Back to Sit Less, Get Active

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Sit Less, Get Active by The University of Edinburgh

Physical inactivity and sedentariness are “silent killers”. Do you feel like you spend too much time sitting? Do you feel like you would like to be more active? Are you unsure about how to incorporate physical activity into your daily life? We are here to help. Join us on a journey to learn about how to sit less and become more active. Use this FREE course to learn how to monitor your own activity and set physical activity goals. We will feature various examples of how physical activity could be increased in different settings, such as your neighbourhood, home or work, to give you ideas of ones that could best fit your lifestyle. Are you a health professional? Use this opportunity to learn how to incorporate physical activity into your daily routine and also how to empower your patients to be more physically active. If time with a patient is an issue, you can simply “prescribe” this course to your patient. This course offers you a unique opportunity to receive weekly physical activity health messages and monthly video-reminders on how to increase physical activity in various settings for 6 months after the initial 3 week course. So, join us on the Sit less, get active! journey. Follow us on Twitter @GetActive MOOC, #GetActiveMOOC or follow our Online Learning Twitter feed @uoe_online. Visit our YouTube channel to check out the promo videos (more are to come) https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC6xpBMzJXnffdUaY32-zPdA If YouTube is not available in your country, you can access the promo videos here https://media.ed.ac.uk/search/searchkeyword/sit%20less%20get%20active...

ND
Sep 4, 2019

The greatest course ever! It is so realistic that can apply for every one, not only myself.\n\nI have got a range of tips to sit less, get active in here. Once again, thank you alot for your effort.

MM
Jul 24, 2016

This is a very useful and short course that covers all you need to get active, and is well seupported by a well chosen set of optional readings for anyone wanting to learn more. Highly recommended.

376 - 400 of 475 Reviews for Sit Less, Get Active

By Austin W

Sep 4, 2018

Very good course, the videos and the bibliographic links and resources at the end of each part of the course were very useful tools. It put several empiric ideas that I had into perspective and has given me tools to improve my health and wellbeing by being more active at home and at work, ideas such as Active Travel for instance are great.

By Abdallah m i

The course is beautiful and wonderful. One of the best benefits or the axis around which the course revolves is to facilitate making your life more active, and it does not have many negatives, but it is a repetition of information in it and lengthy, but interesting, not boring. Thank you very much. May God reward you.

By Omar H

Jul 3, 2020

Although the course is very UK or at least developed country centered, and many of the course's aspects focus on highly general techniques. But this course is a great way to improve your everyday health through direct solutions and motivation that just makes you want to get off your desk already!

By Sonia F

May 24, 2021

Finishing this course, I start running 1-2 per week for first time ever. Then I decided to run Athens Marathon, for first time ever, too! Since then I have participate to 3 marathons and many other shorter races. I have me personal coach and I run aprx 20-30klm every week!

By Amaan C

Jan 29, 2017

This course is very beneficial to people who are not usually active, but if you are an active person then you'll probably learn about measuring your physical activity. Otherwise it is very very very very easy, like if you had to fail that would just be sad

By Ching M J M (

Aug 7, 2020

Simple, interesting course. I would like the course to introduce more on pelvic floor exercises but it is good for this class to bring up that topic. Perhaps showing an educational clip of the pelvic floor exercises that one should follow in doing.

By Vijayakumar M N

Aug 23, 2016

A useful course that gives practical guidelines on increasing physical activity in daily life. It specifies that even as low as 30 minutes of moderate physical exercise 5 times a day can be very beneficial to an otherwise sedentary person.

By Mary M

Jul 16, 2017

This course was an excellent reminder of how dangerous too much sitting can be to one's health. The benefits of easy goal setting, choosing healthy habits and benefits of exercising with others were stressed and much appreciated.

By Anmol S J

Mar 23, 2019

I knew most of what was taught, but it would benefit a lot of people with less prior knowledge.

The highlight of the course was the interview with the little girl Sabine; have not seen any cuter child than her.

By Usman A

Mar 22, 2019

A good course for awareness and learn benefits of being active in different environments and at different ages and also how to monitor and track your daily activity with different tools.

By Jeevanandham A

I enrolled in this course since I felt being sedentary and inactive in recent times. After completing the course , I feel enriched and active again. Thanks for the boost guys!

By Yogeeta

Feb 14, 2017

Good motivator to take first steps in keeping oneself active. Simple tips provided which once used in day to day life will definitely change our sedentary lifestyle

By Lerrick S

Jun 12, 2017

This was a good course. I learned about the importance of moving more and got a better understanding of how to go about integrating more movement into my daily life.

By Marjori P

Oct 16, 2018

Well organized and presented content. I just wish it a bit more in depth info. Seems to be pretty shallow information most people I know already are aware of.

By bruce b

Jul 24, 2016

Good basic background for starting out. I wanted a little more but no complaints. Good simple instructions and knowledge build including the SMART principle

By Van T

Aug 9, 2020

Provides scientific evidences which says: sport is good.

It's not for me because I already know it, and I look for something else, something more interesting.

By Amol S

Very Basic, Scientific approach by the experts. It really helps to improve the overall daily routine which enhances health. Thank you for the course

By 李万丹

Jul 12, 2016

This course is a good introduction to getting active, and it provides a plethora of useful resources that can help you get started.

By Jade

Jan 29, 2017

Very informative course :) the quizzes were a little too obvious (just my own opinion!) I did not feel challenged during them.

By Debra C

Feb 16, 2017

Good course for people wanting to get more active. Lots of good information and the how-tos to make it work for you.

By Karen M

Jan 18, 2018

Good Course - though i have not yet received my certificate and i completed all the necessary steps a few month ago

By Nendra N W

Dec 10, 2020

This course will sure get anyone who wants to be active regardless of what occupation and abilities one may have.

By Judy A

I would appreciate a transcript to be provided with video - makes it easier to make notes at own pace.

By Samundra S

Sep 8, 2016

Very motivating and highly informative. I'll recommend for everyone, irrespective of age or sex.

By Tushar s

Dec 17, 2020

yes , every benefit has been explained well and the suggestion is real which you can practice .