Back to Sit Less, Get Active

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Sit Less, Get Active by The University of Edinburgh

Physical inactivity and sedentariness are “silent killers”. Do you feel like you spend too much time sitting? Do you feel like you would like to be more active? Are you unsure about how to incorporate physical activity into your daily life? We are here to help. Join us on a journey to learn about how to sit less and become more active. Use this FREE course to learn how to monitor your own activity and set physical activity goals. We will feature various examples of how physical activity could be increased in different settings, such as your neighbourhood, home or work, to give you ideas of ones that could best fit your lifestyle. Are you a health professional? Use this opportunity to learn how to incorporate physical activity into your daily routine and also how to empower your patients to be more physically active. If time with a patient is an issue, you can simply “prescribe” this course to your patient. This course offers you a unique opportunity to receive weekly physical activity health messages and monthly video-reminders on how to increase physical activity in various settings for 6 months after the initial 3 week course. So, join us on the Sit less, get active! journey. Follow us on Twitter @GetActive MOOC, #GetActiveMOOC or follow our Online Learning Twitter feed @uoe_online. Visit our YouTube channel to check out the promo videos (more are to come) https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC6xpBMzJXnffdUaY32-zPdA If YouTube is not available in your country, you can access the promo videos here https://media.ed.ac.uk/search/searchkeyword/sit%20less%20get%20active...

ND

Sep 05, 2019

The greatest course ever! It is so realistic that can apply for every one, not only myself.\n\nI have got a range of tips to sit less, get active in here. Once again, thank you alot for your effort.

MM

Jul 25, 2016

This is a very useful and short course that covers all you need to get active, and is well seupported by a well chosen set of optional readings for anyone wanting to learn more. Highly recommended.

126 - 150 of 405 Reviews for Sit Less, Get Active

By ANITHA B

This course sparked me to be physically active and there by getting mental activeness. Thank you!

By nguyen d t

Mar 26, 2019

It is an short, interesting and easy to understand how being physically active benefits our life.

By Raquel H

Jun 01, 2017

Very inspiring indeed full of down to earth and updated information for ALL!

Thank you very much!!

By DHRUVIL P

Jun 21, 2019

Definitely, this was very 'ACTIVE' course :) i have got help to be more active in my daily life.

By Jorge A D F G

Jun 26, 2017

A very useful course about how to recover your health and the health of your family and society

By Valeria K

Apr 08, 2017

Thanks for such an inspiring course - now I really sit less and I am more active then before it.

By Carla O

Oct 17, 2016

Excellent for people who need help understanding and organizing their daily physical activities.

By josan t

Jul 07, 2016

This course is very good for all. if we start practicing by noting daily achieving we can win .

By Natalia S R

Dec 05, 2019

Un curso que brinda información útil y sobre todo que se puede llevar a la práctica fácilmente.

By Manmohan K

Sep 18, 2020

This is good course to change habit as well as taught us how to sit less and get more active.

By Michele P

Aug 13, 2020

Thank you, I really enjoyed your videos and optional reading lists. Lots of good information.

By Nehal B

Feb 22, 2019

I feel motivated after taking this course to sit less and be more active in my daily routine.

By Aysegul R

Apr 05, 2020

excellent mooc. Thank you very much. I learn, had fun, involved activities during the mooc.

By Verginiya S

Aug 13, 2016

Interesting course that I found inspiring. Well worth the time invested into completing it.

By Khanishka S

Jun 28, 2020

It's a great course where you can learn some skills to be more active throughout your day.

By Joy P A

Sep 05, 2017

A truly awesome course, inspired me to take up exercising and fitness seriously.!!Loved it

By Davide L

Nov 04, 2016

Nice course, easy to follow, it has given me the motivation needed to start to get active.

By Lisa G

May 22, 2019

Thanks, it was very informative however the questions could require more thinking skills.

By Pauline W

Feb 15, 2017

Great course which will inspire and teach you how to be more active and positive in life.

By Ellen P

Oct 23, 2016

wonderful learning experience ! i even could read it when I was running on a thread mill.

By Susan

Aug 19, 2016

It's my FAVORITE COURSERA COURSE!!! Thanks a lot all authors for this amazing course!!!!

By Heniely O C

This is like a short course on physical activity and how you can increase it. Loved it!

By William P A

Sep 25, 2017

In fact the course has changed me a lot and I have implemented it as it is. Thank you.

By Juulia Z

Jul 07, 2020

Very good course for general awareness and simple advises on how to get more active!

By Amaury G M O

Jul 24, 2016

Full of straight-forward information, easy to use and efective!! Thank you so much!!