Back to Sit Less, Get Active

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Sit Less, Get Active by The University of Edinburgh

Physical inactivity and sedentariness are “silent killers”. Do you feel like you spend too much time sitting? Do you feel like you would like to be more active? Are you unsure about how to incorporate physical activity into your daily life? We are here to help. Join us on a journey to learn about how to sit less and become more active. Use this FREE course to learn how to monitor your own activity and set physical activity goals. We will feature various examples of how physical activity could be increased in different settings, such as your neighbourhood, home or work, to give you ideas of ones that could best fit your lifestyle. Are you a health professional? Use this opportunity to learn how to incorporate physical activity into your daily routine and also how to empower your patients to be more physically active. If time with a patient is an issue, you can simply “prescribe” this course to your patient. This course offers you a unique opportunity to receive weekly physical activity health messages and monthly video-reminders on how to increase physical activity in various settings for 6 months after the initial 3 week course. So, join us on the Sit less, get active! journey. Follow us on Twitter @GetActive MOOC #GetActiveMOOC. Also, visit our YouTube channel to check out the promo videos (more are to come) https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC6xpBMzJXnffdUaY32-zPdA If YouTube is not available in your country, you can access the promo videos here https://media.ed.ac.uk/search/searchkeyword/sit%20less%20get%20active P.S. Before you start we would like to know about your approach to physical activity. Please check your emails so you can take the survey we have sent you. Then you can preview the course, or come back and join us when the session starts on September 4, 2017...

ND

Sep 05, 2019

The greatest course ever! It is so realistic that can apply for every one, not only myself.\n\nI have got a range of tips to sit less, get active in here. Once again, thank you alot for your effort.

MM

Jul 25, 2016

This is a very useful and short course that covers all you need to get active, and is well seupported by a well chosen set of optional readings for anyone wanting to learn more. Highly recommended.

126 - 150 of 219 Reviews for Sit Less, Get Active

Jul 01, 2017

Excellent!!

By Jorge M P d C L

Aug 10, 2017

The perfect motivation to get going and reduce procrastination.

By Khlang H

Feb 14, 2017

great class

By Anderson d A G

Apr 25, 2017

Excellent!

By Anurag K

Dec 02, 2016

It was a unique course. Even though it was quite short, but the learning was vast in terms of why and how can we keep ourselves healthy.

By Jorge A D F G

Jun 26, 2017

A very useful course about how to recover your health and the health of your family and society

By Alexios G

Sep 21, 2017

Great material that gives a plan and methods to become more active.

By Kuei-Hsuan L

Jan 15, 2017

Good class to learn how to set goal to get more active.

By Margot R

Sep 07, 2017

There is a lot of very us

By Stephanie C

Sep 19, 2016

I really enjoyed this class. It gave me a kick start to my weight loss journey. I also like the promo messages and the checking in after the course was complete.

By Franz O

Sep 25, 2017

A great course to learn about how to sit less and get active!

By Mai T

Jul 30, 2016

Great course! It is really inspirational! Thank you!

By Ahmad M

Jul 29, 2016

helps me get active in my daily life and accomplish my tasks, without stressing more on the outcome, helps me initiate better.

By Daniel C

Oct 04, 2016

Very helpful.

By Pauline W

Feb 15, 2017

Great course which will inspire and teach you how to be more active and positive in life.

By Rene B L

Feb 19, 2017

Great course! It's still on my mind and present in my behaviors- those things I learned months ago when enrolled in it.

By Rutvi S

Dec 31, 2016

so active courseeee

By Lily S

Jan 03, 2017

very practical, relevant, and inspiring!

By Reem m s g

Oct 22, 2016

thanks for the course it is very useful

By Natalia H H

Jul 04, 2017

Lleno de información para aplicar en el entorno en que vivimos.

By Maxamed O m

Aug 09, 2018

understandable and power course!

By Nanti M

May 08, 2019

very usefull, many practical tips!!!!

By Ralph F S

May 17, 2019

Great course for me. A three year old could navigate it easily and that's exactly why I liked it. ;-)

By Elaine C

May 17, 2019

The course is encouraging and useful! Thank you.