Back to Sit Less, Get Active

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Sit Less, Get Active by The University of Edinburgh

Physical inactivity and sedentariness are “silent killers”. Do you feel like you spend too much time sitting? Do you feel like you would like to be more active? Are you unsure about how to incorporate physical activity into your daily life? We are here to help. Join us on a journey to learn about how to sit less and become more active. Use this FREE course to learn how to monitor your own activity and set physical activity goals. We will feature various examples of how physical activity could be increased in different settings, such as your neighbourhood, home or work, to give you ideas of ones that could best fit your lifestyle. Are you a health professional? Use this opportunity to learn how to incorporate physical activity into your daily routine and also how to empower your patients to be more physically active. If time with a patient is an issue, you can simply “prescribe” this course to your patient. This course offers you a unique opportunity to receive weekly physical activity health messages and monthly video-reminders on how to increase physical activity in various settings for 6 months after the initial 3 week course. So, join us on the Sit less, get active! journey. Follow us on Twitter @GetActive MOOC, #GetActiveMOOC or follow our Online Learning Twitter feed @uoe_online. Visit our YouTube channel to check out the promo videos (more are to come) https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC6xpBMzJXnffdUaY32-zPdA If YouTube is not available in your country, you can access the promo videos here https://media.ed.ac.uk/search/searchkeyword/sit%20less%20get%20active...

ND
Sep 4, 2019

The greatest course ever! It is so realistic that can apply for every one, not only myself.\n\nI have got a range of tips to sit less, get active in here. Once again, thank you alot for your effort.

MM
Jul 24, 2016

This is a very useful and short course that covers all you need to get active, and is well seupported by a well chosen set of optional readings for anyone wanting to learn more. Highly recommended.

51 - 75 of 437 Reviews for Sit Less, Get Active

By Ponyakan S

May 22, 2020

I have to say thank you for such a great short course. This course benefit a lot that I can share and tell myself and others to be more active. I love it and I am sure that I have to find more to learn.

By Nguyen T D

Sep 5, 2019

By Egemen K

Aug 7, 2020

This is a great course! I highly recommend you to take this course and at least learn about being active. I believe that after the course, you might change your life sytle to a more active one.

By Laura D l F

Apr 17, 2020

I'm so happy about doing this courses online, great help for keep up our continuous learning. Thanks so much for all this Universities and Colleges for putting their courses online.

By zubaria N

Mar 10, 2020

This course has made me realize simple mistake i was commitming during the course of the day. It was a friendly reminder to amend habits and to adopt a healthy and happy life style.

By Denise M

Oct 13, 2017

This course provided an overview of exercise options for people of all ages and stages of life, including how to plan and track progress by establishing and monitoring SMART goals.

By MOHAMED M P

Nov 7, 2020

This is a very good course and it clearly show us how we can incorporate into our everyday life by showing us plenty of examples on simple exercises we can do at home, or at work

By rajat g

Apr 11, 2020

I loved this course. It was very beneficial as it described different activities one can perform to remain active irrespective of the age. I'll recommend this course to everyone.

By Alexandru F

Jul 22, 2016

Lots of helpful information in order to help you set up for a healthy and active lifestyle.If you're beginning on this road or want to find out more, this MOOC is really helpful

By Irene M M

May 14, 2020

From my point of view, this is a really easy and useful course in which you can learn a lot of important opinions said by experts. Moreover it motivates you to do more sport!!

By Carrol L

Jun 26, 2017

I enjoyed this course I learned a lot of useful information which influenced the way I maintain my health practices. I would highly recommend this course for all persons.

By Thiruvendhren R

Apr 19, 2020

Nice, wonderful course for the great pursue in stay Phsycially, strengths of body

Easy tagline ensure that means "Sit Less,Get Active"

Wonederful course to be learning time.

By DAVID A M G

Oct 30, 2018

I like it so much this course. I learn a lot of stuff like encouraging others, SMART goals, goal setting. And I feel that this knowledge would help me as a medical student

By Elizabeth A T

If you want to get at least a little motivated (especially as LAZY adults) to work out, even a little more, this class explains the UK's position on physical activity.

By Stephanie C

Sep 19, 2016

I really enjoyed this class. It gave me a kick start to my weight loss journey. I also like the promo messages and the checking in after the course was complete.

By Olufunke A

Nov 2, 2020

This is the first course I finished successfully on coursera, it was simply designed and very easy to follow through! I really loved and enjoyed every bit of it.

By Basma H b

Aug 11, 2020

I really enjoyed taking this course . You can add another part for the course containing Some exercices to do and Some practical ways of doing physical activity

By Vraj P

Aug 15, 2020

Nowadays I see many of my friends sit for whole days in front of a screen for a very long time. So I must suggest this course to all of my that type of friends.

By Repalle s

Apr 19, 2020

Nice one course,Best Course to study for Further Next level of physical activity and getting ore physically good then

Super course

Thanks alot for this course

By Gulzar K

Apr 7, 2020

it's a great course for knowing the health benefits of physical activity and also motivating to do more physical activity and also " SIT LESS AND GET ACTIVE".

By Amanda T

Oct 14, 2016

Me ha gustado mucho ya que nos ayuda a saber muchas cosas sobre como ser más activo en nuestro día a día y de paso a perfeccionar un poco nuestro inglés jaja.

By D. S

It was really a new experience, that too in this pandemic situation of covid-19. It was useful, stress relieving and helpful for all of our family members.

By Mohammed M A

May 22, 2020

An innovative, informative and inspiring course. I recommend the course highly for all who are interested in their physical and psychological well-being.

By JOSE J B R

Oct 13, 2020

Un curso muy divertido y lo mejor que es una buena estrategia para comenzar a ser más saludable por medio de la práctica regular de actividad física.

By Machiko P

Apr 13, 2020

This course gave me lots of ideas and information. It was so fun to learn new things, and the course made me change more active. Thank you so much!!