Back to Introduction to Genetics and Evolution

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Introduction to Genetics and Evolution by Duke University

Introduction to Genetics and Evolution is a college-level class being offered simultaneously to new students at Duke University. The course gives interested people a very basic overview of some principles behind these very fundamental areas of biology. We often hear about new "genome sequences," commercial kits that can tell you about your ancestry (including pre-human) from your DNA or disease predispositions, debates about the truth of evolution, why animals behave the way they do, and how people found "genetic evidence for natural selection." This course provides the basic biology you need to understand all of these issues better, tries to clarify some misconceptions, and tries to prepare students for future, more advanced coursework in Biology (and especially evolutionary genetics). No prior coursework is assumed....

AT

I recommend this course for someone who is interested in learning of basics of population genetics and evolutionary processes. Prof. Noor is a very good teacher and I like his explanation of concepts.

YH
Jul 3, 2017

The course is really interesting! I love the way the professor demonstrate genetics theories by countless examples and evidence. And those questions about debates in genetics are thought-provoking!

126 - 150 of 326 Reviews for Introduction to Genetics and Evolution

By LANG X

Feb 18, 2020

It's an useful course for me. As a non-professional student, it's easy for me to understand, at the same time, that improve my oral-english in a way.

By Nadia N A

Aug 12, 2020

Its more than I could Imagine, the course was rich and highly organized. Dr. Noor did a spectacular work. I enjoyed every lecture and learned more.

By Casey M

Mar 24, 2017

I totally adore this course! Every lecture is amazing. Many thanks to our brilliant professor for such interesting activities! I`m really enjoy it.

By Samonee R

Oct 15, 2020

This course is very interesting and well explained. I think the beginners must go through this course to enhance their knowledge about genetics.

By Sebastian B

Sep 20, 2021

Excelente curso en donde se aprenden los conceptos de la evolución y genética. Clases entretenidas y muy bien explicadas. 100% Recomendado.

By Chon I K

Apr 3, 2020

It is fun. It is very informative. The professor is great. I enjoyed the lessons so much. And, it is really a college level course. Great!

By Deepti S

Dec 7, 2020

This course was indeed very educational and inspiring for anyone who is interested in evolution and genetics, thank you so much coursera

By Anastasia

Mar 29, 2017

Prof. Noor rocks! This is really the best genetics course. Cool, challenging and super-exciting! I've completed it with great pleasure.

By Афанасьев И А

Sep 27, 2021

Fascinating course, provided me with the most valuable insight for the research of my own. Difficult enough, very well understandable.

By Michael M

Oct 6, 2017

An exceptionally interesting course, which is very knowledgeably presented, and with a huge deal of interest, warmth and engagement.

By Matthew J C

Jan 26, 2018

I've learned a lot from this course! Each week can be handles well and the quizzes are actually pretty humorous sometimes. Awesome!

By chenyuanying

Dec 2, 2016

Very interesting, explain theory in simple language. It is really easy for someone who have no biological background to understand.

By Luying Q

thank you so much Dr. Noor, your lecture made genetics knowledge intersting and easy to accept, that's exactly what I want !!!!!!!

By Tamaiya A

Mar 6, 2017

The professor properly explains information and gives exceptional facts and sustainable facts to back up claims. Best class yet.

By Sukanta B

Jul 16, 2021

Everyone should take this course as it is very simple and will help you understand natural phenomenon effectively than before.

By Alexa L

Aug 2, 2020

A bit improvement on introducing new jargon methodically would help. Superior and informative course for beginners otherwise!

By Vijayalakshmi.M

Good basics of evolution taught clearlyrics by professor. Nice and my I'd verification is not yet completed plz favor for me

By Tamara L

Jun 27, 2017

Well organized, good support material, very in depth approach to this material. Thank You for making this course available.

By Emmanuel O Z

Dec 2, 2020

It's an excellent course. The applications and links are very useful and didactical. Thanks for everything Professor Noor.

By Aishat O

Oct 3, 2020

The classes are so interesting and the lecturer is amazing ,thanks for given me the opportunity to partake in this course.

By Cindy L

Oct 11, 2017

Amazing class! The professor is captivating and explains a very complex subject in a straight forward and simple manner.

By Britt H

Jun 1, 2021

Excellent training and very lively videos. I learned a lot and really enjoyed each single video in the course. Thanks !

By Ruta R

Jun 3, 2017

Great Course. Good structured, informative and well explained.I understood more than while my education in high school.

By Ana B

May 24, 2016

The course is easy to understand and the concepts are very clear. I highly recommend this even if you aren't an expert.

By Sunirmal S

Mar 30, 2021

It was very helpful and informative.

I had so many doubts and confusion which got cleared after I completed the course.