Back to Getting Started with Essay Writing

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Getting Started with Essay Writing by University of California, Irvine

Course 2: Getting Started with Essay Writing This is the second course in the Academic English: Writing specialization. By introducing you to three types of academic essays, this course will especially help prepare you for work in college classes, but anyone who wants to improve his or her writing skills can benefit from this course. After completing this course, you will be able to: - create effective thesis statements for your essays - plan and write compare/contrast, cause/effect, and argument essays - write well-developed body paragraphs Note: The lectures and practice activities are available for free, but you must upgrade to the pay version in order to take the quizzes and get feedback on writing assignments....

TR

Oct 26, 2021

It is actually quite a simple course, easy to attend as it does not require a long time each week. However it did improve my writing skills, I'm considering to attend the next advanced writing course.

MU

Feb 10, 2016

I always loved writing. What I didn't know, however, was that writing had some scientific structures that could make it very interesting. Take this course and know why. I took and was very successful.

51 - 75 of 837 Reviews for Getting Started with Essay Writing

By anjali g

Feb 26, 2019

I so wish to continue further. This course has helped me in my essay writing. Strangely, I have been in academia, but I have failed to understand the basics of essay writing until now. Thanks for having this course. It was extremely informative and helpful to me.

By Altaf H N

May 16, 2020

I have gone through many MOOC courses, this course I found very helpful, knowledgeable and support to build your essay writing from basic to sound level. As a non English writer and speaker, I found no barrier in learning. Keep learning, keep sharing. Thank you.

By noura_albudaiwi@yahoo.com

May 13, 2017

It is a great training course. My only suggestion that I wish you would add MLA and APA styles for writing references. I also wish to learn how to write a reference to a website. But overall, it was a wonderful experience.

Regards,

Noura Abdul Rahman Al-Bedaiwi

By Shalini Y

Jul 22, 2020

Awesome course. It helped me a lot to write a different type of essays. However I feel there should be marking by instructors as peers does not mark according to given criteria. They anonymously give grades without judging in rightful manner.

By Ayush R

Jun 7, 2020

Very well detailed course.I must say that after pursuing this course my essay writing skills has improved exponentially and i would also consider pursuing other courses of this particular specialization from University of California,Irvine.

By karen

Jan 12, 2021

Coursera Getting Started with Essay has really helped me t improve my writing skills. At first I was timid about starting this Course, but with time my confidence and writing skills developed. Thank you Coursera for making it s simple.

By Alejandro B

Aug 26, 2020

I have learned a lot about writing an academic essay and different types of essays. The lessons are clear and helpful. Exercises and practices are also pertinent. My only suggestion should be to change the criteria for the assignments.

By A.

Jul 30, 2020

I would like to thank the instructors of this course! I learned how to write academic essays in a proper way and also the videos are very informative. I recommend this course to everyone who wants to learn how write an academic essay.

By sunil u

Sep 15, 2016

Writing part was an immense difficulty for me, before Coursera Getting Started With Essay. The way my submitted assignment evaluated, gave me a credible feed back to improve my short coming and learn quickly.

Thanks you very much.

By Andrés R C (

Jun 3, 2019

Aprendí bastante en este curso sobre como escribir, los ensayos que hice fueron muy complejos para mi y la retroalimentación mía y de mis compañeros me ayudó a ver errores comunes. Tomense en serio el curso y aprenderán bastante.

By fatima s a

Jun 9, 2020

thanks for helping me in my writing, the way of teaching is really so nice and easy and in a few days a i have gain so much of information only from this course it really improved my writing thanks again really appreciated.

By Zeb

Jun 23, 2020

This course is perfectly design and delivered. The course amazingly enriched my essay writing skills. Thanks to the Coursera Team and the University of California, Irvine, for offering us such a great learning opportunity.

By Mohamed I

Sep 3, 2017

I gained many uncountable benefit from this course, I learned different types of Essay writing , and got good confidence, I recommend every want who want to learn essay writing effective. I thank the lectures and coursera.

By Abdul R

Oct 22, 2022

A comprehensive course explaining different types of essays with minute details. If one practcies keeping in mind the instructions, one can definitely excel in writing. Heartful thanks to the instructors.

By Екатерина Л

Feb 10, 2016

From my point of view, this course is not only useful but also helpful for many students. If you have some problems with your writing style, I highly recommend you "Getting Started with Essay Writing".

By Tongtong R

Oct 27, 2021

By Hamza Z

Jul 10, 2020

In academic essay writing it is one of the most comprehensive, briefly explained and detailed course. i would recommend to join everyone who is facing difficulty in the basics of essay writing.

Regards

By Libardo Q

Oct 17, 2017

I am really grateful with coursera for giving me the opportunity to study this online course. These courses are very helpful for people like me who are looking forward to growing professionally.

By Jose S K B

May 3, 2020

It is a very good course on Essay Writing. Since it started with the basics, it helped me a lot to start from level zero. It was extremely helpful to go ahead with the future course in Writing.

By William D G P

Feb 6, 2016

Is a very good course with an amazings explanations about wirting essays. Although you need to practice a lot to get good skills, in this course you get the concepts to learn how to write, etc.

By V S

Jul 7, 2020

I am very happy that I have completed the course. It was indeed priceless learning experience. I would like to thank all the instructors for their valuable inputs on different types of essays.

By Asghar K

Feb 19, 2022

This is the very best course for learning Academic essays. I am very thankful to the teachers that teach us very well and also to the course platform that provides us such a good opportunity.

By Hina A

This was really helpful as English is not my first language and I have never had thought of any systemic way of writing essays but now I can write essays properly and much more confidently

By Hiba A

Jan 22, 2020

It was a great engouyable self online learning, for two essential reasons which are the additional tips and the flexibility of our study schedule. I will do my best to start a new track.

By Mohammed G M A

Apr 20, 2022

For someone who did not learn essay writing in high school, this course is an excellent way to get started. I would highly recommend this to everyone who wants to improve their writing.