Back to Getting Started with Essay Writing

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Getting Started with Essay Writing by University of California, Irvine

Course 2: Getting Started with Essay Writing This is the second course in the Academic English: Writing specialization. By introducing you to three types of academic essays, this course will especially help prepare you for work in college classes, but anyone who wants to improve his or her writing skills can benefit from this course. After completing this course, you will be able to: - create effective thesis statements for your essays - plan and write compare/contrast, cause/effect, and argument essays - write well-developed body paragraphs Note: The lectures and practice activities are available for free, but you must upgrade to the pay version in order to take the quizzes and get feedback on writing assignments....

EB
Dec 4, 2015

I am only on the second week an have done my essay and feel very powerful. English is not my first language but the instructor made it easy for me by detailing every aspect of essay writing. Thank you

BD
Nov 16, 2015

Thank you for teaching me how to write basic essays. This has been one of my most important goals for years. I've tried several other ways of learning but your method worked for me. Thank you so much.

51 - 75 of 733 Reviews for Getting Started with Essay Writing

By fatima s a

Jun 9, 2020

thanks for helping me in my writing, the way of teaching is really so nice and easy and in a few days a i have gain so much of information only from this course it really improved my writing thanks again really appreciated.

By Zeb

Jun 23, 2020

This course is perfectly design and delivered. The course amazingly enriched my essay writing skills. Thanks to the Coursera Team and the University of California, Irvine, for offering us such a great learning opportunity.

By Mohamed I

Sep 3, 2017

I gained many uncountable benefit from this course, I learned different types of Essay writing , and got good confidence, I recommend every want who want to learn essay writing effective. I thank the lectures and coursera.

By Ekaterina L

Feb 10, 2016

From my point of view, this course is not only useful but also helpful for many students. If you have some problems with your writing style, I highly recommend you "Getting Started with Essay Writing".

By Hamza Z

Jul 10, 2020

In academic essay writing it is one of the most comprehensive, briefly explained and detailed course. i would recommend to join everyone who is facing difficulty in the basics of essay writing.

Regards

By Libardo Q

Oct 17, 2017

I am really grateful with coursera for giving me the opportunity to study this online course. These courses are very helpful for people like me who are looking forward to growing professionally.

By Jose S K B

May 3, 2020

It is a very good course on Essay Writing. Since it started with the basics, it helped me a lot to start from level zero. It was extremely helpful to go ahead with the future course in Writing.

By William D G P

Feb 6, 2016

Is a very good course with an amazings explanations about wirting essays. Although you need to practice a lot to get good skills, in this course you get the concepts to learn how to write, etc.

By V S

Jul 6, 2020

I am very happy that I have completed the course. It was indeed priceless learning experience. I would like to thank all the instructors for their valuable inputs on different types of essays.

By Hina A

This was really helpful as English is not my first language and I have never had thought of any systemic way of writing essays but now I can write essays properly and much more confidently

By Hiba A

Jan 22, 2020

It was a great engouyable self online learning, for two essential reasons which are the additional tips and the flexibility of our study schedule. I will do my best to start a new track.

By Zannatuge j

Sep 5, 2020

This course is really helpful for me. I have learned about academic essay writing through this particular course. Thank you Common Wealth and Coursera for launching this amazing course.

By Cristina C G

May 2, 2020

Fantastic! Units are perfectly structured what enables a dynamic and practical learning of concepts! Really happy to have applied for this series of courses, which I am really enjoying!

By Abeywardena, H

Sep 6, 2020

This is a very useful and resourceful course for students who want to enhance their academic essay writing skills in English. I would like to thank the UCI for this great opportunity.

By MODALA V B

Jul 20, 2020

This course really helped me a lot , by doing this course i got full of ideas of the compare and contrast , Argumentative Essay in order to write essay. Thank you Coursera Team.

By Sultan k k

Feb 22, 2018

I really learned the academic writing with re-fresh of grammars in the first course. now, I'm study the academic writing in the college and I can go through the course comfortably.

By Mannat O

Aug 25, 2020

This course was really helpful, all the videos were really informative and the assignments were creative. I absolutely loved this course. They helped me improve my English a lot!

By Gholamreza Z

Sep 29, 2020

Hi. Thanks a lot for this powerful course. It was a great guideline for me to improve my writing ability. I have a lot do to, but I really needed a course like this. Thank you.

By New s

Oct 31, 2016

Very nice course, especially the reply from classmates. Here we met some classmates with the same problem as ourselves, and we can help and encourage each other. Helpful course

By Abdelkarim J

Apr 19, 2020

I always have a problem with writing in English, that course have helped me too much to evaluate my writing skill, I highly recommended to anyone have problems in his writing.

By allsops

Dec 14, 2015

Essay writing is made so easy with this 'no frills' course. I appreciate this course and have become a better and more confident at writing essays because of it. Thank you.

By Jakia A

Apr 23, 2020

This course is amazing.After doing this course I have learnt how to with an essay properly.It is very helpful specially to the beginner who want to learn how write an essay.

By Daniella C J S

Nov 17, 2019

I'm so grateful for this course. I had so much trouble writing essays and here I've learned techniques and the correct way to write in english. It was an amazing experience.

By Shahzad N

Best courses, i have learnt many details about essay writing.I want to thanks my respected teachers as well as coursera which provide the online course learning platform.

By Hugo E G L

Mar 19, 2016

Awesome course! It will teach you all that you need to know to begin writing essays. From compare/contrast to arguments essays in a simple and undestandable way.

Cheers!