Back to Sit Less, Get Active

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Sit Less, Get Active by The University of Edinburgh

Physical inactivity and sedentariness are “silent killers”. Do you feel like you spend too much time sitting? Do you feel like you would like to be more active? Are you unsure about how to incorporate physical activity into your daily life? We are here to help. Join us on a journey to learn about how to sit less and become more active. Use this FREE course to learn how to monitor your own activity and set physical activity goals. We will feature various examples of how physical activity could be increased in different settings, such as your neighbourhood, home or work, to give you ideas of ones that could best fit your lifestyle. Are you a health professional? Use this opportunity to learn how to incorporate physical activity into your daily routine and also how to empower your patients to be more physically active. If time with a patient is an issue, you can simply “prescribe” this course to your patient. This course offers you a unique opportunity to receive weekly physical activity health messages and monthly video-reminders on how to increase physical activity in various settings for 6 months after the initial 3 week course. So, join us on the Sit less, get active! journey. Follow us on Twitter @GetActive MOOC, #GetActiveMOOC or follow our Online Learning Twitter feed @uoe_online. Visit our YouTube channel to check out the promo videos (more are to come) https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC6xpBMzJXnffdUaY32-zPdA If YouTube is not available in your country, you can access the promo videos here https://media.ed.ac.uk/search/searchkeyword/sit%20less%20get%20active...

ND
Sep 4, 2019

The greatest course ever! It is so realistic that can apply for every one, not only myself.\n\nI have got a range of tips to sit less, get active in here. Once again, thank you alot for your effort.

MM
Jul 24, 2016

This is a very useful and short course that covers all you need to get active, and is well seupported by a well chosen set of optional readings for anyone wanting to learn more. Highly recommended.

76 - 100 of 503 Reviews for Sit Less, Get Active

By Amanda T

Oct 14, 2016

Me ha gustado mucho ya que nos ayuda a saber muchas cosas sobre como ser más activo en nuestro día a día y de paso a perfeccionar un poco nuestro inglés jaja.

By Dr.Sudha A P

It was really a new experience, that too in this pandemic situation of covid-19. It was useful, stress relieving and helpful for all of our family members.

By Firly A F

Jun 10, 2021

this is the first time i'm joining coursera, and i don't have any regret to join this course, the videos really intertaining and i really enjoy watching it

By Mohammed M A

May 22, 2020

An innovative, informative and inspiring course. I recommend the course highly for all who are interested in their physical and psychological well-being.

By JOSE J B R

Oct 13, 2020

Un curso muy divertido y lo mejor que es una buena estrategia para comenzar a ser más saludable por medio de la práctica regular de actividad física.

By Machiko P

Apr 13, 2020

This course gave me lots of ideas and information. It was so fun to learn new things, and the course made me change more active. Thank you so much!!

By Alexandru C

Jan 24, 2020

Nice short course on the importance of sitting up and doing physical exercise for enriching your experience as a sentient being on this here planet.

By Patrick Z

Jun 29, 2020

I enjoyed taking this course and listening to the advice both the instructors and guest speakers gave on how to be more active. Highly recommend!

By بحب ا I L S

Mar 8, 2018

I love you all and to hope to be with again again later

another thing I want to get a certificate of this mooc but I can't purchase it. any help ?

By Arunav R

May 21, 2021

very useful and informative, taking a lot from this course, and i am surely going to implement them on a daily basis, and improve upon my health

By Adelia K

Apr 15, 2020

Thank you for sharing! Now I understand how important to be phisically active and try to make my own healthy habit. Thank you for all lecturers!

By Jayant R

Mar 8, 2018

Great Class that reinforces exercise and how to incorporate it in our busy lives. I am posting a link to this class on social media for friends.

By Anna R M

Jan 27, 2018

Very helpful and enjoyable! Several links to external resources are broken, but overall, much useful information is provided in an engaging way

By JoAnn J

Aug 15, 2020

I enjoyed the breadth of information about how to sit less and move more and look forward to putting all I learned into practice. Thank you!

By Swarnali M

This course was such a delight. So interactive and super interesting. I was rapt in interest till the end and felt so sad that it had to end!

By Dr. Y M

Sep 24, 2017

Very nice and easy to follow! Definitely gave me many tools to get back on track and to be able to advice my patients on how to get started!

By Maria L G

Sep 28, 2020

It is an excellent course that motivates and gives tools to start and maintain a healthy life through physical activity. Thank you very much

By Sharon M

Apr 12, 2020

Excellent Course Work and Simple Exercises that everyone can follow. Also very encouraging and well explained by the team. Loved the Course

By Anurag K

Dec 1, 2016

It was a unique course. Even though it was quite short, but the learning was vast in terms of why and how can we keep ourselves healthy.

By Fayaz P

Sep 21, 2021

I thoroughly enjoyed the course and sincerely thank the entire team who have put lots of efforts in making this course valuable to all.

By Susan S

May 4, 2021

Excellent straight forward course about the benefits of sitting less and doing more, very good ideas as to how to go about it. Thanks!

By Nicat

Sep 10, 2017

Perfect course that has been organized. I am so delighted to take this course and getting lots of information about getting more active

By Jean D

Nov 8, 2020

Very applicable to anyone at any stage. Great mix of video presentations, quizzes, logging. Self-paced and easy to do. Repeatable too!

By Vicky H

May 23, 2020

Great course with lots of information to help gain physical skills and the ability to get into physical activity regularly. Thank you!

By Yukti P

it's a wonderful course. everyone should take this course. this has helped me realise the benefit of physical activity on my health.