Back to Getting Started with Essay Writing

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Getting Started with Essay Writing by University of California, Irvine

Course 2: Getting Started with Essay Writing This is the second course in the Academic English: Writing specialization. By introducing you to three types of academic essays, this course will especially help prepare you for work in college classes, but anyone who wants to improve his or her writing skills can benefit from this course. After completing this course, you will be able to: - create effective thesis statements for your essays - plan and write compare/contrast, cause/effect, and argument essays - write well-developed body paragraphs Note: The lectures and practice activities are available for free, but you must upgrade to the pay version in order to take the quizzes and get feedback on writing assignments....

MU

Feb 11, 2016

I always loved writing. What I didn't know, however, was that writing had some scientific structures that could make it very interesting. Take this course and know why. I took and was very successful.

EB

Dec 05, 2015

I am only on the second week an have done my essay and feel very powerful. English is not my first language but the instructor made it easy for me by detailing every aspect of essay writing. Thank you

101 - 125 of 671 Reviews for Getting Started with Essay Writing

By Jamshaid C

May 05, 2020

I really love essay writing. many tiny yet complex concepts were made easy by Ms. Tamy Chapman. her teaching style is motivating.

By Pratheek D

Feb 23, 2019

For a beginner to get an understanding on how to model your essay. The course delves into different ways on how to write an essay

By Angelica M

Jan 10, 2016

Very well explained. I learnt a lot form the teacher. The assignments are easy and very productive. They provide good material.

By Francisco A O A

Aug 04, 2017

The best course on essay writing I have taken in my life. In fact, it is the only one! It will help me achieve my objectives.

By omar m f

Apr 11, 2017

Recommended for anyone who want to learn more about the language skills especially in writing

well it's comprehensive course.

By Nandiya

Aug 31, 2016

this course is very helpful for me improving my writing skill. thanks to those who are the tutors of this course. thank you.

By Julianna

Jul 09, 2020

Great informative and practices, such as writing assignments and quizzes. Top quality course and I would highly recommend!

By Diptiman B

Jan 04, 2017

Very helpful course! The instructor took the learner through carefully designed material and I'm happy I took the course!

By Aung M H

Feb 12, 2016

It is a very effective and useful course. It helps me improve my writing skill a lot. Thank you so much coursera and UCI.

By Xenia K

Feb 10, 2016

Short videos, variety of exercises and interaction with other colleagues make this course a very interesting experience!

By Amit C D

Jul 14, 2020

It's really a amazing experience with this course.! Indeed, it's very helpful in case of enhance my writing skill 😊

By Felipe N

Feb 29, 2020

It's an amazing course, I learned a lot about grammar and essays. This course will help me look for a job. Thank you!

By Letian W

Jan 22, 2019

By learning this part, I realised how to structure an essay. I would highly recommend this session to my friends.

Feb 07, 2016

It was a great course and I learned a lot from it.. Unfortunately, I'm short on cash and can't do the assignments

By Ogochukwu E

Apr 13, 2020

I started this course with no confidence in writing essays and I finished with a lot of confidence. Thank you.

By amjad a

Apr 12, 2019

Splendid course in order to familiar with writings. Those who are interested in writings must take this course.

By Crash C

Aug 14, 2018

I feel like I really improved my writing skills and feel confident going into my sophomore year of high school.

By Truong D M

Nov 02, 2017

It is real wonderful course that I've ever seen from MOOCs. Thank you very much to lecturers, UCI and coursera.

By M.Alam S

Aug 02, 2016

i found this course very effective, supportive and informative . i had downloaded all videos and practicing it.

By Anna N K

Nov 07, 2015

I have recently started and can see all benefits and positive sides of this course! Excelent one! Many thanks!

By BHUPESH M

Jul 26, 2020

Those who want to improve their writing skills must join this course. Thank you so much teacher and coursera!

By C A

May 06, 2020

I must say i have had an exceptional learning experience i am so glad that i did this it has helped me a lot.

By ARCHANA G

Jun 30, 2016

this course helps a lot in developing essay ability especially to those who didn't get chance in school days.

By Bronwyn T

Aug 11, 2020

The way it was broken down with the quiz’s in between was great! I actually feel confident writing them now!

By AKANKSHA T

Dec 29, 2019

The course helped me to a great extent! I am glad that I joined this course. Thank you California University