand all of these issues better, tries to clarify some misconceptions, and tries to prepare students for future, more advanced coursework in Biology (and especially evolutionary genetics). No prior coursework is assumed....

AT

I recommend this course for someone who is interested in learning of basics of population genetics and evolutionary processes. Prof. Noor is a very good teacher and I like his explanation of concepts.

YH
Jul 3, 2017

The course is really interesting! I love the way the professor demonstrate genetics theories by countless examples and evidence. And those questions about debates in genetics are thought-provoking!

326 - 331 of 331 Reviews for Introduction to Genetics and Evolution

Sep 14, 2020

ho

By Yusuf M A

Sep 25, 2021

Boring and the quizzes are extremely hard.

By Dawn R

Jul 30, 2020

You have to be a mathematician major to understand anything passed the second week. I dropped. This super fast talking guy seems to enjoy hearing himself talk. Maybe I am simple minded, but this course made me proud of that. His passion gets in the way of his ability to actually teach.

The only thing I learned is that if you have to retake his exams, the actual answers change meanings.

Also, according to his lessons, I am green colorblind. That is ridiculous. Emerald is my favorite gemstone.

Also, just because a woman is attractive according to him, doesn't mean that she is the only type of woman worthy of a husband. I think he talks before he thinks.

By Elizabeth J

Aug 17, 2021

cannot purchase certificate after completing the full course

By NUR A A P

Jul 6, 2020

Contents lack in-depth compared to assessment.