Back to Sit Less, Get Active

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Sit Less, Get Active by The University of Edinburgh

Physical inactivity and sedentariness are “silent killers”. Do you feel like you spend too much time sitting? Do you feel like you would like to be more active? Are you unsure about how to incorporate physical activity into your daily life? We are here to help. Join us on a journey to learn about how to sit less and become more active. Use this FREE course to learn how to monitor your own activity and set physical activity goals. We will feature various examples of how physical activity could be increased in different settings, such as your neighbourhood, home or work, to give you ideas of ones that could best fit your lifestyle. Are you a health professional? Use this opportunity to learn how to incorporate physical activity into your daily routine and also how to empower your patients to be more physically active. If time with a patient is an issue, you can simply “prescribe” this course to your patient. This course offers you a unique opportunity to receive weekly physical activity health messages and monthly video-reminders on how to increase physical activity in various settings for 6 months after the initial 3 week course. So, join us on the Sit less, get active! journey. Follow us on Twitter @GetActive MOOC #GetActiveMOOC. Also, visit our YouTube channel to check out the promo videos (more are to come) https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC6xpBMzJXnffdUaY32-zPdA If YouTube is not available in your country, you can access the promo videos here https://media.ed.ac.uk/search/searchkeyword/sit%20less%20get%20active P.S. Before you start we would like to know about your approach to physical activity. Please check your emails so you can take the survey we have sent you. Then you can preview the course, or come back and join us when the session starts on September 4, 2017...

ND

Sep 05, 2019

The greatest course ever! It is so realistic that can apply for every one, not only myself.\n\nI have got a range of tips to sit less, get active in here. Once again, thank you alot for your effort.

MM

Jul 25, 2016

This is a very useful and short course that covers all you need to get active, and is well seupported by a well chosen set of optional readings for anyone wanting to learn more. Highly recommended.

176 - 200 of 219 Reviews for Sit Less, Get Active

By 李万丹

Jul 12, 2016

This course is a good introduction to getting active, and it provides a plethora of useful resources that can help you get started.

By Lerrick S

Jun 12, 2017

This was a good course. I learned about the importance of moving more and got a better understanding of how to go about integrating more movement into my daily life.

By dehbee

Oct 23, 2016

fun! Informative and light, a reminder to get up and get moving!

By Sobia K

Aug 06, 2016

nice course

By Michelle P

Oct 16, 2016

Quick class that gave me some inspiration to get moving!

By Achuth A R

Oct 26, 2016

Could add a lot more exercise specific information.

By Vijayakumar M N

Aug 23, 2016

A useful course that gives practical guidelines on increasing physical activity in daily life. It specifies that even as low as 30 minutes of moderate physical exercise 5 times a day can be very beneficial to an otherwise sedentary person.

By JOHN Q

Oct 26, 2016

ok course.....motivational

By Jade

Jan 29, 2017

Very informative course :) the quizzes were a little too obvious (just my own opinion!) I did not feel challenged during them.

By Ms. S T

Jul 21, 2016

Excellent course. It's easy but inspirational in nature.

By Samundra S

Sep 08, 2016

Very motivating and highly informative. I'll recommend for everyone, irrespective of age or sex.

By Francisco L

Oct 04, 2017

Excelent course

By Yogeeta

Feb 14, 2017

Good motivator to take first steps in keeping oneself active. Simple tips provided which once used in day to day life will definitely change our sedentary lifestyle

By Bettina S

Sep 18, 2017

In this course a lot of different activities for people of all age are being introduced. The short movies are good to follow. In case you are interested further the authors provide a lot of website links with more information. Some things were repeated quite often. Instead I would have liked more information about motivation and habit formation.

By Janaya N

Jan 21, 2018

Good encouragement to get moving, but a little basic in the delivery

By Mary M

Jul 16, 2017

This course was an excellent reminder of how dangerous too much sitting can be to one's health. The benefits of easy goal setting, choosing healthy habits and benefits of exercising with others were stressed and much appreciated.

By Karen M

Jan 18, 2018

Good Course - though i have not yet received my certificate and i completed all the necessary steps a few month ago

By Austin W

Sep 05, 2018

Very good course, the videos and the bibliographic links and resources at the end of each part of the course were very useful tools. It put several empiric ideas that I had into perspective and has given me tools to improve my health and wellbeing by being more active at home and at work, ideas such as Active Travel for instance are great.

By kerri

Sep 08, 2018

Great course. A bit basic but it's an excellent start for motivating one to get more active!

By Marjori P

Oct 16, 2018

Well organized and presented content. I just wish it a bit more in depth info. Seems to be pretty shallow information most people I know already are aware of.

By Anmol S J

Mar 23, 2019

I knew most of what was taught, but it would benefit a lot of people with less prior knowledge.

The highlight of the course was the interview with the little girl Sabine; have not seen any cuter child than her.

By David Y

Jun 02, 2019

A bit simple for university content, but very informative and helpful.

By Mallory D

Nov 30, 2016

Provides good tips for how to inc

By David C

Jul 15, 2016

Pros: Really motivating!

Cons: Not much real content even for a beginner, too short.