Back to Sit Less, Get Active

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Sit Less, Get Active by The University of Edinburgh

Physical inactivity and sedentariness are “silent killers”. Do you feel like you spend too much time sitting? Do you feel like you would like to be more active? Are you unsure about how to incorporate physical activity into your daily life? We are here to help. Join us on a journey to learn about how to sit less and become more active. Use this FREE course to learn how to monitor your own activity and set physical activity goals. We will feature various examples of how physical activity could be increased in different settings, such as your neighbourhood, home or work, to give you ideas of ones that could best fit your lifestyle. Are you a health professional? Use this opportunity to learn how to incorporate physical activity into your daily routine and also how to empower your patients to be more physically active. If time with a patient is an issue, you can simply “prescribe” this course to your patient. This course offers you a unique opportunity to receive weekly physical activity health messages and monthly video-reminders on how to increase physical activity in various settings for 6 months after the initial 3 week course. So, join us on the Sit less, get active! journey. Follow us on Twitter @GetActive MOOC, #GetActiveMOOC or follow our Online Learning Twitter feed @uoe_online. Visit our YouTube channel to check out the promo videos (more are to come) https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC6xpBMzJXnffdUaY32-zPdA If YouTube is not available in your country, you can access the promo videos here https://media.ed.ac.uk/search/searchkeyword/sit%20less%20get%20active...

ND
Sep 4, 2019

The greatest course ever! It is so realistic that can apply for every one, not only myself.\n\nI have got a range of tips to sit less, get active in here. Once again, thank you alot for your effort.

MM
Jul 24, 2016

This is a very useful and short course that covers all you need to get active, and is well seupported by a well chosen set of optional readings for anyone wanting to learn more. Highly recommended.

176 - 200 of 502 Reviews for Sit Less, Get Active

By Susan

Aug 19, 2016

It's my FAVORITE COURSERA COURSE!!! Thanks a lot all authors for this amazing course!!!!

By Heniely O C

This is like a short course on physical activity and how you can increase it. Loved it!

By Carlos

Dec 9, 2020

I'm very glad I took this course, it actually got me out of my too comfortable routine

By William P A

Sep 25, 2017

In fact the course has changed me a lot and I have implemented it as it is. Thank you.

By Juulia Z

Jul 7, 2020

Very good course for general awareness and simple advises on how to get more active!

By Gabriel M

Jul 24, 2016

Full of straight-forward information, easy to use and efective!! Thank you so much!!

By Maria I F A

Jul 11, 2020

I learned many tips, strategies, and ways to help me become more active. Thank you.

By Kurian K M

Jul 6, 2020

This course inspired me to be active and taught various simple and practical ways.

By Dr. M M P

May 16, 2020

The course is awesome. It is much beneficial for those who have sedentary lifestyle

By Jaanvi N

Quite useful in day to day life.....especially during lockdwon.

Thank you so much!

By HO T

Sep 20, 2017

Very good course to aspire the active mind and body, highly recommend to everyone!

By Aslaha R

Dec 19, 2018

Best course I did on Coursera. Lifestyle oriented courses like this are the best!

By Ardeshir f

Sep 13, 2017

This course is very helpful , and encourage every one to sit less and more active

By Kalpitaa P

Oct 19, 2016

Easy to comprehend and inspiring to put into use. Reading material was brilliant!

By Rio A B

Jun 28, 2021

This course is never boring. I learned many things about this course. Thank you!

By Sourav B

Jun 25, 2021

A very informative course to make us aware of being active in any ways each day.

By Subbalakshmi K

Oct 19, 2016

Very comprehensive course! Motivates you to start getting fit slowly but surely!

By Sourabh K

Wonderful Course.. & very well structured.

one of the best & productive course.

By Martina S

Apr 8, 2019

A lot of useful information, made me becoming more active at home and at work.

By Eashani B

Wonderful course to stay motivated and be more happy to be active and working

By Luis E G y G

Sep 30, 2020

Simple and basic course, yet very informative, easy to understand and apply.

By Nicolas A D C

Dec 6, 2020

I love this course, teached me that i can do more exercise without knowing.

By Haider A

Sep 17, 2020

This course must be taken by everybody. An excellent motivational course!

By scott m

Mar 30, 2020

Brilliant,I will use the material from this in my daily life and job role.