Back to Sit Less, Get Active

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Sit Less, Get Active by The University of Edinburgh

Physical inactivity and sedentariness are “silent killers”. Do you feel like you spend too much time sitting? Do you feel like you would like to be more active? Are you unsure about how to incorporate physical activity into your daily life? We are here to help. Join us on a journey to learn about how to sit less and become more active. Use this FREE course to learn how to monitor your own activity and set physical activity goals. We will feature various examples of how physical activity could be increased in different settings, such as your neighbourhood, home or work, to give you ideas of ones that could best fit your lifestyle. Are you a health professional? Use this opportunity to learn how to incorporate physical activity into your daily routine and also how to empower your patients to be more physically active. If time with a patient is an issue, you can simply “prescribe” this course to your patient. This course offers you a unique opportunity to receive weekly physical activity health messages and monthly video-reminders on how to increase physical activity in various settings for 6 months after the initial 3 week course. So, join us on the Sit less, get active! journey. Follow us on Twitter @GetActive MOOC, #GetActiveMOOC or follow our Online Learning Twitter feed @uoe_online. Visit our YouTube channel to check out the promo videos (more are to come) https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC6xpBMzJXnffdUaY32-zPdA If YouTube is not available in your country, you can access the promo videos here https://media.ed.ac.uk/search/searchkeyword/sit%20less%20get%20active...

ND
Sep 4, 2019

The greatest course ever! It is so realistic that can apply for every one, not only myself.\n\nI have got a range of tips to sit less, get active in here. Once again, thank you alot for your effort.

MM
Jul 24, 2016

This is a very useful and short course that covers all you need to get active, and is well seupported by a well chosen set of optional readings for anyone wanting to learn more. Highly recommended.

126 - 150 of 437 Reviews for Sit Less, Get Active

By MARIE B

Sep 26, 2020

very educational and motivational

since I am 71 I would have liked a module on exercise for the elderly

By Mohamed A Z

May 22, 2020

Well organized and scientific-based resources as an encouragement for Sitting less and Getting active.

By Gipsi T

Jul 28, 2017

Good information on the benefits of staying active. Regular exercise is now included in my routines.

By Laura I

Jul 23, 2016

This course has given me the motivation and tools to lead a more active life. I am ready to do this!!

By Ibrahim N k

Jul 1, 2019

I finished sit less,get Active.

Am very happy about the course.

Thanks,

Best wishes,

Ibrahim Noor Kassim.

By Ralph F S

May 16, 2019

Great course for me. A three year old could navigate it easily and that's exactly why I liked it. ;-)

By A S

The course asks you to sit less and the design of the whole course just achieved that! Great course!

By Sangeetha V

Oct 18, 2016

Very informative and made me understand where I was failing the previous attempts to be more active!

By Arun

Apr 1, 2020

The Simple and easy way to step in to daily habit! Thanks team for creating such amazing experience

By Bashir

Mar 29, 2020

The course is simple yet interesting and covers every aspect of life from toddlers to working life

By JIMBOY D G

Nov 1, 2020

Thank you for making this course. It will help me to sit less and get active in my everyday life.

By ANITHA B

This course sparked me to be physically active and there by getting mental activeness. Thank you!

By nguyen d t

Mar 26, 2019

It is an short, interesting and easy to understand how being physically active benefits our life.

By Raquel H

Jun 1, 2017

Very inspiring indeed full of down to earth and updated information for ALL!

Thank you very much!!

By DHRUVIL P

Jun 21, 2019

Definitely, this was very 'ACTIVE' course :) i have got help to be more active in my daily life.

By Jorge A D F G

Jun 26, 2017

A very useful course about how to recover your health and the health of your family and society

By Valeria K

Apr 8, 2017

Thanks for such an inspiring course - now I really sit less and I am more active then before it.

By Carla O

Oct 17, 2016

Excellent for people who need help understanding and organizing their daily physical activities.

By josan t

Jul 6, 2016

This course is very good for all. if we start practicing by noting daily achieving we can win .

By Natalia S R

Dec 4, 2019

Un curso que brinda información útil y sobre todo que se puede llevar a la práctica fácilmente.

By Manmohan K

Oct 17, 2020

This is good course to change habit as well as taught us how to sit less and get more active.

By Michele P

Aug 13, 2020

Thank you, I really enjoyed your videos and optional reading lists. Lots of good information.

By Nehal B

Feb 22, 2019

I feel motivated after taking this course to sit less and be more active in my daily routine.

By Aysegul R

Apr 5, 2020

excellent mooc. Thank you very much. I learn, had fun, involved activities during the mooc.

By Verginiya S

Aug 13, 2016

Interesting course that I found inspiring. Well worth the time invested into completing it.