Back to Getting Started with Essay Writing

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Getting Started with Essay Writing by University of California, Irvine

Course 2: Getting Started with Essay Writing This is the second course in the Academic English: Writing specialization. By introducing you to three types of academic essays, this course will especially help prepare you for work in college classes, but anyone who wants to improve his or her writing skills can benefit from this course. After completing this course, you will be able to: - create effective thesis statements for your essays - plan and write compare/contrast, cause/effect, and argument essays - write well-developed body paragraphs Note: The lectures and practice activities are available for free, but you must upgrade to the pay version in order to take the quizzes and get feedback on writing assignments....

EB

Dec 05, 2015

I am only on the second week an have done my essay and feel very powerful. English is not my first language but the instructor made it easy for me by detailing every aspect of essay writing. Thank you

MU

Feb 11, 2016

I always loved writing. What I didn't know, however, was that writing had some scientific structures that could make it very interesting. Take this course and know why. I took and was very successful.

151 - 175 of 680 Reviews for Getting Started with Essay Writing

By Lalit N

Jul 25, 2020

Really Good, This is support my professional Career. Thank you Coursea Giving me this opportunities.

By JONNALA S R

May 09, 2020

Very nicely designed. Good Course to take. Nice explanation. Offering series of courses. Thank you..

By Calvin B

Aug 31, 2019

After I completed this class, I am comfortable to write any style of writing English without errors.

By Diana M H

Apr 01, 2018

Again .. you are so easy .. can explain easily .. provide gradual quizzes.

I am so lucky to join you.

By Abolfazl A

Oct 23, 2017

This course contain simple and useful context. I liked its structure and ways of talking. Good Job!

By Glimpse P

Jul 10, 2020

Great course, helps a lot to begin with essays. Having a discussion forum would be better however.

By Maheed U

Feb 08, 2017

this is course is just wow!!!! i have learnt a lot - will defiantly help me using it in my career.

By M. S S

Jul 31, 2020

This as really an amazing course to learn essay writing. Thanks Coursera for such smart learning.

By Husam E A M I

Jul 27, 2018

this course contain many inspirational components and I hop really to take most of it's benefits.

By Ankit B

May 11, 2018

I really like the assignment oriented approach. It is the best way to improve the writing skills.

By Faezeh E

Dec 13, 2016

It's absolutely amazing! I highly recommend every non-native english speaker to take this course.

By Nathanael O

Mar 18, 2016

it is very interesting, it´s not only for writing...its for life what they´re teaching, thank you

By Md. T A

Aug 25, 2020

I really learned a lot from this course, moreover, I am pursuing the next course of this serial.

By Samiyah B

Jun 23, 2016

I learned so much and this course was a really big help in leveling up my essay writing skills.

By Alaa A G

May 23, 2016

An excellent course that provide to the learner who to write an essay and who to understand it.

By Ahmed R f

May 01, 2020

It`s an awesome course, and I recommend it to anyone who needs to improve his writing skills.

By Kapil K

Oct 05, 2019

It was a great course and being a master student I have learned so much new and worthy stuff.

By Lorena B

Jan 17, 2017

I learn several topics about writing essay. It helped me to improve my writing skills. Thanks

By Honey-Rose L

Feb 21, 2016

I enjoyed learning the different ways to write an essay and the differences as per each type.

By Saket P

Mar 16, 2020

Excellent course. Helped me immensely in writing academic essay. Highly recommended. Thanks.

By Juan G C M

Aug 25, 2016

...it is a great opportnity to improve your understanding about your college writting style.

By Jose A M G

Apr 01, 2016

Really good course. I've learn a lot. It makes student interact with each other really well.

By kwok

Nov 21, 2015

Good course with practice and interaction with other students to improve own writing styles.

By Majid Y A A

Aug 05, 2020

It has been a great writing journey, I learnt a lot of it and the instructors were amazing.

By Nailya

Thank you for the course! It is so helpful for those who never been taught to write essays.