Back to Sit Less, Get Active

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Sit Less, Get Active by The University of Edinburgh

Physical inactivity and sedentariness are “silent killers”. Do you feel like you spend too much time sitting? Do you feel like you would like to be more active? Are you unsure about how to incorporate physical activity into your daily life? We are here to help. Join us on a journey to learn about how to sit less and become more active. Use this FREE course to learn how to monitor your own activity and set physical activity goals. We will feature various examples of how physical activity could be increased in different settings, such as your neighbourhood, home or work, to give you ideas of ones that could best fit your lifestyle. Are you a health professional? Use this opportunity to learn how to incorporate physical activity into your daily routine and also how to empower your patients to be more physically active. If time with a patient is an issue, you can simply “prescribe” this course to your patient. This course offers you a unique opportunity to receive weekly physical activity health messages and monthly video-reminders on how to increase physical activity in various settings for 6 months after the initial 3 week course. So, join us on the Sit less, get active! journey. Follow us on Twitter @GetActive MOOC, #GetActiveMOOC or follow our Online Learning Twitter feed @uoe_online. Visit our YouTube channel to check out the promo videos (more are to come) https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC6xpBMzJXnffdUaY32-zPdA If YouTube is not available in your country, you can access the promo videos here https://media.ed.ac.uk/search/searchkeyword/sit%20less%20get%20active...

ND

Sep 05, 2019

The greatest course ever! It is so realistic that can apply for every one, not only myself.\n\nI have got a range of tips to sit less, get active in here. Once again, thank you alot for your effort.

MM

Jul 25, 2016

This is a very useful and short course that covers all you need to get active, and is well seupported by a well chosen set of optional readings for anyone wanting to learn more. Highly recommended.

151 - 175 of 406 Reviews for Sit Less, Get Active

By Maria I F

Jul 11, 2020

I learned many tips, strategies, and ways to help me become more active. Thank you.

By Kurian K M

Jul 06, 2020

This course inspired me to be active and taught various simple and practical ways.

By Dr. M M

May 16, 2020

The course is awesome. It is much beneficial for those who have sedentary lifestyle

By Jaanvi N

Quite useful in day to day life.....especially during lockdwon.

Thank you so much!

By Ho T

Sep 20, 2017

Very good course to aspire the active mind and body, highly recommend to everyone!

By Aslaha R

Dec 19, 2018

Best course I did on Coursera. Lifestyle oriented courses like this are the best!

By Ardeshir f

Sep 13, 2017

This course is very helpful , and encourage every one to sit less and more active

By Kalpitaa P

Oct 19, 2016

Easy to comprehend and inspiring to put into use. Reading material was brilliant!

By Subbalakshmi K

Oct 19, 2016

Very comprehensive course! Motivates you to start getting fit slowly but surely!

By rocky s

Wonderful Course.. & very well structured.

one of the best & productive course.

By Martina S

Apr 08, 2019

A lot of useful information, made me becoming more active at home and at work.

By Eashani B

Wonderful course to stay motivated and be more happy to be active and working

By Haider A

Sep 17, 2020

This course must be taken by everybody. An excellent motivational course!

By scott m

Mar 30, 2020

Brilliant,I will use the material from this in my daily life and job role.

By N G

Nov 30, 2018

I like all the extra materials, I think it is comprehensive and motivating

By Cristina C

Sep 09, 2019

Great course, with very useful information. Now we need to get active!!!!

By Yudi Y S

Apr 11, 2020

I love this course. It's teach me how to exercise while in working place

By Maryam s

May 13, 2020

These type of course help you to enhance our practice and being active.

By Rohit V

Aug 14, 2020

Great course with nice tips to keep ourselves healthy and active daily

By shreyash p

I learned something new and It gave me some better idea to stay active

By Vinitha M

Mar 29, 2020

Beneficial for all level of peoples. Thanks a lot for my instructors.

By Alexios G

Sep 21, 2017

Great material that gives a plan and methods to become more active.

By Raya A M ( G P - O A M

Sep 18, 2020

beautiful cours i learn many ways about movement and benefit fr it

By Juan M S A D C

May 13, 2020

Excellent. Useful and easy to understand. Keep it up and Godbless.