Back to Getting Started with Essay Writing

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Getting Started with Essay Writing by University of California, Irvine

Course 2: Getting Started with Essay Writing This is the second course in the Academic English: Writing specialization. By introducing you to three types of academic essays, this course will especially help prepare you for work in college classes, but anyone who wants to improve his or her writing skills can benefit from this course. After completing this course, you will be able to: - create effective thesis statements for your essays - plan and write compare/contrast, cause/effect, and argument essays - write well-developed body paragraphs Note: The lectures and practice activities are available for free, but you must upgrade to the pay version in order to take the quizzes and get feedback on writing assignments....

EB

Dec 05, 2015

I am only on the second week an have done my essay and feel very powerful. English is not my first language but the instructor made it easy for me by detailing every aspect of essay writing. Thank you

BD

Nov 17, 2015

Thank you for teaching me how to write basic essays. This has been one of my most important goals for years. I've tried several other ways of learning but your method worked for me. Thank you so much.

101 - 125 of 468 Reviews for Getting Started with Essay Writing

By Samiyah B

Jun 23, 2016

I learned so much and this course was a really big help in leveling up my essay writing skills.

By Alaa A G

May 23, 2016

An excellent course that provide to the learner who to write an essay and who to understand it.

By Kapil K

Oct 05, 2019

It was a great course and being a master student I have learned so much new and worthy stuff.

By Lorena B

Jan 17, 2017

I learn several topics about writing essay. It helped me to improve my writing skills. Thanks

By Honey-Rose L

Feb 21, 2016

I enjoyed learning the different ways to write an essay and the differences as per each type.

By Saket P

Mar 16, 2020

Excellent course. Helped me immensely in writing academic essay. Highly recommended. Thanks.

By Juan G C M

Aug 25, 2016

...it is a great opportnity to improve your understanding about your college writting style.

By Jose A M G

Apr 01, 2016

Really good course. I've learn a lot. It makes student interact with each other really well.

By kwok

Nov 21, 2015

Good course with practice and interaction with other students to improve own writing styles.

By Ibrahim a

Mar 11, 2019

I'm really thankful to all the instructors who gave and shared their effort and background.

By Sayed A M

Oct 19, 2017

It is just awesome!!! I love this, it change my writing style and my believe about English.

By Nuria A

Nov 15, 2015

The teacher explains very well how to write the different types of essays.

Very interesting.

By Marwa R A

Mar 19, 2019

Thanks, coursera community! This course is very rich, useful and it is a great help to me.

By Marie G A N

Jul 03, 2019

Very well structured and useful course. It helped me a lot in my writing for university.

By Alejandro R

Apr 14, 2018

It's very educational to a student writing and aspiring to one's dream of being a writer.

By Pore J

Feb 24, 2016

One of the best courses by Coursera, it significantly helps me increase my writing skill.

By Mariana P V

Dec 26, 2015

It's a great course. Simple, clear and so many things that you can learn every session :)

By Nada E T A

Nov 04, 2017

This course has improved my writing skills than I had imagined. It was also so much fun!

By Diego S

Jun 24, 2016

I'm actually pretty happy with this course; I'll keep progressing to the Specialization.

By Do D K

Dec 11, 2019

Thanks this Course, After learn this course, I understand and apply when writing Essay.

By Bochra L

Mar 10, 2016

Thank you so much for providing such program , i have learned alot of things in here !

By Murilo M d S

Aug 04, 2017

Great course, very well explained how to format essays. Many thanks for this learning.

By Sherrie

Dec 05, 2015

Great course. Very easy to understand the formula for writing proper essays. Thanks!

By Nguyen T D

Jun 25, 2017

How a wonderful course! Thanks miss Tamy Chapman because of your excellent lectures.

By Sreejith E K

Nov 26, 2016

Very effective course for me. It really helps me to understand the basics of grammar.