Back to Getting Started with Essay Writing

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Getting Started with Essay Writing by University of California, Irvine

Course 2: Getting Started with Essay Writing This is the second course in the Academic English: Writing specialization. By introducing you to three types of academic essays, this course will especially help prepare you for work in college classes, but anyone who wants to improve his or her writing skills can benefit from this course. After completing this course, you will be able to: - create effective thesis statements for your essays - plan and write compare/contrast, cause/effect, and argument essays - write well-developed body paragraphs Note: The lectures and practice activities are available for free, but you must upgrade to the pay version in order to take the quizzes and get feedback on writing assignments....

EB

Dec 05, 2015

I am only on the second week an have done my essay and feel very powerful. English is not my first language but the instructor made it easy for me by detailing every aspect of essay writing. Thank you

BD

Nov 17, 2015

Thank you for teaching me how to write basic essays. This has been one of my most important goals for years. I've tried several other ways of learning but your method worked for me. Thank you so much.

176 - 200 of 617 Reviews for Getting Started with Essay Writing

By Sherrie

Dec 05, 2015

Great course. Very easy to understand the formula for writing proper essays. Thanks!

By Samved I

Jun 13, 2020

The course is highly useful inasmuch as developing essay-writing skills is concerned.

By Nguyen T D

Jun 25, 2017

How a wonderful course! Thanks miss Tamy Chapman because of your excellent lectures.

By Sreejith E K

Nov 26, 2016

Very effective course for me. It really helps me to understand the basics of grammar.

By Sardor T

Jul 26, 2020

In this course, I have learned the effective structures for writing academic essays.

By Sarbalakova G B

Jun 27, 2020

This course give me a lot of important information, learning about academic writing

By Amr W A R S

Nov 15, 2019

Good course for kinds of essays. I recommend that you get the whole specialization.

By Ledong S

Jan 13, 2016

This course helps a lot. Makes it easy and clear to write different types of essay.

By Berenice R A

Mar 07, 2019

This course really gave skills for essay writing. It makes writing much more easy!

By Theodoros N

Feb 12, 2016

It help me a lot to change my thinking of writing very valuable for Essay Writing

By Sayaka T

Dec 02, 2017

Great to learn American style of writing before you go to other English courses.

By Muhammad S A G M A

Sep 19, 2019

I'd like to thank the instructor so much for presenting this very good content.

By Masood A H

Sep 03, 2018

AMAZING. ACADEMIC WRITING NOW IS SOURCE OF STRENGTH AMONG MY ACADEMIC FELLOWS.

By Bikash G

Aug 11, 2016

Excellent course for students who wants to learn about writing academic essays.

By IRACEMA V M M

Apr 01, 2016

Getting Started with Essay Writing was an excellent course. I really liked it !

By Martin R

Feb 09, 2016

Excellent course for students who want to learn more about English Composition.

By Guadalupe M

Apr 13, 2016

interesting course that helps you to improve your English writing. Very good

By Moiken P

Nov 15, 2015

This course was informative and helped me to review my essay writing skills.

By NAGALAKSHMI G

It's really an awesome course. I have learned many things from this course.

By Mohammd z a

May 07, 2019

it was unforgettable course, and help me so much to write essay.

thank you.

By Ibrahim N

Apr 06, 2017

Super online course. I really enjoyed the content and mastered some skills.

Feb 09, 2016

This is my second course. A very good teacher, resources, and explanations.

By srikanth k

Apr 29, 2020

I fully enjoyed the course. The instructors are very friendly and helpful.

By Dasom K

Feb 08, 2019

I leaned about how to write Compare/Contrast

Cause/Effect