Back to Getting Started with Essay Writing

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Getting Started with Essay Writing by University of California, Irvine

Course 2: Getting Started with Essay Writing This is the second course in the Academic English: Writing specialization. By introducing you to three types of academic essays, this course will especially help prepare you for work in college classes, but anyone who wants to improve his or her writing skills can benefit from this course. After completing this course, you will be able to: - create effective thesis statements for your essays - plan and write compare/contrast, cause/effect, and argument essays - write well-developed body paragraphs Note: The lectures and practice activities are available for free, but you must upgrade to the pay version in order to take the quizzes and get feedback on writing assignments....

MU
Feb 10, 2016

I always loved writing. What I didn't know, however, was that writing had some scientific structures that could make it very interesting. Take this course and know why. I took and was very successful.

BD
Nov 16, 2015

Thank you for teaching me how to write basic essays. This has been one of my most important goals for years. I've tried several other ways of learning but your method worked for me. Thank you so much.

176 - 200 of 751 Reviews for Getting Started with Essay Writing

By Husam E A M I

Jul 27, 2018

this course contain many inspirational components and I hop really to take most of it's benefits.

By Ankit B

May 11, 2018

I really like the assignment oriented approach. It is the best way to improve the writing skills.

By Faezeh E

Dec 13, 2016

It's absolutely amazing! I highly recommend every non-native english speaker to take this course.

By Nathanael O

Mar 18, 2016

it is very interesting, it´s not only for writing...its for life what they´re teaching, thank you

By Md. T A

Aug 25, 2020

I really learned a lot from this course, moreover, I am pursuing the next course of this serial.

By Josephine B P

Oct 30, 2020

This course helps me in a way that it refreshes my knowledge in doing essays. Thank you so much

By Samiyah B

Jun 23, 2016

I learned so much and this course was a really big help in leveling up my essay writing skills.

By Alaa A G

May 23, 2016

An excellent course that provide to the learner who to write an essay and who to understand it.

By MISHELL D C Y M

Nov 23, 2020

A great course to improvise english skills as a non-native speaker and writer. Thanks for all.

By Ahmed R

May 1, 2020

It`s an awesome course, and I recommend it to anyone who needs to improve his writing skills.

By Kapil K

Oct 5, 2019

It was a great course and being a master student I have learned so much new and worthy stuff.

By Lorena B

Jan 17, 2017

I learn several topics about writing essay. It helped me to improve my writing skills. Thanks

By Honey-Rose L

Feb 21, 2016

I enjoyed learning the different ways to write an essay and the differences as per each type.

By Saket P

Mar 16, 2020

Excellent course. Helped me immensely in writing academic essay. Highly recommended. Thanks.

By Juan G C M

Aug 25, 2016

...it is a great opportnity to improve your understanding about your college writting style.

By Jose A M G

Apr 1, 2016

Really good course. I've learn a lot. It makes student interact with each other really well.

By Kwok N

Nov 21, 2015

Good course with practice and interaction with other students to improve own writing styles.

By Majid Y A A

Aug 5, 2020

It has been a great writing journey, I learnt a lot of it and the instructors were amazing.

By Nailya

Thank you for the course! It is so helpful for those who never been taught to write essays.

By Rajeev S

I achieved very much informative knowledge to enhance my Communication skills in my career.

By Ibrahim a

Mar 11, 2019

I'm really thankful to all the instructors who gave and shared their effort and background.

By Sayed A M

Oct 19, 2017

It is just awesome!!! I love this, it change my writing style and my believe about English.

By Nuria A

Nov 15, 2015

The teacher explains very well how to write the different types of essays.

Very interesting.

By Marwa R A

Mar 19, 2019

Thanks, coursera community! This course is very rich, useful and it is a great help to me.

By anwar m

Nov 9, 2020

I learned a lot about the diversity and foundation of academic writing Thank you everyone